Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 07-12-2010, 10:14 PM
Tom Kuznicki Tom Kuznicki is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 75
Default shocks F/S

I have a set of 4 Tokico shocks for rangers without the torsion bar front end. I am in the metro detroit area. asking $100.00 for the set. I also have a grille from our prior 92 ranger, like new. $35.00.
__________________
A Ranger owner's worse nightmare
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2010, 09:11 PM
Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo is offline
troll extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: shocks F/S

Post up some pics. Also the lengths compressed and not compressed. I'm curious if they're the same as used on the torsion bar front ends...


GB
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge Regular cab, auto 4.0L 4x4 4.10LS

1989 Ranger Regular cab longbed, manual 2.9 4x4

Parts BroncoII's x 3
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Dcrymes99ranger Dcrymes99ranger is offline
Explorer seats are in
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: shocks F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kuznicki View Post
I have a set of 4 Tokico shocks for rangers without the torsion bar front end. I am in the metro detroit area. asking $100.00 for the set. I also have a grille from our prior 92 ranger, like new. $35.00.
Also would be nice to know if these are for lowerd Rangers or are these stock shocks.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger 3.0xl


My Build Thread!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-14-2010, 09:12 AM
Tom Kuznicki Tom Kuznicki is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 75
Default Re: shocks F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
Post up some pics. Also the lengths compressed and not compressed. I'm curious if they're the same as used on the torsion bar front ends...


GB
they are for the non torsion bar rangers. stock ride height.
__________________
A Ranger owner's worse nightmare
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-14-2010, 11:16 PM
Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo is offline
troll extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: shocks F/S

So is the lower mount a funny looking pivot thing?? Or is it just a bushing for a bolt and the top the standard straight threaded shaft?

I guess what I'm getting at is, are you sure they won't fit a torsion bar Ranger?


GB
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge Regular cab, auto 4.0L 4x4 4.10LS

1989 Ranger Regular cab longbed, manual 2.9 4x4

Parts BroncoII's x 3
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-15-2010, 01:55 PM
Tom Kuznicki Tom Kuznicki is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 75
Default Re: shocks F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird76Mojo View Post
So is the lower mount a funny looking pivot thing?? Or is it just a bushing for a bolt and the top the standard straight threaded shaft?

I guess what I'm getting at is, are you sure they won't fit a torsion bar Ranger?


GB
look at my avatar. I have an 05 edge with the torsion bars and they will not work with this type of front suspension.
__________________
A Ranger owner's worse nightmare
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-15-2010, 03:22 PM
2001xlt4d 2001xlt4d is offline
habba babba, Bartle doo?
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,074
Send a message via AIM to 2001xlt4d Send a message via Yahoo to 2001xlt4d Send a message via Skype™ to 2001xlt4d
Default Re: shocks F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Kuznicki View Post
look at my avatar. I have an 05 edge with the torsion bars and they will not work with this type of front suspension.
by looking at your avatar, it looks like you got a F'ed up blue ranger...
cant really tell...
__________________
2001 ford ranger XLT/4.0 sohc./160,000
Mods:Cb/recon third brake light/air silencer mod/new door speakers and h/u / shorty console, 245-75-16 goodyear wrangler duratracs on rock crawler rims. hellas and 03 honeycomb grille.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfer03133 View Post
ya, it can get tough to get the tool to fit in the slot,
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
drilling? id prefer not to drill down there.
EDGEMAN4.0 FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Bird76Mojo Bird76Mojo is offline
troll extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 536
Default Re: shocks F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001xlt4d View Post
by looking at your avatar, it looks like you got a F'ed up blue ranger...
cant really tell...

+1 It's impossible to tell.


GB
__________________
2001 Ranger Edge Regular cab, auto 4.0L 4x4 4.10LS

1989 Ranger Regular cab longbed, manual 2.9 4x4

Parts BroncoII's x 3
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-16-2010, 10:52 AM
Tom Kuznicki Tom Kuznicki is offline
Ford Truck Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 75
Default Re: shocks F/S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001xlt4d View Post
by looking at your avatar, it looks like you got a F'ed up blue ranger...
cant really tell...
I guess you can't tell by the pic. I do have the torsion bar front and the shocks will not work. for one, they are too short for the ride height as the torsion bar type rangers sit way higher than the coil spring trucks.
__________________
A Ranger owner's worse nightmare
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
what shocks should i get rangerwheelinmike Lifted Suspension 3 06-28-2012 11:28 AM
do I need new shocks? fyamoahaxracer Lifted Suspension 8 04-06-2010 04:21 PM
New Shocks? 2007BlackFX4 Lifted Suspension 9 02-03-2010 10:22 PM
xlt shocks vs edge shocks justintherider Suspension Tech 10 01-20-2010 06:33 PM
Rear air shocks vs. gas shocks? 94_Ranger Suspension Tech 2 02-16-2009 04:53 PM