Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 02-24-2013, 07:49 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default 2013 Daytona 500....

After seeing the race and being disappointed yet again, this was my last NASCAR race that I will be watching. The way the announcers behaved over Danica Patrick (blah), you'd think that there wasn't anyone else racing. The #48 won the race while his teamate #88 Dale Jr, managed a second place finish. I'm calling it quits as far as NASCAR goes.
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:04 PM
OhioMike OhioMike is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,761
Default Re: 2013 Daytona 500....

I didn't watch it because it isn't my thing, but she did make history being the only female in racing. I'm sure people said the same thing about blacks, like Jackie Robinson, when he entered MLB. Everytime he reached the plate, announcers or fans probably wanted a homer.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2013, 10:22 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post
After seeing the race and being disappointed yet again, this was my last NASCAR race that I will be watching. The way the announcers behaved over Danica Patrick (blah), you'd think that there wasn't anyone else racing. The #48 won the race while his teamate #88 Dale Jr, managed a second place finish. I'm calling it quits as far as NASCAR goes.
This is exactly how I feel...plus the way the cars are set up now, the "pack" racing is so f***ing boring
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:41 PM
knightmare1015 knightmare1015 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,010
Default Re: 2013 Daytona 500....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifthranger View Post
I didn't watch it because it isn't my thing, but she did make history being the only female in racing. I'm sure people said the same thing about blacks, like Jackie Robinson, when he entered MLB. Everytime he reached the plate, announcers or fans probably wanted a homer.
She's NOT the only female in NASCAR. Johanna Long is in the Camping World Truck series and there's 2 more women in the Arca Remax series. And they all have 10 times more seat time and are alot better behind the wheel than Danica Patrick could ever hope to be. But other than that you're right. They wanted her to win that race and every race afterwards. That's what burns me up about it. They hype and build her up like no one else. And the worse thing is that if she doesn't get her way or if something goes wrong, then break out the crying towel because that's all she does. She never blames herself for things going wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4thot View Post
This is exactly how I feel...plus the way the cars are set up now, the "pack" racing is so f***ing boring
Yep. Plus my driver never really recovered from his 2010 second place finish to Tony Stewart. In fact he crashed 5 times in less than a week. We ought to change his name from Carl Edwards to "Crash Edwards".
__________________
SOLD: 2004 Ford Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 5 speed



www.knightmare1015.blogspot.com

Last edited by knightmare1015; 02-25-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:47 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightmare1015 View Post

Yep. Plus my driver never really recovered from his 2010 second place finish to Tony Stewart. IN fact he crashed 5 times in less than a week. We ought to change his name from Carl Edwards to "Crash Edwards".
yup, and he's from my town!! They make such a big deal about him here at the ford dealerships!! He's even in the tv commercials here
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 PM
bigfisher bigfisher is offline
Mustang Owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 14,054
Default

Johanna Long? Never heard of her or the other female drivers. I don't get why people get so worked up over a race or announcers.

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be

----------

She a newer name in the Nascar spotlight and well know in Indy car racing.

Sent from my iPhone 5 so I can tell you to search wherever I may be
__________________
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
SR X-pipe | Roush Axleback | CJ Springs
2013 F150 FX4 5.0 - Sold
1998 Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 5spd - Sold
2001 Mustang Bullitt - Sold
2005 Level II - Sold
2001 Integra GSR - Sold
1999 XLT - May 2013 TOTM - Totaled

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004 fx4 level II
fuckin Nissan shhhiitttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-25-2013, 12:16 PM
dvrich dvrich is offline
Lifetime DAV Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,438
Default Re: 2013 Daytona 500....

Only 2 woman drivers have ever made it to Winston, Nextel, or Sprint Cup.........Danica Patrick and Jeff Gordon.
__________________
2014 Ford F150 4x4 Supercab 5.0 STX 9500 miles 18 mpg overall
2015 Ford F150 4x2 Supercab 3.5 TIVCT 13,500 miles 21 mpg overall
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RangerFest 2013 01RangerEdge Midwestern Region 325 02-15-2014 10:26 PM
2013 Ranger Clint02 Laugh Factory 4 08-29-2012 07:20 AM
Daytona 500 IrideAHonda Sports 42 03-09-2012 05:53 PM
2013 ford fusion Finn611 Off Topic 7 01-10-2012 08:43 AM
Daytona IrideAHonda Sports 15 07-06-2011 11:44 PM