Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #16  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Shackles vs. blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like mud View Post
my buddy Utah had his blocks sitting diagonal at the mounds one day... it was a slow creep to the parking lot lol.. but of course he did have 6 inch blocks
My opinion of blocks....they are either the standard from factory, which is there for proper angles etc, the lowered crowd, or you are a complete retard in a four wheel drive. But that is just my experiences with them lol I have used them, and I hated them, I bought new springs for the truck I had them in, it was much better
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:16 PM
Fireman360 Fireman360 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 20
Default

I think i just come to the conclusion to save my pennies to reroute my exhaust and install the shackles
__________________
03 4.0 auto XLT FX4 stepside supercab, 20% tint all around, Blinker Mod, side exit exhaust
05 4.0 5 speed XLT reg. cab 4x4(totaled)
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:17 PM
i like mud i like mud is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post

My opinion of blocks....they are either the standard from factory, which is there for proper angles etc, the lowered crowd, or you are a complete retard in a four wheel drive. But that is just my experiences with them lol I have used them, and I hated them, I bought new springs for the truck I had them in, it was much better
ya I'm about to put 6 inch blocks and a 3 inch add a leaf on the back of my bronco.. kinda sketchy I guess but she's just a bogger and I haven't had problems with the four inch blocks I have in it now.. and only 750 for a nine inch suspension lift don't hurt either lol
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, Dixie Horn, 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Eagle Alloy 100 Series Black Rims, CB Radio,15 Watt PA Speaker, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Rubber Bed Liner, Brush Guard, Fire Extinguisher Bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I once saw two dudes making out in Publix, and I used to think that was the gayest thing ever, but then I found out about "stance".
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Shackles vs. blocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by i like mud View Post
ya I'm about to put 6 inch blocks and a 3 inch add a leaf on the back of my bronco.. kinda sketchy I guess but she's just a bogger and I haven't had problems with the four inch blocks I have in it now.. and only 750 for a nine inch suspension lift don't hurt either lol
I'm going with retard four wheel drive owner! lol I still don't like them, but keep an eye on them, if your lift is only 950 bucks, and you make ok money, you should have that in no time. I'd wait, but I don't live by you, so I won't get killed by it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireman360 View Post
I think i just come to the conclusion to save my pennies to reroute my exhaust and install the shackles
I am glad you chose this route lol Getting it rerouted probably isn't terribly expensive, I had a full exhaust cat back custom built for 120 bucks
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:20 PM
i like mud i like mud is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post

I'm going with retard four wheel drive owner! lol I still don't like them, but keep an eye on them, if your lift is only 950 bucks, and you make ok money, you should have that in no time. I'd wait, but I don't live by you, so I won't get killed by it lol

I am glad you chose this route lol Getting it rerouted probably isn't terribly expensive, I had a full exhaust cat back custom built for 120 bucks
it doesn't drive on the road.. I trailer it so I promise I won't kill you lol
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, Dixie Horn, 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Eagle Alloy 100 Series Black Rims, CB Radio,15 Watt PA Speaker, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Rubber Bed Liner, Brush Guard, Fire Extinguisher Bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I once saw two dudes making out in Publix, and I used to think that was the gayest thing ever, but then I found out about "stance".
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:22 PM
richarddhoward richarddhoward is offline
Road Trippin' King!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,010
Send a message via MSN to richarddhoward
Default Re: Shackles vs. blocks

Oh, well in that case, hell have at it! I just hate them on street rigs mostly. It's funny watching a dude lose a block in the mud pits lol
__________________
97 Ranger - 4.0 V6 auto, 4wd, 31x10.5x15s Wild Country XTX Sport All Terrains, Warn locking hubs, Pioneer deck with iPod attachment, Snugtop Topper, K&N filter, scan gauge II, Hella 500 Lights, More parts coming, waiting for the paycheck to get bigger!

Truck built in loving memory of Norm Howard
Outcast Racing
PNW Crew!!!
Afterhours Clan!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron_ariens View Post
I think Henry just shit himself
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radness View Post
Its kind of like that carnival game "Whack A Mole" but with guns! Haha
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 PM
i like mud i like mud is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarddhoward View Post
Oh, well in that case, hell have at it! I just hate them on street rigs mostly. It's funny watching a dude lose a block in the mud pits lol
ya I'm hoping that doesn't happen but it's not like she is out crammed on rocks flexing and shit just straight mud holes usually so I'm hoping I will be ok
__________________
2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4x4, 3" Body Lift, 3" Suspension Lift, Dixie Horn, 35" Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs, Eagle Alloy 100 Series Black Rims, CB Radio,15 Watt PA Speaker, Truxedo Tonneau Cover, Rubber Bed Liner, Brush Guard, Fire Extinguisher Bracket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I once saw two dudes making out in Publix, and I used to think that was the gayest thing ever, but then I found out about "stance".
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Question with shackles on a '99 as far as shorter shackles kmaloy Suspension Tech 25 10-02-2012 02:03 PM
Blocks on top of AAL on top of Shackles Oh My RedEdge Lifted Suspension 3 06-03-2012 03:36 PM
lift blocks ajw1275 Lifted Suspension 3 05-09-2012 02:33 PM
Will these blocks fit?? whitelightening Lifted Suspension 4 04-24-2010 09:22 PM
4x4 blocks greyghost Lifted Suspension 12 08-29-2009 04:19 PM