Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #46  
Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
thekanezzi thekanezzi is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Default Re: What do you think of this?

I figured he included tires but thats still pretty freakin good. He said that his front was 37 inches and his back was 38. He also said that he could have adjusted them more so I assume he could have leveled it out. 38 inches is 5 above where I'm at now. Which is where I wanna be but I would probably prefer this to a body lift.

So I'm sure, you do get more lift out of #1 bars? Do you need new keys? Are these more rough than just cranking stock bars?


~Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 03-19-2010, 09:03 PM
Ranger_EDGE Ranger_EDGE is offline
SVT
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,522
Default Re: What do you think of this?

very nice man!!!! lol i dont think no one realized you got the level 2 tow hooks up front now lol! you did a lot looks very very nice
__________________
-1995 ford ranger prerunner, 4.0, 4x4, 5-speed, 62k original miles, 2.5 radflo bypass front and 2.5 radflo triple bypass rear, deavers f23, 4.56 gears front and back, 07 seats, 07 mirrors, 35x12.50 bfg a/t, 4" fiberwerk glass front and rear, eagle alloy rims, 6k hid heads, two 8k hid off road lights, 34" led light bar, bed/roll cage/engine cage, 25 gallon fuel cell, cut and extended beams/radius arms
-2000 ford SVT f150 lightning -SOLD Lifted 2001 Ford Ranger EDGE, April's 2012 TOTM
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekanezzi View Post
I figured he included tires but thats still pretty freakin good. He said that his front was 37 inches and his back was 38. He also said that he could have adjusted them more so I assume he could have leveled it out. 38 inches is 5 above where I'm at now. Which is where I wanna be but I would probably prefer this to a body lift.
So I'm sure, you do get more lift out of #1 bars? Do you need new keys? Are these more rough than just cranking stock bars?
~Cheers
You dont need new keys.

I am thinking that with my t-bar crank and 3" body lift with 31's I am about the same 37" and 38"

EDIT:

I looked b4 coming to work
front: 38 3/4"
back: 39"
__________________
2005 Edge


Last edited by STL; 03-20-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 AM
thekanezzi thekanezzi is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
You dont need new keys.

I am thinking that with my t-bar crank and 3" body lift with 31's I am about the same 37" and 38"

EDIT:

I looked b4 coming to work
front: 38 3/4"
back: 39"
Thanks STL

But he doesn't have a BL right? It would be nice to get that height with adding a BL nor spending a ton of money on spindles.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Lazler Lazler is offline
April '10 FRF TOTM Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Lazler
Default Re: What do you think of this?

I'm not Body Lifted and will never be lol. Like someone said i got 4" total, 3" T-bar crank with another inch by the 32" Tires.

Thanks everyone for the comments!
__________________
2005 Ranger EdgeTX Level II

2005 Ranger Edge, Ext Cab, 4 Door, 4x2, 3.0L, Dark Shadow Grey, STX Grille, FX4 Level II DSG Alcoa's and J Tow Hooks, 32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's, Black Headlights/Corners, Nightshaded 01-05 Taillights, Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Headunit.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 03-20-2010, 12:53 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Chris what did the bars cost you and how much for the belltech shackles?

My guess is it was all less than a body lift.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Lazler Lazler is offline
April '10 FRF TOTM Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Lazler
Default Re: What do you think of this?

$50(US) for the bars and $40(Canadian) for the shackles
__________________
2005 Ranger EdgeTX Level II

2005 Ranger Edge, Ext Cab, 4 Door, 4x2, 3.0L, Dark Shadow Grey, STX Grille, FX4 Level II DSG Alcoa's and J Tow Hooks, 32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's, Black Headlights/Corners, Nightshaded 01-05 Taillights, Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Headunit.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 03-20-2010, 03:37 PM
thekanezzi thekanezzi is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 9
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazler View Post
I'm not Body Lifted and will never be lol. Like someone said i got 4" total, 3" T-bar crank with another inch by the 32" Tires.

Thanks everyone for the comments!
hows the ride of your truck? how hard was it to install the tbars?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 03-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Lazler Lazler is offline
April '10 FRF TOTM Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Lazler
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark98xlt View Post
Im sure you got the bars at a pretty decent discount from justin since he works for the dealer though.
haha no i bought these from 01_ranger_4x4 for $50
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekanezzi View Post
hows the ride of your truck? how hard was it to install the tbars?

Thanks
They really didn't look that hard. Like i said before someone else did the work. The ride actually feels better then the F bars lmao
__________________
2005 Ranger EdgeTX Level II

2005 Ranger Edge, Ext Cab, 4 Door, 4x2, 3.0L, Dark Shadow Grey, STX Grille, FX4 Level II DSG Alcoa's and J Tow Hooks, 32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's, Black Headlights/Corners, Nightshaded 01-05 Taillights, Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Headunit.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 03-21-2010, 12:58 AM
cacher cacher is offline
Grumpy Ole Man
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Nice AT's-I have em, and you will be able to go anywhere.
__________________
Cree Proverb

~Draw me not without reason, Sheath me not without honor~ 17th century swordmaker Gallegos

~1994 Ford Ranger 2.3L 4-Banger 217, 000+miles~
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Lazler Lazler is offline
April '10 FRF TOTM Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Lazler
Default Re: What do you think of this?

A/T's? lol they are M/T's haha and i don't expect to get stuck a lot after i get a locker installed!
__________________
2005 Ranger EdgeTX Level II

2005 Ranger Edge, Ext Cab, 4 Door, 4x2, 3.0L, Dark Shadow Grey, STX Grille, FX4 Level II DSG Alcoa's and J Tow Hooks, 32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's, Black Headlights/Corners, Nightshaded 01-05 Taillights, Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Headunit.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Re: What do you think of this?

well crap i just checked my FX4 to see what bars i have and i have B bars and K springs.. that pisses me off cus all this time i thought i was rollin on #1 bars...
however i looked under my truck and the bars that are on there have a barcode and look WAAAAAY newer than anything else... so maybe the previous owner put #1s in!!!

i also measured my fenders and i'm at 36.5" front and back. if i dont have #1 bars then your extra height would make perfect since.

once again man your truck is sick. very clean but still looks badass. that locker will be killer too
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:58 AM
silver silver is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 162
Default Re: What do you think of this?

turned out great....
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 03-22-2010, 03:52 PM
Lazler Lazler is offline
April '10 FRF TOTM Winner
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 383
Send a message via AIM to Lazler
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007BlackFX4 View Post
well crap i just checked my FX4 to see what bars i have and i have B bars and K springs.. that pisses me off cus all this time i thought i was rollin on #1 bars...
however i looked under my truck and the bars that are on there have a barcode and look WAAAAAY newer than anything else... so maybe the previous owner put #1s in!!!

i also measured my fenders and i'm at 36.5" front and back. if i dont have #1 bars then your extra height would make perfect since.

once again man your truck is sick. very clean but still looks badass. that locker will be killer too
B Bars are actually almost like #1's but have a smoother ride to them lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
turned out great....
Thanks Joey!
__________________
2005 Ranger EdgeTX Level II

2005 Ranger Edge, Ext Cab, 4 Door, 4x2, 3.0L, Dark Shadow Grey, STX Grille, FX4 Level II DSG Alcoa's and J Tow Hooks, 32x11.50x15 BFG Mud-Terrain KM2's, Black Headlights/Corners, Nightshaded 01-05 Taillights, Pioneer AVH-P4000DVD Headunit.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 03-22-2010, 05:17 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Re: What do you think of this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazler View Post
B Bars are actually almost like #1's but have a smoother ride to them lol
in that case i give up trying to figure out how you got so much lift. either way your truck looks great with those new tires and wheels.
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search