Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #2086  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Skylark65 Skylark65 is offline
"Race Internals"
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswetherill View Post

The first week I bought Betty, I cut down 2 cedar trees.. one I cut out in ~5ft planks, the other I cut it into 2ft stumps for my wood shop.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
had me really worried until the last pic that all that beautiful ceder would end up in the stove and not a piece of furniture! you did the right thing lol!
__________________
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!
Reply With Quote
  #2087  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:27 PM
bswetherill bswetherill is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 63
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
had me really worried until the last pic that all that beautiful ceder would end up in the stove and not a piece of furniture! you did the right thing lol!


I don't have many furniture orders.. mainly company logos and small orders. Maybe a wine box here and there.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2088  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:36 PM
Skylark65 Skylark65 is offline
"Race Internals"
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswetherill View Post
I don't have many furniture orders.. mainly company logos and small orders. Maybe a wine box here and there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
far better than the alternative! i'll never forget my one of my dad's coworkers giving us a load of "firewood" he cut out of his yard.... we got there to find 4 black walnut trees on the ground and already cut into 16" blocks. what a waste.

very nice work man, you carve all the letters too?

edit: wait are they all inlaid??
__________________
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!
Reply With Quote
  #2089  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:38 PM
bswetherill bswetherill is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 63
Default Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
far better than the alternative! i'll never forget my one of my dad's coworkers giving us a load of "firewood" he cut out of his yard.... we got there to find 4 black walnut trees on the ground and already cut into 16" blocks. what a waste.

very nice work man, you carve all the letters too?

edit: wait are they all inlaid??


Yeah, I learned it by trial and error. Got my own little woodshop page on Facebook and everything now. Working on making it a legit thing. And I cringed reading about the walnut... I have a huge black gum tree in my back yard that I want to take my tree climber up to get a thick limb. Super sketch.

Edit: not inlaid. I make them separately with white pine. Then glued them on the cedar backdrop.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2090  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:49 PM
Skylark65 Skylark65 is offline
"Race Internals"
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,515
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswetherill View Post
Yeah, I learned it by trial and error. Got my own little woodshop page on Facebook and everything now. Working on making it a legit thing. And I cringed reading about the walnut... I have a huge black gum tree in my back yard that I want to take my tree climber up to get a thick limb. Super sketch.

Edit: not inlaid. I make them separately with white pine. Then glued them on the cedar backdrop.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldin't tell in the pics, hell even making all those letters by hand would take forever. I can't imagine trying to inlay something like that lol.

that's really cool you're getting a business together. I spent a year working for a retired friend of mine who has a woodmizer and a nicely equipped woodshop.... it became obvious to me fairly quickly there is a pretty good market for someone who can mill & sell lumber locally, and build & repair some furniture and such. as long as you commit yourself to it you should do well.

also if you want to share any of your projects there is an old woodworking thread in the off topic section
Woodworkers unite!
__________________
2000 XLT 4X4, 3.0, Auto, regular cab - throttle cable mod, K&N drop in filter, taylor thundervolt 8.2 plug wires, autolite sparkplugs, Accel coil pack, AVS Ventshades, Rampage LED tailgate light bar, BFGoodrich All Terrain T/A tires, Trail F/X toolbox, cruse control pod light fix, Cobra 19 ultra II CB, lil wil antenna, pioneer door speakers, expo woodgrain radio bezal, 06+ mirrors & tails, powerdome hood

2000 XLT 4X4 Offroad, 4.0 / auto, supercab - the project truck!
Reply With Quote
  #2091  
Old 09-21-2016, 07:50 PM
bswetherill bswetherill is offline
Ford Ranger Owner
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 63
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylark65 View Post
I couldin't tell in the pics, hell even making all those letters by hand would take forever. I can't imagine trying to inlay something like that lol.



that's really cool you're getting a business together. I spent a year working for a retired friend of mine who has a woodmizer and a nicely equipped woodshop.... it became obvious to me fairly quickly there is a pretty good market for someone who can mill & sell lumber locally, and build & repair some furniture and such. as long as you commit yourself to it you should do well.



also if you want to share any of your projects there is an old woodworking thread in the off topic section

Woodworkers unite!


Interesting. Maybe I can make some custom pieces for the forum junkies


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2092  
Old 09-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Birdhunter1 Birdhunter1 is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 152
Default

Here's my Ranger with a load. Three 5x5 round bales, unsure of the weight but I wouldn't dare haul this without working trailer brakes.
Only had to go 6 miles with it and the top speed limit was 50 on the roads I drove home.
For the questioners, 3.0 V6 5 speed auto and 4.10 gears.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-723910811.jpg (74.5 KB, 68 views)
__________________
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms belong on a grocery list not a government agenda!
2007 Ranger reg cab, white, 6' bed, 4wd, 3.0 auto
Reply With Quote
  #2093  
Old 09-29-2016, 04:20 PM
FORDified77 FORDified77 is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 4
Default

ForumRunner_20160929_171928.jpg
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20160929_171941.jpg (20.1 KB, 55 views)
Reply With Quote
  #2094  
Old 10-04-2016, 04:37 AM
Birdhunter1 Birdhunter1 is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 152
Default

Hauled some electric poles today. 4 miles or so, couldn't get above 30 with it as it got too squirrely.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-2123374915.jpg (86.0 KB, 63 views)
__________________
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms belong on a grocery list not a government agenda!
2007 Ranger reg cab, white, 6' bed, 4wd, 3.0 auto
Reply With Quote
  #2095  
Old 10-15-2016, 07:35 AM
JC4x4trucks JC4x4trucks is offline
Danger dually
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 164
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!



Just the show trailer that weighs under 1000LBs....



And there is the 4100LBs load
__________________
1997 Ford F-50 Ranger "Kacey Mudmutt" V2
1997 Ford F-50 Ranger "Kacey Mudmutt"(Parting out)
1996 Ford F-50 Ranger "Jackie" (Sold)
1989 Ford Mustang "Old Blue" (Sold)
1996 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer Edition"Green Monster" (Sold)
1957 Jeep Willies Pickup (Sold)
Reply With Quote
  #2096  
Old 10-15-2016, 08:10 AM
JC4x4trucks JC4x4trucks is offline
Danger dually
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 164
Default Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Rangerxlt View Post


Sent from my RAZR M using FRF Android App
Love seeing other rangers pulling gooseneck setups.
__________________
1997 Ford F-50 Ranger "Kacey Mudmutt" V2
1997 Ford F-50 Ranger "Kacey Mudmutt"(Parting out)
1996 Ford F-50 Ranger "Jackie" (Sold)
1989 Ford Mustang "Old Blue" (Sold)
1996 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer Edition"Green Monster" (Sold)
1957 Jeep Willies Pickup (Sold)
Reply With Quote
  #2097  
Old 10-15-2016, 01:40 PM
msparks msparks is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC4x4trucks View Post
Love seeing other rangers pulling gooseneck setups.
yes that's cool
__________________
2005 FX4 4.0 SOHC L/S 4.10 Automatic Transmission k&n drop-in air filter, filter box mod, LED tag and back up lights
Reply With Quote
  #2098  
Old 10-15-2016, 10:10 PM
Ranger Super Duty Ranger Super Duty is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 113
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC4x4trucks View Post
Just the show trailer that weighs under 1000LBs.... And there is the 4100LBs load
Where / how did you get that dialysis set up?

----------

F***ing auto correct!!!
Dually set up NOT dialysis
Reply With Quote
  #2099  
Old 10-15-2016, 10:19 PM
Jimmyspy Jimmyspy is online now
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,755
Default

Haulin the turd off to be scrapped. (Turd as in boat, not ranger. Lol).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-481965797.jpg (79.5 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg image-3167593031.jpg (69.2 KB, 45 views)
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, ext. cab, 4.0L v6
Superlifted
33x12.5 Duratracs

1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 ext. cab 4.0l v6 SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #2100  
Old 10-17-2016, 09:18 AM
JC4x4trucks JC4x4trucks is offline
Danger dually
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 164
Post Re: Lets see your Ranger loaded up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Super Duty View Post
Where / how did you get that dialysis set up?

----------

F***ing auto correct!!!
Dually set up NOT dialysis
Either custom build it or be lucky in finding the kit that's been discontinued.
__________________
1997 Ford F-50 Ranger "Kacey Mudmutt" V2
1997 Ford F-50 Ranger "Kacey Mudmutt"(Parting out)
1996 Ford F-50 Ranger "Jackie" (Sold)
1989 Ford Mustang "Old Blue" (Sold)
1996 Ford F-150 Eddie Bauer Edition"Green Monster" (Sold)
1957 Jeep Willies Pickup (Sold)
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets see your Lifted Ranger Smokey Vehicle Snapshots 1272 04-30-2016 11:25 AM
Lets see your interiors as is it now! SmokeyMcPot420 Vehicle Snapshots 12 05-10-2010 09:10 PM
Lets see your Saleens. Dcrymes99ranger Vehicle Snapshots 0 03-04-2010 02:02 PM
lets see your cover Tech Exterior Tech 6 09-21-2009 10:28 PM
2007 FX4 level 2 for sale, loaded (Canada) skinnerbeep Trucks 2 06-08-2009 09:29 AM