Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 05-30-2010, 03:35 PM
cdawall cdawall is offline
Jeep recovery vehicle
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: prerunner bumper

personally i don't care if some people don't like my front bumper its not on there truck so i don't see why they comment and say shit its not like this even affects them

as far as an accident with the prerunner vs the stock bumper the stock bumper is mounted at the very front of the ranger boxed frame the prerunner i have mounts there and under the frame in multiple spots. the stock bumper is on small cheap piece of steel and plastic the prerunner is a tube frame that i have already used to pull my truck out and it didnt bend flex or even shift. try that with the stocker. also the welded tow hooks on my bumper are welded in and way stronger than the stock tow hooks on a ranger. if you think the stock POS is cool thats great GTF and go message some plastic. better yet drive over something more than 5" tall and lets see how attached that stock piece of plastic it.
__________________
'05 Ranger Edge SAS'd, 5.38's, D60/D60U, 38.5" TSL SX's, October 2012 TOTM, build thead
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-30-2010, 03:44 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: prerunner bumper

i have 8 inches of clearance under my valance on my lowered truck, what you got to say about that? and my current one hangs a whole lot lower than my stock one did

Last edited by smakes; 05-30-2010 at 03:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-30-2010, 05:39 PM
stephen stephen is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,274
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
I guess I just DGAF and I'm a bro then because i have a tube bumper on the front of my truck. Its not like I have it so I don't rip off my stock bumper or smash the radiator when offroad. It is also pretty pointless when pushing dead trucks off of a live race course or..........

Function over form. Not everyone mods their trucks just to look pretty.
agreed i was just being an ass. yours is actually one of the few that i do like.
__________________
2008 Sport Black 3.0 V6 2WD.
Build Thread

Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-30-2010, 05:42 PM
cdawall cdawall is offline
Jeep recovery vehicle
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
i have 8 inches of clearance under my valance on my lowered truck, what you got to say about that? and my current one hangs a whole lot lower than my stock one did
Well to start off I say you have a different valence second off I say that I had ripped the mounts off multiple times before it was replaced I also say for offroading the approach angle is way better with the prerunner vs the stock and for some reason I haven't broken the prerunner one yet.

Like I said before if you like the stock bumper good for you but don't thread crap my prerunner one because you don't like that style. There is a reason you don't see a stock plastic valence in the baja races and its not for looks. If you want I can post pics of your stock bumper (the original one) post offroading its pretty banged up after my buddy nose dived it were I cleared no problems.
__________________
'05 Ranger Edge SAS'd, 5.38's, D60/D60U, 38.5" TSL SX's, October 2012 TOTM, build thead
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-30-2010, 06:33 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Well to start off I say you have a different valence second off I say that I had ripped the mounts off multiple times before it was replaced I also say for offroading the approach angle is way better with the prerunner vs the stock and for some reason I haven't broken the prerunner one yet.

Like I said before if you like the stock bumper good for you but don't thread crap my prerunner one because you don't like that style. There is a reason you don't see a stock plastic valence in the baja races and its not for looks. If you want I can post pics of your stock bumper (the original one) post offroading its pretty banged up after my buddy nose dived it were I cleared no problems.
x2 to everything u just said! some people dont like the looks of my front skid plate, but i made it so ive got a better approach angle, it protects my radiator and my rac, and i wont have to worry about breaking my valance off anymore. i dont care about looks, as long as it does its job. which by the looks of it, that bumper will stand up to a lot of shit. i like it!
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 05-30-2010, 07:14 PM
CLOS99 CLOS99 is offline
Ford RANGER est. 99
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 826
Default Re: prerunner bumper

its nice
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-20-2010, 07:37 PM
The Big Ranger Man The Big Ranger Man is offline
Learning to use the forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
welcome to the if you did the mod it sucks and if i would have done it first it's bad ass....just ignore the b.s. that's why i don't say much any more and got a truck big enough to actually haul something in..
You have a silver ranger how is that big enough to haul anything heavy?
Powerstroke is the only real truck!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-20-2010, 07:45 PM
rangerdanger745 rangerdanger745 is offline
2010: Deer-2 / Ranger-0
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 185
Default Re: prerunner bumper

personally i like most of them. And IMO, most people have pre-runners bc they dont make full bumper replacements for rangers..
__________________
05 Edge: Westin step bars, Westin Brushguard, UWS tool box, Class IV Towing Hitch, 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" p2s,Pioneer headunit,8k HIDs in Heads, 35% Tint, Fog Light Mod, and Blinker Mod.
Next:New speakers all around and Flowmaster super 40 w/stock pipes.
Drive an EDGE? Join here: http://www.fordrangerforum.com/groups/edge+rangers.html
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-23-2010, 08:45 PM
cdawall cdawall is offline
Jeep recovery vehicle
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Ranger Man View Post
You have a silver ranger how is that big enough to haul anything heavy?
Powerstroke is the only real truck!!!!!!!
not to be offensive or anything but both the cummins and duramax are better overall than the powerstroke. hell i am looking at a little detroit 6.5L TD over the 7.3L powerstroke right now albiet i like suburbans and i found a cheap 2500 low mileage so of course i lean towards that

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerdanger745 View Post
personally i like most of them. And IMO, most people have pre-runners bc they dont make full bumper replacements for rangers..
i had the option to have a full plate replacement done on mine and 100-200lbs and $600 more would make the truck so much better off-roading if people want a full plate one thats fine i can lift my bumper up by myself plate ones are not quite like that.
__________________
'05 Ranger Edge SAS'd, 5.38's, D60/D60U, 38.5" TSL SX's, October 2012 TOTM, build thead
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-27-2010, 05:32 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: prerunner bumper

i like it and thats all that matters bro lol and i say FUCK the haters it's for function offroad not fucking looks get over it people
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM
DHEM DHEM is offline
Resident Red
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
not to be offensive or anything but both the cummins and duramax are better overall than the powerstroke. hell i am looking at a little detroit 6.5L TD over the 7.3L powerstroke right now albiet i like suburbans and i found a cheap 2500 low mileage so of course i lean towards that
7.3 stock vs 6.5 stock, 7.3 wins
7.3 stock vs 6.5 modded, 7.3 wins.
the 7.3 powerstroke is just as strong and durable as a 5.9 cummins, the 6.5 diesel is really under powered imo, and really not all reliable.

the 6.0 and 6.4 powerstrokes are bad due to emissions

----------

back to topic, i think it seems to be a bit out of place looking to be honest but i know its better than stock for sure.
__________________
'05 2wd Ranger xl with the 3.0

MODS-Alpine head unit, throttle cable mod, Black Rock wheels, FX4 lvl II axle swap, pooleo's camo painted bezel and mustang dome, painted/aftermarket headlights/tails fold-a-cover and over 100 hp in stickers
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:54 PM
cdawall cdawall is offline
Jeep recovery vehicle
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon-FX4 View Post
i like it and thats all that matters bro lol and i say FUCK the haters it's for function offroad not fucking looks get over it people
Thanks I do rather like it now that I have had it a bit my only real regret is I didn't get it linx'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHEM View Post
7.3 stock vs 6.5 stock, 7.3 wins
7.3 stock vs 6.5 modded, 7.3 wins.
the 7.3 powerstroke is just as strong and durable as a 5.9 cummins, the 6.5 diesel is really under powered imo, and really not all reliable.

the 6.0 and 6.4 powerstrokes are bad due to emissions

----------

back to topic, i think it seems to be a bit out of place looking to be honest but i know its better than stock for sure.
Never said the 6.5 ws better persay just that I was looking at it over the 7.3 which imo is the best diesel to this day for reliability. As for cummins I have seen to many croke now that I'm up north same with the newer ford diesels. For the most part if it isn't in the garage it ain't starting and that's with a block heater plugged in all night. Durcraps seems to be the best cold weather starters and in the end once your past gm's 14 bolt and fake lockers they are pretty good trucks.

Now back to on topic its not going to be as out of place as of soon a custom 4 link qith a dana30 is going in to take the place of the dana 35 ifs which is leaking out of its seals and currently has a blown hub and 2 torn boots.
__________________
'05 Ranger Edge SAS'd, 5.38's, D60/D60U, 38.5" TSL SX's, October 2012 TOTM, build thead
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:56 PM
rangercrazy07 rangercrazy07 is offline
Lifted Mall Crawler
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 105
Default Re: prerunner bumper

too big and you need to lift that thing and get it up off those tires....t bars look like they are sagging already....
__________________
1998 Ford Ranger 2x4 XLT Forest Green
7.5 rear with 4.10's
3" Doestch Spindles
265/75/16 Pathfinder Mall Terrains
2-6" Hella's behind grille

Feel free to PM me for pics or questions

EDGEMAN4.0 FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-30-2010, 08:58 PM
cdawall cdawall is offline
Jeep recovery vehicle
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: prerunner bumper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercrazy07 View Post
too big and you need to lift that thing and get it up off those tires....t bars look like they are sagging already....
Tbars are gone...read up a post going solid ifs isn't for lifts
__________________
'05 Ranger Edge SAS'd, 5.38's, D60/D60U, 38.5" TSL SX's, October 2012 TOTM, build thead
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-30-2010, 09:09 PM
2010redfire 2010redfire is offline
Ford Motor Co
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 168
Default Re: prerunner bumper

shouldn't prerunner bumpers be on prerunners?
__________________
2010redfire-
2010 Ranger Sport 4x4 Redfire Red, stock 4.0, 3.73 gears, Putco bed rails, Line-X, Truxedo bed cover
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
92 Ranger Prerunner Shaklakan Project Logs 68 01-17-2012 07:51 PM
Want to Buy: Prerunner bumper ~Fast*Life~ Exterior Parts 18 01-19-2011 03:33 PM
prerunner coop10 Exterior Tech 10 02-07-2010 01:38 PM
prerunner bumper coop10 Exterior Tech 1 02-05-2010 05:54 PM
Prerunner 96splash/09sport Lifted Suspension 14 12-07-2009 12:35 AM