Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #10591  
Old 02-22-2015, 07:57 AM
AmericanPride! AmericanPride! is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 6,710
Default

Saw this guy in Boise
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20150222_075636.jpg (20.6 KB, 52 views)
  #10592  
Old 02-22-2015, 09:09 AM
Xx-L1l-M3-xX Xx-L1l-M3-xX is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,522
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLH View Post
Yamaha music and Yamaha motors aren't related.


I never said they were.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd View Post
Yeah Ferrari designs their engines to give off a near perfect exhaust note, or so I've read


Almost every Ferrari v8 I've heard sound exactly the same regardless of displacement. So I'd agree with that.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
How about a car that will go 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds, with the only sound being the tires on the road?











It's actually a little creepy to witness one of these.


I love the roadster, if only they would bring it back.
__________________
2002 ford ranger 4.0 SOHC steppie auto|airbox mod|throttle cable mod|flowmaster super 44 side exhaust|4X4 off road
coming soon:|halo lights| and interior work!
  #10593  
Old 02-22-2015, 09:15 AM
Jordycarl Jordycarl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
How about a car that will go 0 to 60 in under 4 seconds, with the only sound being the tires on the road? It's actually a little creepy to witness one of these.
lol teslas are an exception...I've ridden in a P85D and I'm not sure if you've read about it but it's an awd 691hp four door sedan that goes to 60 in 3.2 seconds. I 100% agree, it's the creepiest thing in the world to "hear" one accelerate. The sounds are, what you said, the tires on the road, and the wind breaking around the car

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd View Post
Yeah Ferrari designs their engines to give off a near perfect exhaust note, or so I've read
ferrari and lamborghini both. Along with pagani too, and they pretty much sound like a straight up F1 car.
__________________
Red 2002 FX4 4.0 Auto
  #10594  
Old 02-22-2015, 09:32 AM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,977
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

It was funny, because I saw him on lunch. when I came out he was checking out my bike, I checked out his car. Watched him drive off. Stone silent. Even as he hit the main road, and man that thing accelerated. I love the roadster, I would buy one myself.
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
  #10595  
Old 02-22-2015, 09:53 AM
Jordycarl Jordycarl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
It was funny, because I saw him on lunch. when I came out he was checking out my bike, I checked out his car. Watched him drive off. Stone silent. Even as he hit the main road, and man that thing accelerated. I love the roadster, I would buy one myself.
that's pretty sweet that you saw a roadster, they're pretty rare! I've only seen one, but it didn't go fast when it left
__________________
Red 2002 FX4 4.0 Auto
  #10596  
Old 02-22-2015, 10:02 AM
Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordycarl View Post
that's pretty sweet that you saw a roadster, they're pretty rare! I've only seen one, but it didn't go fast when it left
Lol don't you hate that? If I had a car like that, everytime someone stared at it I'd leave flooring it lol
  #10597  
Old 02-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Jordycarl Jordycarl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd View Post
Lol don't you hate that? If I had a car like that, everytime someone stared at it I'd leave flooring it lol
I know right?? I would not have the self discipline to drive normally lol
__________________
Red 2002 FX4 4.0 Auto
  #10598  
Old 02-22-2015, 10:05 AM
Xx-L1l-M3-xX Xx-L1l-M3-xX is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,522
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

I just wish I had instant torque...
__________________
2002 ford ranger 4.0 SOHC steppie auto|airbox mod|throttle cable mod|flowmaster super 44 side exhaust|4X4 off road
coming soon:|halo lights| and interior work!
  #10599  
Old 02-22-2015, 10:12 AM
Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordycarl View Post
I know right?? I would not have the self discipline to drive normally lol
Lol even in my truck when I put exhaust on it I don't drive normally with it
  #10600  
Old 02-22-2015, 11:21 AM
Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 2,578
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

I know it's a Chevy... But this thing is nice
  #10601  
Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Minnesota2001Ranger Minnesota2001Ranger is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn Fan 02xlt 2wd View Post
I know it's a Chevy... But this thing is nice
It would be way nicer without chrome. It does have nice colors though
__________________
2001 4.0 xlt off road, step side. 102,xxx miles. K&N drop in filter. 2006+ tail lights, black headlights and corners, buggman's custom emblems, front and back, plastidipped grille, front valance, and rear bumper plastic. P265/70 R17 Wrangler at/s on painted black MB rims CLICK HERE FOR MUDDING TRIP PICS http://www.gcextreme.com/FordRanger/...eets/Oct_2012/
  #10602  
Old 02-22-2015, 12:52 PM
Ordinary Biker Ordinary Biker is offline
Just call me'Two Rangers'
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,977
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordycarl View Post
that's pretty sweet that you saw a roadster, they're pretty rare! I've only seen one, but it didn't go fast when it left
Is it? I just figured once in a while, but it is true I never saw many. Most of the stuff I see on this thread you would never see around here. Now maybe if I went up to Boulder...
__________________
'98, 2wd, 2.5l, 5spd, regular cab step side
'07, 4X4, 4.0l, 5spd, super cab fleet side
'66 Ford Mustang 289, Auto
'81 Yamaha XS850 custom bobber
'91 Suzuki Marauder

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination. - Voltaire
  #10603  
Old 02-22-2015, 01:26 PM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordycarl View Post
lol teslas are an exception...I've ridden in a P85D and I'm not sure if you've read about it but it's an awd 691hp four door sedan that goes to 60 in 3.2 seconds. I 100% agree, it's the creepiest thing in the world to "hear" one accelerate. The sounds are, what you said, the tires on the road, and the wind breaking around the car
I rode in one too and it was a surreal experience. You get pushed back in your seat so hard and all the sudden you're going fast but there's no noise to go along with it. Insane mode is what's up.
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
  #10604  
Old 02-22-2015, 01:48 PM
Jordycarl Jordycarl is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 731
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordinary Biker View Post
Is it? I just figured once in a while, but it is true I never saw many. Most of the stuff I see on this thread you would never see around here. Now maybe if I went up to Boulder...
I think there's only a little over 2000 in the world. There's a lot of exotic cars here in the Chicago suburbs. I see more lamborghinis, ferraris, and ford GTs than tesla roadsters. Hell, I've even seen more original shelby Cobras around here than those teslas haha. so you better feel honored that you got to see such a rare car lol

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
I rode in one too and it was a surreal experience. You get pushed back in your seat so hard and all the sudden you're going fast but there's no noise to go along with it. Insane mode is what's up.
there's a video on YouTube of someone that puts their phone on the seat backrest while its accelerating and the phone literally stays plastered to the backrest for like 10 seconds from the torque
__________________
Red 2002 FX4 4.0 Auto
  #10605  
Old 02-22-2015, 01:49 PM
J's 05 J's 05 is offline
Same Shirt, Different Day
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,582
Default

At the AZ ranger meet today when these pulled up





__________________
Gold 05 xlt 4.0 auto 4x4.

My build thread
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...build-log.html
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gold trucks post you pics Brodie_laj Vehicle Snapshots 49 11-15-2012 03:40 PM
Vehicle Options simpkinst4 General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 04-07-2010 08:30 AM
Name that Vehicle! Casper Vehicle Snapshots 6 02-07-2010 11:12 AM
thought I would post a few pics of the truck here BILTRITE BULLIES Vehicle Snapshots 21 01-01-2010 08:45 AM
Odometer Continues to add mileage even when the vehicle is at a stop 8kgold69 Electrical Tech 1 10-28-2009 04:59 PM