Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Well i finally got my ranger out of winter storage and it was nice to drive her again. feels like sports car compared to my F-150 although the ride isnt near as good. lol i have a couple mod ideas for her right now, the stabilizer bars are coming off to make the ride smoother off road, limiter straps will be added to the front to keep the shocks from bottoming out and i have to rig up a mount for my scangauge II. i couldnt resist snapping a few pics of her and the F-150. the trucks need a bath though.























im unhappy the ranger has to live outside, but i will soon be building a carport off the garage for it to sleep in out of the elements.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:25 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

lookin good, but couldnt you have atleast closed the garage so we didnt have to look at that ugly chevy?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:29 PM
Ranger01 Ranger01 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,402
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Yea c'mon common courtesy???

Looks great! Wish i could put mine in storage for winter
__________________
2001 3.0 V6 Automatic "Police Interceptor"
4x4 Off-Road
3" Body Lift
Belltech 6400 Shackles
JBA Headers
LOKRITE Locker
COBRA disc conversion
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:30 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Looks awesome Patrick, I love you're truck. The color is awesome, and I love those wheels!

Just for Smakes lol

__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:31 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

how can u guys even see the chevy with that bright white ford right next to it? lol
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:32 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

because i can spot a hunk of crap from a mile away hahaha

and why is the ranger parked outside in the cold and not the chevy? afraid of the chevy rusting to bits in one day?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:36 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
because i can spot a hunk of crap from a mile away hahaha

and why is the ranger parked outside in the cold and not the chevy? afraid of the chevy rusting to bits in one day?
becuase the chevy is my wifes, she outranks the ranger lol. but i will agree with you, it is a hunk of shit, its the only vehicle that leaks all ove rthe garage. i hate it.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:50 PM
smakes smakes is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,005
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

lol you should make her scrub the garage to clean up after it!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-11-2010, 01:53 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smakes View Post
lol you should make her scrub the garage to clean up after it!
Do it! Make her wear something skimp for you and make it a game lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
becuase the chevy is my wifes, she outranks the ranger lol. but i will agree with you, it is a hunk of shit, its the only vehicle that leaks all ove rthe garage. i hate it.
Fix it, none of my GM's did that. I had a 96 Blazer and the GMC is a 99, both have over 100k on em and don't leak a drop
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post



Fix it, none of my GM's did that. I had a 96 Blazer and the GMC is a 99, both have over 100k on em and don't leak a drop
i do fix it, ALOT, its hard to keep up with it. the thing is just a peice of crap, as soon as i fix one leak or problem, another one pops up. right now the intake it leaking. a month ago the front and rear main seals started leaking. its got 140,000 on it but its done this nickle and dime shit from the day we got it with 99,000 on it. the airbag light comes on here and there, the check engine light comes and goes, could never get any codes off it and the ABS light comes on now and than and the gas gauge works only about half the time. the entire interior rattles like crazy and the panels like to pop off sometimes, its just a poorly built vehicle. i vow to never buy another GM product after owing this pile.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-11-2010, 02:13 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
i do fix it, ALOT, its hard to keep up with it. the thing is just a peice of crap, as soon as i fix one leak or problem, another one pops up. right now the intake it leaking. a month ago the front and rear main seals started leaking. its got 140,000 on it but its done this nickle and dime shit from the day we got it with 99,000 on it. the airbag light comes on here and there, the check engine light comes and goes, could never get any codes off it and the ABS light comes on now and than and the gas gauge works only about half the time. the entire interior rattles like crazy and the panels like to pop off sometimes, its just a poorly built vehicle. i vow to never buy another GM product after owing this pile.
Huh, that's a totally different experience then I have had with them. And out of the 19 cars I've owned, all the vehicles except 5 have been GM and the only real big problems other then an alternator and a fan on the Sonoma have been my fault, young kid, car, lead foot you get the idea lol
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-11-2010, 02:19 PM
trcothorn trcothorn is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 238
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

that ranger looks like a beast even beside the f150
__________________
2004 ford ranger 2.3 2wd. flowmaster 40. sony xplode head unit. 30x9.50x15 turbostar ATs. stock jeep wrangler wheels, painted black. ebay taillights. few more cosmetic upgrades
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-11-2010, 02:26 PM
joeynm22 joeynm22 is offline
Open Country Ranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 114
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

If you think your trucks need a bath. Then mine needs a full day at the spa lol. They look clean to me.

Nice truck btw.
__________________
2004 4WD XLT V6 4.0L, 4.10 Limited slip, 32 11.50' bfg KM2 MT, Tbars cranked, 3 inch body lift, Custom headache rack w/ warn 2500lb winch, rear fog's, and brake lights. MB motoring razor wheels.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-11-2010, 02:57 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post
Huh, that's a totally different experience then I have had with them. And out of the 19 cars I've owned, all the vehicles except 5 have been GM and the only real big problems other then an alternator and a fan on the Sonoma have been my fault, young kid, car, lead foot you get the idea lol
im sure they arent all as crappy as the one i have, but this one ruined it for me. i made a gamble when i bought it and i lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trcothorn View Post
that ranger looks like a beast even beside the f150
thanks man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeynm22 View Post
If you think your trucks need a bath. Then mine needs a full day at the spa lol. They look clean to me.

Nice truck btw.
thanks, they arent filthy but the rangers covered in dust form sitting since november and the F-150 just has road grime from the rain we just got.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-11-2010, 03:01 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: The ranger is home at last! (56K grab a beer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01_ranger_4x4 View Post
im sure they arent all as crappy as the one i have, but this one ruined it for me. i made a gamble when i bought it and i lost.
Lol yeah, I think this can happen to anyone. I was not a Ford guy, you could never get me to buy one, then I got this truck, it has safely gotten me across country several times, and been reliable in the worst conditions. The road goes two ways there. How do you like your f150? I didn't like the one I drove but I wasn't in it long either.
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Grab Handles LasPulgas Interior Tech 34 09-13-2017 06:42 PM
All About Beer... mcpink Laugh Factory 2 01-12-2010 07:53 AM
Marie & Grab-Her Got a New Home... DisturbedESV Vehicle Snapshots 32 11-10-2009 03:14 PM
red dog beer greyghost Laugh Factory 2 11-06-2009 12:08 PM
some pics from my american legion ( old farts place) 56k- go grab a sammich.. 2001xlt4d Vehicle Snapshots 9 10-06-2009 07:08 PM