Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 07-06-2010, 08:32 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

went down some trails today because a friend of mine got his jeep stuck and needed help. grabbed a few pictures while i was out there.







and just an updated picture. i took off a few chrome things here and there



I'm toying with the idea of partially blacking my truck out. by partially i mean getting black wheels and some new tires because i hate the nittos. i'm thinking a XD series black wheel with maybe some duratracs or BFGs on them. as for other things to black it out, i'm thinking about ditching the chrome grille inserts and repainting my stock grille to make it look new and also getting a new ford emblem because the one i have is faded out bad. i'm also thinking about taking that stupid silver pin stripe off. also thinking about ditching the chrome bull bar for a black full brush guard (doubt i'll do this one).
let me know what you guys think about my ideas and what would be good and what wouldn't. thanks
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 AM
beef08 beef08 is offline
Oh Yup!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,695
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

1. do a 1" level maybe 2" if your up to it.
2. why are you getting rid of your nittos i thought you loved em? and id go with the duratracs.
3. black it out just powdercoat the wheels flat black and paint your head/corner lights black.
4. get rid of the gay stripe and the bull bar.
5. and get the sport grill or paint the chrome pieces black Ranger front clip on stl's post with all the grill options get the first one on the right
6. but do not get rid of the two tone.
7. add some off road lights infront
__________________
"I thought this was America!"-Randy Marsh

2003 fx4 4.10, maxed tbars, 5000k HIDS 3157 silverstar bulbs, expo ohc, alons mag light holder, 06+ tails, throttle cable mod, air box mod
360tag:BEEFS7A7US

Last edited by beef08; 07-07-2010 at 02:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:46 AM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Nice flex

3rd picture looks really good
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:58 AM
Dcrymes99ranger Dcrymes99ranger is offline
Explorer seats are in
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Cool pics nice truck.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 3.0xl


My Build Thread!!!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:31 AM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef08 View Post
1. do a 1" level maybe 2" if your up to it.
2. why are you getting rid of your nittos i thought you loved em? and id go with the duratracs.
3. black it out just powdercoat the wheels flat black and paint your head/corner lights black.
4. get rid of the gay stripe and the bull bar.
5. and get the sport grill or paint the chrome pieces black Ranger front clip on stl's post with all the grill options get the first one on the right
6. but do not get rid of the two tone.
7. add some off road lights infront
1. how do i do that? my tbars are already maxed out and i have shackles in the back..
2. i bought the truck with nittos already on it and i dont like the way they look.. never have ha
5. thanks for linking this. i might have to get one of those grilles because the one i have now is a little scratched up
6. i wont ha
7. been meaning to do that for awhile

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
Nice flex

3rd picture looks really good
thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcrymes99ranger View Post
Cool pics nice truck.
appreciate it
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 AM
beef08 beef08 is offline
Oh Yup!
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,695
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007BlackFX4 View Post
1. how do i do that? my tbars are already maxed out and i have shackles in the back..
2. i bought the truck with nittos already on it and i dont like the way they look.. never have ha
5. thanks for linking this. i might have to get one of those grilles because the one i have now is a little scratched up
6. i wont ha
7. been meaning to do that for awhile


ahh didnt know you already maxed em out cuz the shackles threw me off..but yea just powdercoat your wheels but some goodyears on there cuz i think they look better and you got yourself some complete sexyness!
__________________
"I thought this was America!"-Randy Marsh

2003 fx4 4.10, maxed tbars, 5000k HIDS 3157 silverstar bulbs, expo ohc, alons mag light holder, 06+ tails, throttle cable mod, air box mod
360tag:BEEFS7A7US
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:39 AM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,581
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

as you can see in your other thread, I vote BFGs. Hands down the best tire I have ever owned
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-07-2010, 10:56 AM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

nice truck
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-07-2010, 01:07 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01DangerRanger View Post
nice truck
Thanks
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-07-2010, 03:28 PM
snakeranger snakeranger is offline
Ranger driver since 2005
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,847
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

I'd say go with the XD series rims and BFG tires. I checked out those XD series rims and they look tight! Those would look good with your ranger! Also about the ford emblem, idk why that happens to 06'+ rangers but It's about $30 to replace so that's not so bad.
__________________
Black 2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4X2 Supercab 2-door 3.0L V6
Current Mods:
-LED License plate lights, Interior Dome Lamp
-HID Headlights and Foglamps
-265/75/R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrain tires
-Chrome Step Bars


Join the 06'+ Ford Ranger Sports if you have an 06+ Sport model!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 07-08-2010, 12:13 PM
stephen stephen is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,274
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

i say black it out. but im also biased because thats what im doing.
__________________
2008 Sport Black 3.0 V6 2WD.
Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 07-08-2010, 04:32 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeranger View Post
I'd say go with the XD series rims and BFG tires. I checked out those XD series rims and they look tight! Those would look good with your ranger! Also about the ford emblem, idk why that happens to 06'+ rangers but It's about $30 to replace so that's not so bad.
Where you get the ford emblem from?
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:26 PM
blackoutranger blackoutranger is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 21
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

hey buddy if you thinking about that black out thing thin just check out mine thats what i did and you can see what all i have done to it and what it looks like can kinda give you an idea about what the final will be but my rims dont cost but like 50 bucks and they are painted but i work at a body shop so if i mess them up i can fix it easy
__________________
2002 4.0l edge 4x4
torison keys turned 2"
2"blocks
brute froce cold air intake
32x11.50 bfg all terrains
15" black pacer bullet hole rims
panasonic radio pioner speakers all the way around
and a 375 watt on the door speakers
Power Acoustik OV2-600 Class A/B Gothic Series 600-Watt Amplifier on two sony 10" subs
and as any old country boy a good old CB radio
black brushguard rap around
2-6" black kc daylighters 130w
and back up lights
black spray in bed liner
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 07-08-2010, 07:41 PM
2007BlackFX4 2007BlackFX4 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 837
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackoutranger View Post
hey buddy if you thinking about that black out thing thin just check out mine thats what i did and you can see what all i have done to it and what it looks like can kinda give you an idea about what the final will be but my rims dont cost but like 50 bucks and they are painted but i work at a body shop so if i mess them up i can fix it easy
Thanks man. I checked it out and I really like your truck. Where did you get your brush guard and who makes it?
__________________
2007 Black FX4
Nitto Terra Grapplers - 285/75
Mickey Thompson Classic II's - 17"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: Offroad Flex Pictures and Update Picture

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007BlackFX4 View Post
Thanks man. I checked it out and I really like your truck. Where did you get your brush guard and who makes it?
im pretty sure it is a westin guard. but i can b wrong.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to rangers and the offroad life Caddy Introduce Yourself 12 06-04-2010 03:08 AM
Two new pictures - a little flex RazorsEdge Vehicle Snapshots 28 04-14-2010 10:14 AM
Offroad Pictures 2007BlackFX4 Vehicle Snapshots 18 03-11-2010 09:09 PM
offroad lights Alfreado121 Exterior Tech 17 02-08-2010 10:14 AM
Daylight pictures with flex (Not 56k friendly) STL Vehicle Snapshots 11 09-12-2009 09:35 PM