Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:56 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default what pressure to run them at

hey guys my new tires say the presreu should be 50 lb but i think thats real high and stock tires were only 35 so what presure do u think i should keep them at?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
DieHard4rd DieHard4rd is offline
The Old Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,824
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Whats the max sidewall pressure on the tire?
__________________
www.1fun4rd.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-07-2010, 06:58 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

it says 50 on them
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:00 PM
DieHard4rd DieHard4rd is offline
The Old Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,824
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

So you can run them from door sticker pressure up to 50lbs that it says on the tires.
__________________
www.1fun4rd.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard4rd View Post
So you can run them from door sticker pressure up to 50lbs that it says on the tires.
not sure exactly what you mean, but i dont want to go out side right now to look so i will let you know waht it says tomorrow, thanks for the help man
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:08 PM
DieHard4rd DieHard4rd is offline
The Old Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,824
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Your door sticker will state the suggested tire size & tire pressure for your truck. Probably about 34lbs. So what Im saying is you can run them between the 34lbs up to the 50lbs
__________________
www.1fun4rd.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:15 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard4rd View Post
Your door sticker will state the suggested tire size & tire pressure for your truck. Probably about 34lbs. So what Im saying is you can run them between the 34lbs up to the 50lbs
ok ight man thanks, i will proabbly run them at 45 or so. thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2010, 07:42 PM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Try stock pressure first and see how they handle and how the tread wears. If the shoulders of the tread are wearing faster, bump the pressure up.

This link might help you figure out what pressure you need too. Toyo Tire Load and Inflation Table Just look up the formula or look up the tire size and see what the load ratings are per a given pressure.

For example. The recommended pressure for my CR-V with stock tires is about 30 - 32 psi (the oem pressure on the door is 26 but the shoulders wear faster than the center of the tread) but with the 215/75R15s I'm running now, the load rating at those pressures is too low for the vehicle so I had to go to 35 psi.

Hope I helped more than confused.
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2010, 08:23 AM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsandman View Post
Try stock pressure first and see how they handle and how the tread wears. If the shoulders of the tread are wearing faster, bump the pressure up.

This link might help you figure out what pressure you need too. Toyo Tire Load and Inflation Table Just look up the formula or look up the tire size and see what the load ratings are per a given pressure.

For example. The recommended pressure for my CR-V with stock tires is about 30 - 32 psi (the oem pressure on the door is 26 but the shoulders wear faster than the center of the tread) but with the 215/75R15s I'm running now, the load rating at those pressures is too low for the vehicle so I had to go to 35 psi.

Hope I helped more than confused.
thanks man, but i kinda got what im probably going to be running them at. they say 50 on the side and for the stock tires the door jam is 35. i will run they right now at 45 or so and see how they wear.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-08-2010, 11:41 AM
sgtsandman sgtsandman is offline
Tank Diver
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,078
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

That will work and you can adjust up or down as needed then. The table is just a tool to help you with that.
__________________
Sgtsandman's Work in Progress
2011 Ranger XLT, 4X4, 4 door Super Cab. 4.0L, 5 Speed M50D-R1HD, 3.73:1, 8.8" open differential, Jason Pace cap
1999 Honda CR-V EX, RT4WD, 2.0L, 5 Speed MT, 4.56:1, open differential
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: what pressure to run them at

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtsandman View Post
That will work and you can adjust up or down as needed then. The table is just a tool to help you with that.
ya man, hahaha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How can I run 33's! strmtroopr Wheels and Tires 16 06-28-2010 08:40 AM
COAX were to run them? 90fordranger Exterior Tech 5 05-12-2010 02:01 PM
Trail run 4-23-10 SpitfireEMT Vehicle Snapshots 12 04-27-2010 03:29 PM
225/45 tire pressure, What do you run yours at? rockwerks Wheels and Tires 0 04-05-2010 08:37 AM
can someone run me a carfax? MattFetters Off Topic 1 01-21-2010 07:50 PM