'89 2WD Supercab 5-speed, 138,000mi, many performance parts.
Engine build 13,000 miles ago.
Here's what I've got into it:
- '86 Bronco II throttle body (58mm bore).
- Matched intake manifolds.
- Phenolic intake manifold spacers - reduce temp of intake manifold.
- Cyl heads mangafluxed (no cracks), surfaced, polished and ported, intake manifold matched to intake ports, combustion chamber volumes matched.
- Camcraft cam w/ HD lifters.
- Free-floating rocker arm conversion.
- Rocker arms honed.
- Custom JE pistons.
- Pistons balanced.
- Block deburred (i.e. all casting ridges, etc, ground down), "decked" (surface to crank center made exactly same for all cylinders), bored and honed for new pistons.
- Crankshaft mangafluxed (no cracks), deburred, balanced crankshaft/flywheel, shot peened, bearing journals polished.
- Connecting rods reconditioned, deburred, balanced, shot peened.
- Fuel injectors flow tested, 1 replaced.
- Melling oil pump.
- JBA headers.
- Flowmaster Deltaflow muffler, custom exhaust with SS fasterners.
- Centerforce II clutch - pressure plate, friction plate, throwout bearing.
- MSD Ignition.
- Explorer radiator (much larger capacity).
- Fel-pro valve cover gaskets.
All the machine work was done at a local shop, Cottrell Racing Engines in Chaska, MN.
Other on engine:
- Replaced cam bearings.
- Valve job.
- New timing set
- New cam bearings
- New main bearings
- New rod bearings
- New valve stem seals
- New rocker arm shafts
- Hood latch is broken
- Some rust (no kidding - in Minnesota)
- Left front wheel is gouged up from running into a curb. Still holds air and is balanced.
- Parking brake cable is rusted; needs to be lubed/replaced.
- One leaf broken in right rear leaf spring.
- Volt-meter on accessory gauge set not working.
- Color-matched fiberglass bed cover. Rubber bed mat.
- Awesome-sounding stereo. FM/Cassette/CD. 6-disc changer.
- Almost new tires.
Complete photo album here: