Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 11-26-2012, 03:15 AM
inrodgerswetrust inrodgerswetrust is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Default Pic request

I know I want larger tires like 32s, but from what I've read they won't fit as I don't have torsion bars. So I thought about a small body lift (don't want to go high at all) like 1" but I guess no one makes these and fabbing one and installing can be tricky. So I decided I might settle with 31s So does anyone have any pics of an 01-03 2WD XLT with springs that is leveled with 31s? Or is that even possible? Help me out guys!
__________________
2003 XLT 2WD 3.0 V6
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 AM
Baller Baller is offline
Full Size Mod.
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5,105
Default

You can fit 31's stock. Get some 3 inch spindles or 3 inch body lift. And you will be able to fit the 32's.
__________________
White 2011 XL Reg Cab | Tint | 2.3L | Daily

2001 Ford F250 4x4 lariat 7.3L | Tint | 5" turbo back exhaust | Riff Raff 6637 intake | Hydra | Glowshift gauges | 6.5 lift | 20x14 | 36x15.50's

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
Shit TJ, you are brilliant! I'd buy you a beer if you were here!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-26-2012, 08:36 AM
inrodgerswetrust inrodgerswetrust is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baller
You can fit 31's stock. Get some 3 inch spindles or 3 inch body lift. And you will be able to fit the 32's.
Even if without t bars?
__________________
2003 XLT 2WD 3.0 V6
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:06 AM
Stinkbaitj Stinkbaitj is offline
potential sarcasm poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrodgerswetrust

Even if without t bars?
Yes.

Go with 3inch lift spindles. $250 from wheelsnparts on ebay.

Body lifts are good if you want to look like a avid offroader without much ground clearance.

--1993 ford ranger ext cab 3.0 v6--
__________________
1993 ford ranger 3.0 v6
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
inrodgerswetrust inrodgerswetrust is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbaitj

Yes.

Go with 3inch lift spindles. $250 from wheelsnparts on ebay.

Body lifts are good if you want to look like a avid offroader without much ground clearance.

--1993 ford ranger ext cab 3.0 v6--
I'm not sure if I wanna go that high! 3in lifts with 32s look weird to me...to me the gap between the tire and fender is big, making the tires look small (I'm anal I know). Plus I have a 2wd and don't plan on going trailing every weekend. I just want a more aggressive look for my truck.
__________________
2003 XLT 2WD 3.0 V6
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:08 AM
Stinkbaitj Stinkbaitj is offline
potential sarcasm poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,464
Default

Then your gonna want to stick with leveling it and 31s.

Also, what gears do you have?

--1993 ford ranger ext cab 3.0 v6--
__________________
1993 ford ranger 3.0 v6
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
yeatzee yeatzee is offline
<-- PAID OFF!
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,045
Default Re: Pic request

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrodgerswetrust View Post
I'm not sure if I wanna go that high! 3in lifts with 32s look weird to me...to me the gap between the tire and fender is big, making the tires look small (I'm anal I know). Plus I have a 2wd and don't plan on going trailing every weekend. I just want a more aggressive look for my truck.
lol no 32" tires on 3" spindle lift for our trucks is basically stuffed...



probably less wheel gap than what you have now stock.
__________________
2002 DWB Ford Ranger XLT 3.0 V6 FF 4 Door
3" Doetsch spindle lift, 2.5" Camburg CRS coil lift, BTF uniball UCA's, ORW limit straps
Shackles, blocks, custom leaf pack, Bilstein 5100's/5125's F/R
33" GoodYear MTR's, 8.8 swap with 4.56 gears and L/S
Baja Designs 20" OnX, HID converted Hella's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87rangerSummers View Post
He has a badass lifted 2wd. He is being a smartass
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
Stinkbaitj Stinkbaitj is offline
potential sarcasm poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeatzee

lol no 32" tires on 3" spindle lift for our trucks is basically stuffed...

probably less wheel gap than what you have now stock.
Just plain sexy.

--1993 ford ranger ext cab 3.0 v6--
__________________
1993 ford ranger 3.0 v6
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Pic request

nobody clued in on the fact that this guy doesnt have tbars on an XLT??

heres a few options for you.. since ive done a ton of different combos.

leveled on 31s




body lift with the leveling spacers and 31s




same setup as above with 32s


took off the body lift and threw in spindles


im also in sacramento and have a 3in body lift i want to sell, willing to let it go cheap for a forum member! hope these pics help you make up your mind.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Stinkbaitj Stinkbaitj is offline
potential sarcasm poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,464
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller
nobody clued in on the fact that this guy doesnt have tbars on an XLT??

heres a few options for you.. since ive done a ton of different combos.

leveled on 31s

body lift with the leveling spacers and 31s

same setup as above with 32s

took off the body lift and threw in spindles

im also in sacramento and have a 3in body lift i want to sell, willing to let it go cheap for a forum member! hope these pics help you make up your mind.
You dirty slut...

Nice pics

--1993 ford ranger ext cab 3.0 v6--
__________________
1993 ford ranger 3.0 v6
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Pic request

what can i say? shes a whore
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:17 PM
inrodgerswetrust inrodgerswetrust is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller
nobody clued in on the fact that this guy doesnt have tbars on an XLT??

heres a few options for you.. since ive done a ton of different combos.

leveled on 31s

body lift with the leveling spacers and 31s

same setup as above with 32s

took off the body lift and threw in spindles

im also in sacramento and have a 3in body lift i want to sell, willing to let it go cheap for a forum member! hope these pics help you make up your mind.
Wow that second to last one looks sick! Is that with a 3in spindle lift? And I think I have 3.73 gears not positive though. And where is sac are you??

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkbaitj
Then your gonna want to stick with leveling it and 31s.

Also, what gears do you have?

--1993 ford ranger ext cab 3.0 v6--
I believe 3.73 I'm not sure though.
__________________
2003 XLT 2WD 3.0 V6
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:29 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Pic request

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrodgerswetrust View Post
Wow that second to last one looks sick! Is that with a 3in spindle lift? And I think I have 3.73 gears not positive though. And where is sac are you??

----------



I believe 3.73 I'm not sure though.
yes teh last pic is with leveling spacers, 3in spindles and 32s.
i ran with 31s and 3.73s which is what ratio you probably have. worked perfectly. in the carmichael area, watt and fair oaks. lemme know if youre interested in that body lift, gotta get it sold quick im tired of looking at the damn box lol.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:35 PM
inrodgerswetrust inrodgerswetrust is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller
yes teh last pic is with leveling spacers, 3in spindles and 32s.
i ran with 31s and 3.73s which is what ratio you probably have. worked perfectly. in the carmichael area, watt and fair oaks. lemme know if youre interested in that body lift, gotta get it sold quick im tired of looking at the damn box lol.
You think the 3in spindle lift would look the same as the 3in body lift as far as height goes? And would 3.73s handle 32s okay? I would hate to blow my gears haha I'm a broke college student my life would be over! Lol
__________________
2003 XLT 2WD 3.0 V6
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-26-2012, 12:37 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Pic request

nah tons of people run that tire/gear ratio. as far as heigh goes im not sure. gonna have to look at the pics for that. i had mine double lifted then took the BL off so i never got to compare both separately.

where ya goin to school?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pic request wthayer69 Wheels and Tires 4 11-24-2012 03:38 PM
pic request jarvis Vehicle Snapshots 4 07-27-2012 09:23 AM
pic request if possible Ranger4x497 Vehicle Snapshots 0 05-13-2012 05:39 PM
pic request Finn611 Vehicle Snapshots 1 07-15-2011 09:06 AM
Pic request JGiddy Vehicle Snapshots 4 04-25-2011 05:14 PM