Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #196  
Old 04-25-2014, 10:44 AM
Philip Philip is offline
that Nova guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 118
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

I have been to several with my Chevy friends from AZ. We usually try to meet in the Mesa/Chandler area at a place with a parking lot with light traffic and somewhere good to eat. Once we start to get to know each other better it has moved on to meeting at homes for BBQ or watching games or racing.
Once about a dozen of us met up in Phoenix and drove as a group to Sedona for lunch. That was about a 400 mile trip for me and a lot of fun.
Trucks may be a little different than hot rod cars but meeting members and putting faces and personalities with the screen persona makes communications on the forum a little more fun.
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT, regular cab, stepside, 2.5L, 5 speed, 3.73 rear. All stock, mostly original, but modifications are planned.
72 Chevelle Concours wagon, 454 Fuel Injected BB, 4L80E, 3.31 geared 12 bolt, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 04-28-2014, 12:23 PM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
I have been to several with my Chevy friends from AZ. We usually try to meet in the Mesa/Chandler area at a place with a parking lot with light traffic and somewhere good to eat. Once we start to get to know each other better it has moved on to meeting at homes for BBQ or watching games or racing.
Once about a dozen of us met up in Phoenix and drove as a group to Sedona for lunch. That was about a 400 mile trip for me and a lot of fun.
Trucks may be a little different than hot rod cars but meeting members and putting faces and personalities with the screen persona makes communications on the forum a little more fun.
Heck yeah! My little Ranger has become a nice little hobby. I think that it would be great to get a few people together that have the same interests and passion for their Rangers. I think the only problem we're gonna have is meeting in this stupid heat! Ranger's big or small and I wanna see them all! Plus the benefit of making new friends with similar interests is gonna be pretty cool too!
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 05-02-2014, 07:27 AM
Philip Philip is offline
that Nova guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 118
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Mine is back on the road after replacing flywheel, clutch assembly and complete slave cylinder assembly.
How long have you lived in AZ? The heat isn't that bad until June and July then it is tolerable. Sure beats any place that gets 8 months of cold weather, snow and ice
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT, regular cab, stepside, 2.5L, 5 speed, 3.73 rear. All stock, mostly original, but modifications are planned.
72 Chevelle Concours wagon, 454 Fuel Injected BB, 4L80E, 3.31 geared 12 bolt, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 05-02-2014, 11:06 AM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
Mine is back on the road after replacing flywheel, clutch assembly and complete slave cylinder assembly. How long have you lived in AZ? The heat isn't that bad until June and July then it is tolerable. Sure beats any place that gets 8 months of cold weather, snow and ice
Sweet man, I bet that took all damn day too! I am actually from two places, Arizona and Mississippi... Arizona, I'm from the White Mountains "Show Low" and Ms "Wayne county"... I can go either way on cold or hot, I seem to lean more toward the cold side though. I have a lot of insulation, I'm packing in at 6'1" and 280 lbs! Hahahahaha! Where are you from Philip?
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 05-02-2014, 01:16 PM
Philip Philip is offline
that Nova guy
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 118
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

The clutch replacement took 8 hours spread over 2 days. I could do it much quicker the next time probably half the time but hopefully there will not be a next time
I have lived in several places not counting where the Navy sent me. Grew up in north central rural NJ. A town called Denville where I 80 and state route 46 cross. Moved to Mesa Arizona in 1967 after HS graduation. Moved to the Show Low area in 1978 raised my 4 kids there and moved here to the Tucson area in 2001.
I lean towards the warm side not so much due to size, 5'6" 185 pounds, but because I'm old and warm is easier to live with
__________________
2001 Ranger XLT, regular cab, stepside, 2.5L, 5 speed, 3.73 rear. All stock, mostly original, but modifications are planned.
72 Chevelle Concours wagon, 454 Fuel Injected BB, 4L80E, 3.31 geared 12 bolt, GM 4 wheel disc brakes
Reply With Quote
  #201  
Old 05-14-2014, 09:44 AM
Redneckfordf250 Redneckfordf250 is offline
18 year old redneck
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 122
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Live in Snowflake near show low been here 4 or 5 years and love it.
Was born in Tuscon and sure don't miss it.

Our ranger is a 96 Ranger going through a frame swap to go to 4x4 on a 92 chassis and drivetrain.
We also have a few ranger based trucks:
my 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 4 door
and our trail truck 84 Bronco 2 4x4 2.8L TK5
__________________
Tornado 96 Ranger extended cab 4x4 4.0L A4LD 92 interior. Almost done
94 explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 3.73LS ford 8.8 D35 working on 2nd gen overhead console
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 05-14-2014, 10:06 AM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip View Post
The clutch replacement took 8 hours spread over 2 days. I could do it much quicker the next time probably half the time but hopefully there will not be a next time
I have lived in several places not counting where the Navy sent me. Grew up in north central rural NJ. A town called Denville where I 80 and state route 46 cross. Moved to Mesa Arizona in 1967 after HS graduation. Moved to the Show Low area in 1978 raised my 4 kids there and moved here to the Tucson area in 2001.
I lean towards the warm side not so much due to size, 5'6" 185 pounds, but because I'm old and warm is easier to live with
Hey Mr. Phil, Sorry it took so long for me to reply... Truck has been having issues here lately but I think I've got it up to par finally. You lived in Show Low while I was still there, I probably went to school with your children! Class 02’ Cougars! I miss it there, I’ve been looking for various job opportunities back in the mountains but the $$ is just not there…
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:15 AM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf250 View Post
Live in Snowflake near show low been here 4 or 5 years and love it.
Was born in Tuscon and sure don't miss it.

Our ranger is a 96 Ranger going through a frame swap to go to 4x4 on a 92 chassis and drivetrain.
We also have a few ranger based trucks:
my 94 Explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 4 door
and our trail truck 84 Bronco 2 4x4 2.8L TK5
How about yuh Redneck? What's the weather doing over there? Still winding down from yall's cold spell?
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:20 AM
Redneckfordf250 Redneckfordf250 is offline
18 year old redneck
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 122
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Windy as crazy which is holding me back from working on the trucks and getting out and ridding the Harleys but overall nice temps.

The cold actually wasn't bad all year. Most of the year I could work on the trucks in a t-shirt which is weird for up here.


As far as jobs good luck me and 3 of my buddies have been looking for a job since we turned 17 I am not 18. LOL
__________________
Tornado 96 Ranger extended cab 4x4 4.0L A4LD 92 interior. Almost done
94 explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 3.73LS ford 8.8 D35 working on 2nd gen overhead console
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:35 AM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf250 View Post
Windy as crazy which is holding me back from working on the trucks and getting out and ridding the Harleys but overall nice temps.

The cold actually wasn't bad all year. Most of the year I could work on the trucks in a t-shirt which is weird for up here.


As far as jobs good luck me and 3 of my buddies have been looking for a job since we turned 17 I am not 18. LOL
Yeah, this winter wasn't that bad at all in contrast to some of the previous harsher seasons. What the heck is a Tornado Ranger? Any new trails over that way? I know most the ones I knew in high school are either closed or now developed.
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Redneckfordf250 Redneckfordf250 is offline
18 year old redneck
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 122
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

I just go all over the place with our Bronco 2 even when I don't know where I am going. I just mainly take the jeep trails out here that are a little harsh. I had to downsize tire size on the 84 Bronco 2 because of spring sag and such. Haven't gotten it stuck yet but of course I haven't really gone to really harsh ones. I went through a wash when it started raining before and that was a little bit of fun.

Tornado is the name of the truck we are building. We name all our trucks. We named it tornado to keep the storm names we have for our trucks. Also it looks like a tornado hit it. LOL

We got White Lightnin' My 88 F150
Blizzard My 94 Explorer
Blue thunder our 84 Bronco 2
Beast II Mom's 97 Expedition
Baby Blue Our 85 Chevy Van
Taz Dad's 89 F250
Big white me and my dad's 02 F250
Cross bones other brother's 91 F250
Canadian Red 89 F350
Ironhead73 my 73 Harley
and Powder My dad's 07 Harley.

By the way call me Trav or Travis
__________________
Tornado 96 Ranger extended cab 4x4 4.0L A4LD 92 interior. Almost done
94 explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 3.73LS ford 8.8 D35 working on 2nd gen overhead console
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 05-14-2014, 11:57 AM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneckfordf250 View Post
I just go all over the place with our Bronco 2 even when I don't know where I am going. I just mainly take the jeep trails out here that are a little harsh. I had to downsize tire size on the 84 Bronco 2 because of spring sag and such. Haven't gotten it stuck yet but of course I haven't really gone to really harsh ones. I went through a wash when it started raining before and that was a little bit of fun.

Tornado is the name of the truck we are building. We name all our trucks. We named it tornado to keep the storm names we have for our trucks. Also it looks like a tornado hit it. LOL

We got White Lightnin' My 88 F150
Blizzard My 94 Explorer
Blue thunder our 84 Bronco 2
Beast II Mom's 97 Expedition
Baby Blue Our 85 Chevy Van
Taz Dad's 89 F250
Big white me and my dad's 02 F250
Cross bones other brother's 91 F250
Canadian Red 89 F350
Ironhead73 my 73 Harley
and Powder My dad's 07 Harley.

By the way call me Trav or Travis
hahaha nothing wrong with that man! My Ranger's name is G.W.. I just creeped through some of your posts and seen that you are looking for the Deer Hoof wheels? If you're still interested I have a set for sale off of my grandmas old Ranger in Springerville... I believe the ones I have are a little more rare than the others or so I am told. They have the two dot holes between the "hoofs".
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 05-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Redneckfordf250 Redneckfordf250 is offline
18 year old redneck
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 122
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

Naw I am not looking for them I have 4 of them right now and I couldn't decide to run those or the stock ones which I have 5 of. We will probably be running 15s because it is easier to find tires and I will be putting a 3inch body lift on the truck.
I probably will use the 4 wheels that I got for my motorcycle trailer since I need wheels on it and 2 spares would be a good idea.

Check out my build thread it should become really interesting before you know it.
__________________
Tornado 96 Ranger extended cab 4x4 4.0L A4LD 92 interior. Almost done
94 explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 3.73LS ford 8.8 D35 working on 2nd gen overhead console
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 05-14-2014, 12:23 PM
cpope8503 cpope8503 is offline
Ford Motor Company
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 143
Default

Oh, I gotcha! Like the idea of going to 15's better anyway. Have you been out to the "Power lines"? There are some pretty fun trails out there...
__________________
Ranger/Xlt 3.0 ltr/2WD/auto, 3.73 rear, 5/2'' Doetsch Tech suspension lift, 3 in body lift.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 05-14-2014, 12:28 PM
Redneckfordf250 Redneckfordf250 is offline
18 year old redneck
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 122
Default Re: So no body lives in AZ but me with a ranger

I am not to familiar with that to tell you the truth. I live 5 miles of backroads and right behind me is Mesa Redonda and I go up their and drive all over the place. If you go up their you probably will see so many roads torn up from me going up their with the Bronco 2 it is unbelievable. LOL
I haven't been able to go up their lately because I put car wheels and tires on the Bronco 2 (it still would do find up their) and the battery took a dump on it. So I am waiting till pay day to buy a battery for my explorer then taking the old one out and putting it in the Bronco 2.


I like the 15s too but it wasn't up to me being it is my brother's truck.
__________________
Tornado 96 Ranger extended cab 4x4 4.0L A4LD 92 interior. Almost done
94 explorer 4x4 4.0L A4LD 3.73LS ford 8.8 D35 working on 2nd gen overhead console
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Omg it lives!!!!!! Sonic04edge Vehicle Snapshots 6 07-08-2010 05:32 AM
it lives wolfboy192 4-Cylinder Tech 1 05-23-2010 05:38 PM
putting a 83 ranger body on a 93 ranger chassis divahunter Exterior Tech 0 04-11-2010 08:17 AM
who lives in ontario big green Off Topic 4 01-06-2010 10:01 AM
03 Ranger Body Lift JeffB Lifted Suspension 3 05-13-2009 07:12 PM