Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #4501  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:09 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Better financial practices and a consistently quality product.
HAHAHAHA no, they had poor financial practices, forcing them to sell of things such as Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, and their product is no better or worse then a GM. In fact my work truck at Kiewit, an F250, had more recalls on it then my GM. So I'm just calling it a draw.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
  #4502  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
tacho19871987 tacho19871987 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,170
Default

35294184.jpg
  #4503  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post

HAHAHAHA no, they had poor financial practices, forcing them to sell of things such as Land Rover, Jaguar, Volvo, and their product is no better or worse then a GM. In fact my work truck at Kiewit, an F250, had more recalls on it then my GM. So I'm just calling it a draw.
Nah. Gm needs recalls but doesnt do them. At least Ford corrects the issues.

And yeah. The F150 has consistently outsold gm for years because its not a quality product.
  #4504  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post

Nah. Gm needs recalls but doesnt do them. At least Ford corrects the issues.
Lol. Yeah, they need to recall the entire 3000 I6 engine lineup.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
  #4505  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:13 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post

Lol. Yeah, they need to recall the entire 3000 I6 engine lineup.
Lololol
  #4506  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:14 PM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

I'm sorry for taking a picture of a CTS-V and posting it here, then defending the looks of its normal-shaped siblings.
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
  #4507  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:18 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Nah. Gm needs recalls but doesnt do them. At least Ford corrects the issues.

And yeah. The F150 has consistently outsold gm for years because its not a quality product.
HAHA Name one recent GM recall....name it. I'm sure there are some, but which is more public, the F250's sticky throttle, because the electronics crap out, or a GM? Which I can't name any off the top of my head.

And the F150 outsells GM's 1500, whoopity-freakin'-doo, GM still outsells Ford worldwide, one model isn't much to gauge on.

----------

http://www.statisticbrain.com/automo...ll-statistics/

So other then engine fires, Ford has more recalls....read it.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
  #4508  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Only ford recall we've had to deal with was the cruse control on the expedition.....

----------

Bottom line- trying to get me or mike to see GM products any other way is like trying to turn water into wine. It just won't happen.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
  #4509  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:26 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Only ford recall we've had to deal with was the cruse control on the expedition.....

----------

Bottom line- trying to get me or mike to see GM products any other way is like trying to turn water into wine. It just won't happen.
That's fine, people try and tell me Honda's are awesome, I still hate them. Just don't run your mouth, if you can't back it up. The GM isn't anymore crap then your Ford. My GMC standard cab, also has better legroom then my extended cab Ford anyway. Lol
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
  #4510  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:37 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,136
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Are you serious right now? You obviously are either a complete GM hater just because you own a Ford, or you have no automotive taste. Pick one.
I vote no taste
  #4511  
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post

I vote no taste
So because I don't like newer GM, that means I have no taste.......

K.

Makes total sense.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
  #4512  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
So because I don't like newer GM, that means I have no taste.......

K.

Makes total sense.
Basically what I got from your point in the argument was, the design of the CTS-V is equally as ugly as the Aztek simply because it is manufactured by General Motors, and the reliability of a car somehow contributes to its aesthetics.
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
  #4513  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,136
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Basically what I got from your point in the argument was, the design of the CTS-V is equally as ugly as the Aztek simply because it is manufactured by General Motors, and the reliability of a car somehow contributes to its aesthetics.
This, yeller
  #4514  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:10 PM
Yeller Yeller is offline
Wow.So cobra.Very Ranger.
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post

Basically what I got from your point in the argument was, the design of the CTS-V is equally as ugly as the Aztek simply because it is manufactured by General Motors, and the reliability of a car somehow contributes to its aesthetics.
No, I'm saying that both vehicles are ugly, and the GM I have is a huge POS.

No need to over analyze and get your panties in a wad.

----------

And if either of you guys would like to spend a day in my shoes and work on this thing, please come on down and be my guest.

Then you'll understand my pain.
__________________
Chrome Yellow 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0L V6/5spd
  #4515  
Old 05-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Stewart Stewart is offline
photog
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,739
Default Re: Post pics of vehicle you've seen around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
Well, judging how they all look like rolling asses, I'd say they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlYeller View Post
I'm a GM hater because we own a GM product, and it's a huge pice of shit. New issues every day, and it's a pain in the ass to work on.
You say you are a GM hater because you own a GM and it's garbo yet you also let your hatred of GM cloud your vision of a well-designed car. Now, if you really don't like the design of the car itself then just say you don't, but don't say it's ugly just because it's a GM. Do you see where I'm coming from at least?
__________________
1997 Ford Ranger XLT
2.3L I4, 5 speed manual | Build
Flipped Shackles | Cat Delete | Polished Stock Exhaust | Throttle Cable Mod | LED conversions [cluster, HVAC, tag]
JVC KD-HDR60 | Polk Audio db6501 | Bazooka Bass Tube BT6024DVC | Hifonics ZRX1000.4 | PAC-LC1

RIP 10/8/15
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gold trucks post you pics Brodie_laj Vehicle Snapshots 49 11-15-2012 03:40 PM
Vehicle Options simpkinst4 General Ford Ranger Discussion 10 04-07-2010 08:30 AM
Name that Vehicle! Casper Vehicle Snapshots 6 02-07-2010 11:12 AM
thought I would post a few pics of the truck here BILTRITE BULLIES Vehicle Snapshots 21 01-01-2010 08:45 AM
Odometer Continues to add mileage even when the vehicle is at a stop 8kgold69 Electrical Tech 1 10-28-2009 04:59 PM