Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #61  
Old 08-09-2013, 11:47 PM
IDM IDM is offline
Possible 331 build?
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudstomper99 View Post
That's pretty impressive for a year
Thanks man
__________________
1996 Ranger XLT | 2.3L 5 speed | 6/6 dropped | Nittos on Terminators

2000 Explorer XLT | 5.0L AOD | Sold

1993 Ranger XLT | 302 swapped. | 5/4 dropped. | Sold
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 08-10-2013, 09:43 AM
black 06 ranger black 06 ranger is offline
can it get any better!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RamblinRanger View Post
A weightlifting thread!! Yes!! I have been lifting weights for years now but around April I pulled a muscle in my chest and I haven't worked out since. The littlest things hurt the muscle so it's taking a while to recover, having a job doing manual labor didn't help lol. Not working out because you don't have the drive is one thing, but not being able to do something you love because you hurt yourself doing it sucks.

Thats the damn truth. I lost alott of muscle waiting. Good news is muscle memory. I've finally started up again and should get it back fairly quick.
__________________
2006 Ranger. 2.3l 5 speed
Air box mod and throttle cable mod.
Tri-fold tonneau cover. VHT taillights. Tinted corner lights.
fog lights.black headlights.
LED driving lights, dome, 3rd breaklight, LED tailgate light bar and LED foot wells. LED tails.
4.10 stock gears[/COLOR]

My Build:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ger-build.html
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 08-10-2013, 09:46 AM
texasranger3.0 texasranger3.0 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 25
Default

Nice thread !!!

Any other certified personal trainers here?!
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:40 AM
WyldeChild WyldeChild is offline
Religion sucks
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,335
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

I've been lifting for 10+ years. I started in high school when I was about 145lbs. I played soccer (on a team that won state 3 out of the 4 years I was there), and the coach was always on our ass about bulking up a bit.

Then I went off to college, I started actually focusing on gaining size and strength. I found myself lifting with a great group of guys who knew what they were doing. Got up to around 220lbs in college (i'm about 6 feet tall). Was benching around 350, squatting 5 bills, shoulder pressing 200 or so pounds.

Then I graduated college in 09 and have been off and on since. I used to lift 6 days a week...now its down to 3-4. Young guys...take the chance to lift now while you can. You think you're busy now...just wait til you get older. Job, family, house, other priorities.

Motivation starts now. All you guys who say "I want to get back into it," well....do it! Time goes by fast, and if you don't drag yourself in there it will never happen. Then you'll always be one of those fat, weak guys always saying "I want to get back into it." LOL

As for supplements...I take Gold Standard 100% whey. Best protein on the market IMO. And I've tried a lot. I also take Muscletech Celltech creatine off and on. I love this stuff and helps me quite a bit.

I'm about 215lbs now.

Best pic I could find LOL. Was faded in Vegas haha

__________________
2005 XLT Ranger
4.0, 5spd, 4x4, 3" BL, 15x8 MB 72's, 33x12.50 Goodyear Duratracs, 10% Tint all around, Panasonic Deck, 2 12" Alpine Type E's, Kenwood Amp, FX4 Shifter with knob, Silver Husky Low Pro Box, Color matched Topper with Yakima Racks, XCAL 2 w/ La Sota 91 performance tune, dual exhaust with Flo Pro Super V muffler, Manik Brush Guard, Uniden PC78Elite CB, 4 foot firestick, Airbox mod, Throttle cable mod
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:43 AM
black 06 ranger black 06 ranger is offline
can it get any better!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

GUNS!!! Lol.
__________________
2006 Ranger. 2.3l 5 speed
Air box mod and throttle cable mod.
Tri-fold tonneau cover. VHT taillights. Tinted corner lights.
fog lights.black headlights.
LED driving lights, dome, 3rd breaklight, LED tailgate light bar and LED foot wells. LED tails.
4.10 stock gears[/COLOR]

My Build:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ger-build.html
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 08-10-2013, 04:30 PM
Mudstomper99 Mudstomper99 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black 06 ranger View Post
GUNS!!! Lol.
Lol x2
__________________
1995 Rclb 2.3 4x4
06 mirrors 06 tails
SAS leaf spring dana 30
33x1250 duratracs on 15x10 dwindows
5% tint all around. New paint coming this fall
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 08-11-2013, 12:07 PM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
x2 on that one!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillard77 View Post
Hell no you queers! Lol. Haha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-redranger96 View Post
Lmao....I'm not queer. Now if I asked another woman for a pic then that might make me a lesbian but I am married so I'm all for the male body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil-redranger96 View Post
Well ty for the pics....
lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrrrr1994 View Post
Used to lift going back prob 1 and a half ago but that ended up stopping. I'm 16 a half now lol, but I'm starting to actually get serious about buildin some muscle. I have a small, strong frame at 5'5 200lbs. I'm interested in starting on some protein I'm just wondering what everyone thinks I should take?
compare the calorie content in each protein source. i've watched guys take the high calorie stuff & just get fat lol (of course if you really work your ass off, then prolly no biggei lol)

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldeChild View Post
I've been lifting for 10+ years. I started in high school when I was about 145lbs. I played soccer (on a team that won state 3 out of the 4 years I was there), and the coach was always on our ass about bulking up a bit.

Then I went off to college, I started actually focusing on gaining size and strength. I found myself lifting with a great group of guys who knew what they were doing. Got up to around 220lbs in college (i'm about 6 feet tall). Was benching around 350, squatting 5 bills, shoulder pressing 200 or so pounds.

Then I graduated college in 09 and have been off and on since. I used to lift 6 days a week...now its down to 3-4. Young guys...take the chance to lift now while you can. You think you're busy now...just wait til you get older. Job, family, house, other priorities.

Motivation starts now. All you guys who say "I want to get back into it," well....do it! Time goes by fast, and if you don't drag yourself in there it will never happen. Then you'll always be one of those fat, weak guys always saying "I want to get back into it." LOL

As for supplements...I take Gold Standard 100% whey. Best protein on the market IMO. And I've tried a lot. I also take Muscletech Celltech creatine off and on. I love this stuff and helps me quite a bit.

I'm about 215lbs now.

Best pic I could find LOL. Was faded in Vegas haha
now that's a great fucking post^^^ that's what it's about!


guys, get off your pansy asses & fucking lift before you are just a pile of shit past your prime. it's a lot easier to keep your muscle if you already have it ... plus everything is better when you're in shape.
do you wanna be able to fuck for a hour & not give up before you blow your 2nd load? then get in shape lol

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01RamblinRanger View Post
A weightlifting thread!! Yes!! I have been lifting weights for years now but around April I pulled a muscle in my chest and I haven't worked out since. The littlest things hurt the muscle so it's taking a while to recover, having a job doing manual labor didn't help lol. Not working out because you don't have the drive is one thing, but not being able to do something you love because you hurt yourself doing it sucks.
lol yeah, i'm constantly recovering from stupid injuries from work - sucks lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by black 06 ranger View Post
Thats the damn truth. I lost alott of muscle waiting. Good news is muscle memory. I've finally started up again and should get it back fairly quick.
good luck man, hope it heals right
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 08-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Mudstomper99 Mudstomper99 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 774
Default

After a while of lifting I have hit a wall I knew was coming I'm going to look into creatines to help me bump up some more weight. I have also lost 3-4 pounds which is not what I want to see -__-

More food it is
__________________
1995 Rclb 2.3 4x4
06 mirrors 06 tails
SAS leaf spring dana 30
33x1250 duratracs on 15x10 dwindows
5% tint all around. New paint coming this fall
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 08-11-2013, 03:29 PM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudstomper99 View Post
After a while of lifting I have hit a wall I knew was coming I'm going to look into creatines to help me bump up some more weight. I have also lost 3-4 pounds which is not what I want to see -__-

More food it is
lol! i had to quit worrying about the number on the plates, cause my joints hate me for maxing ... it's all about continuing to do it now.

but if i lost a few pounds (of fat lol) that would be fine with me lol! fewer pounds to lug around.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 08-11-2013, 03:33 PM
Mudstomper99 Mudstomper99 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 774
Default

I'm just trying to pack on the most possible muscle mass in the next 50 days at this point so seeing my numbers stop and weight go down ten days into it just a downer
__________________
1995 Rclb 2.3 4x4
06 mirrors 06 tails
SAS leaf spring dana 30
33x1250 duratracs on 15x10 dwindows
5% tint all around. New paint coming this fall
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 08-11-2013, 05:56 PM
black 06 ranger black 06 ranger is offline
can it get any better!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudstomper99 View Post
I'm just trying to pack on the most possible muscle mass in the next 50 days at this point so seeing my numbers stop and weight go down ten days into it just a downer

When I hit the wall back in the day I'd swich up how I lifted. Meaning less weight more reps. Try to target a different workout that works the muscles around the area your stuck at. Most of all don't stress about it. Also I do a burnout session and really tear down that area. Sometimes that helped me.


Oh the muscle weight you said you lost will come back quicker then it took to build it. I've been on a diet for 3 yrs and working out as well. Problem is after I hurt the wrist and have been waiting for it to heal my diet went into over drive! Meaning I was loosing fat and muscle. Hit my weight loss goal but still losing weight lol.

Started out at 298lbs and this morning I'm at 191.5 lbs. My wrist is healed up and started lifting again. Less weight more reps! My plan is to get up to 215 with muscle.
__________________
2006 Ranger. 2.3l 5 speed
Air box mod and throttle cable mod.
Tri-fold tonneau cover. VHT taillights. Tinted corner lights.
fog lights.black headlights.
LED driving lights, dome, 3rd breaklight, LED tailgate light bar and LED foot wells. LED tails.
4.10 stock gears[/COLOR]

My Build:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ger-build.html
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 08-12-2013, 06:50 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

congrats on the fat-loss program^^ i know it's a bitch. takes a toll, especially if you're injured.

i went from 246 down to 199 in the last few years, then injury came & i'm at 215 lol (i could loose another 20lbs of fat lol)
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 AM
black 06 ranger black 06 ranger is offline
can it get any better!
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
congrats on the fat-loss program^^ i know it's a bitch. takes a toll, especially if you're injured.

i went from 246 down to 199 in the last few years, then injury came & i'm at 215 lol (i could loose another 20lbs of fat lol)
Congrats! I used a weight loss pill to help me out. oxy elite pro. Stuff is amazing! Gives you a ton of energy and has a thermogenic and it heat up your core. Take it for 2 months then off it for a month cycle. Shoot me a pm if u want more info on it. Hope your injury heals soon.
__________________
2006 Ranger. 2.3l 5 speed
Air box mod and throttle cable mod.
Tri-fold tonneau cover. VHT taillights. Tinted corner lights.
fog lights.black headlights.
LED driving lights, dome, 3rd breaklight, LED tailgate light bar and LED foot wells. LED tails.
4.10 stock gears[/COLOR]

My Build:

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/proje...ger-build.html
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 08-12-2013, 08:14 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,965
Default Re: Anyone into body building?

thanks man! i was just doing daily cardio + a regular lifting routine weekday mornings & cardio on the weekends too if i could lol... and diet the best i could... that's my real problem. eating too much. it wouldn't be a problem if i could lift like i did when i was 21 haha
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 08-13-2013, 08:53 AM
rangerrrrr1994 rangerrrrr1994 is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 350
Default

Starting taking whey protein today right after my lift
__________________
1994 Ford Ranger Ext. Cab
Bone Stock
4.0 5 speed 164,000
vroooom vrooooom
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
J.T.'s Ranger Building J.T. Project Logs 6 09-08-2013 07:22 PM
Building 2.3 from scratch KnuckleBeast 4-Cylinder Tech 16 05-08-2013 06:30 PM
building a muffler??? rangerman1 Exhaust and Mufflers 0 12-18-2012 07:36 AM
Help building 2.3L Lking15 4-Cylinder Tech 1 07-17-2012 04:45 PM
HELP!!! Building a sub box Stringer Audio / Video 4 09-20-2010 10:01 AM