Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #61  
Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: *** the official fishing thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94mtx View Post
My biggest catch - gulf of mexico

60lb amberjack
Nice man! I bet that was fun to pull in!


This is my largest catch. Caught this on Lake Michigan a couple weeks ago, first time ever big lake trolling. 13 pound King Salmon.











__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 09-07-2012, 01:28 PM
94mtx 94mtx is offline
;p
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,688
Default Re: *** the official fishing thread***

Yeah it was Patrick; Amberjack is a hell of a fight... They swim strait down when they get hooked and try to wrap your line around rocks.

Took me about 30 minutes to pull in.
__________________
2000 Ford Ranger XL 2.5L 5-speed RWD 3.73 open - 170,000+ miles
Buggman LED 3BL/CARGO, Buggman Stang Dome LED conversion, LED Brake Light conversion, Line-X O.T.R., Air silencer removed
2.3L Headgasket/TIMING/Water Pump replacement guide
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-09-2012, 05:48 AM
joedaddyhenderson joedaddyhenderson is offline
Like the Forums
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 35
Default

Here's one from Panama City Fl. I caught this one in 4ft bay water, 12 lb fluorocarbon. I waded out to my spot, it's an old ice dock back in the 50s. Of course, it's just rocks now.

image-3555197696.jpg
__________________
92 Xlt 5 sp. modified exhaust and a lot of TLC
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-09-2012, 06:49 AM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddyhenderson
Here's one from Panama City Fl. I caught this one in 4ft bay water, 12 lb fluorocarbon. I waded out to my spot, it's an old ice dock back in the 50s. Of course, it's just rocks now.
Nice fish!

Sent from my iPhone 4S using FRF App
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-09-2012, 07:54 AM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: *** the official fishing thread***

These are some pics from last September. Wife wanted to go fishing for our anniversary. Id say she's a keeper!






__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:18 PM
ClemsonRanguh ClemsonRanguh is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Über bump for fishing! Caught some cats on jugs last weekend in a small pond. Caught a 50 lb flathead couple years back, gotta beat it this year!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1549688783.jpg (48.1 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg image-4252447077.jpg (77.7 KB, 18 views)
__________________
'97 2.3 L 4 cyl. 309K miles, Reg cab. Alpine HU, Kenwood KAC 728s amp, Kicker L3 10 w/ 6x8's, 31-10.50 Mud Kings w/ '94 Jeep YJ Rims
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:20 PM
ClemsonRanguh ClemsonRanguh is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonRanguh View Post
Über bump for fishing! Caught some cats on jugs last weekend in a small pond. Caught a 50 lb flathead couple years back, gotta beat it this year!
To add on fishing tips, caught them on chicken livers in pantyhose pouches. I Mainly catch cats on fresh cut bream and live bream in rivers
__________________
'97 2.3 L 4 cyl. 309K miles, Reg cab. Alpine HU, Kenwood KAC 728s amp, Kicker L3 10 w/ 6x8's, 31-10.50 Mud Kings w/ '94 Jeep YJ Rims
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:24 PM
RangerSport4x2 RangerSport4x2 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonRanguh View Post

To add on fishing tips, caught them on chicken livers in pantyhose pouches. I Mainly catch cats on fresh cut bream and live bream in rivers
Good to know, there is a shit ton of Cats under my boat dock. Usually can get about 15-20 of small ones in an hour or so but if I'm going to catch them it'd be nice to get some big ones.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT
2016 370Z
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:50 PM
ClemsonRanguh ClemsonRanguh is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSport4x2 View Post

Good to know, there is a shit ton of Cats under my boat dock. Usually can get about 15-20 of small ones in an hour or so but if I'm going to catch them it'd be nice to get some big ones.
Those are the bet eatin' size though! Hah. Yea big cats IMO bite bigger cuts of live bait and small live bait/bream/whatever
__________________
'97 2.3 L 4 cyl. 309K miles, Reg cab. Alpine HU, Kenwood KAC 728s amp, Kicker L3 10 w/ 6x8's, 31-10.50 Mud Kings w/ '94 Jeep YJ Rims
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-28-2013, 08:06 PM
RangerSport4x2 RangerSport4x2 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,669
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonRanguh View Post

Those are the bet eatin' size though! Hah. Yea big cats IMO bite bigger cuts of live bait and small live bait/bream/whatever
I have a pond on one side of my house that I get a good amount off bass on, and I've only really fresh water fished my whole life. Gonna venture over to the river side (brackish) and start fishin there more. Besides the catfish I've got my neighbors have told me they've got some reds there too. Gotta try some new types of bait.
__________________
2016 Mustang GT
2016 370Z
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-29-2013, 05:27 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: *** the official fishing thread***

the catfish around here are crazy lol
i've caught pond cats on most everything. i caught one on a throw-line with just a rubber worm with nothing else lol (no scent, no dip or stink, nothin).
i caught one with a turtle head. that's right, the head of a turtle (the turtle hooked itself, i drug it in, i chopped it's head off, i left it on there & threw it back out haha!)

lets see... i believe i used a locust (the big fat loud vibrating ones), a wasps nest, a pear core, and just about every bass/crappie/perch lure that i typically use for angling lol

----------

oh yeah, the best bait i ever used for cats is homemade stinkbait! it's made with a few calf brains, a few pounds of cheddar cheese, a cup of Dawn dish soap, a little milk or water if the brains aren't liquidy enough, and cattails (after they start to come apart, they help the bait stay on the sponge or whatever you are forcing it into)

put it all in a 5gallon bucket with a lid & leave it outside in the summer heat to liquify & stir occasionally lol

the longer you leave it, the better it stanks!
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:35 AM
ClemsonRanguh ClemsonRanguh is offline
Ford Tough
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmcclure View Post
the catfish around here are crazy lol
i've caught pond cats on most everything. i caught one on a throw-line with just a rubber worm with nothing else lol (no scent, no dip or stink, nothin).
i caught one with a turtle head. that's right, the head of a turtle (the turtle hooked itself, i drug it in, i chopped it's head off, i left it on there & threw it back out haha!)

lets see... i believe i used a locust (the big fat loud vibrating ones), a wasps nest, a pear core, and just about every bass/crappie/perch lure that i typically use for angling lol

----------

oh yeah, the best bait i ever used for cats is homemade stinkbait! it's made with a few calf brains, a few pounds of cheddar cheese, a cup of Dawn dish soap, a little milk or water if the brains aren't liquidy enough, and cattails (after they start to come apart, they help the bait stay on the sponge or whatever you are forcing it into)

put it all in a 5gallon bucket with a lid & leave it outside in the summer heat to liquify & stir occasionally lol

the longer you leave it, the better it stanks!
Man I bet that is some raunchy bait lol
__________________
'97 2.3 L 4 cyl. 309K miles, Reg cab. Alpine HU, Kenwood KAC 728s amp, Kicker L3 10 w/ 6x8's, 31-10.50 Mud Kings w/ '94 Jeep YJ Rims
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 AM
RoberticusMaximus RoberticusMaximus is offline
<<< Husky the High Dog!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: *** the official fishing thread***

before my brother had ever smelled it, he said 'hey lemme smell', and i obliged him lol! i though he'd pass out for sure lolol

----------

oh yeah, forgot to mention, the dish soap disperses the scent in the water rapidly, so if you don't get a bite in about 5 minutes then you prolly oughta reel in & dip your sponge or holder again. in ponds, you catch 5 cats in 10 minutes with it, & then nothin. i think it;s cause the scent is everywhere after a few minutes & they get overwhelmed...

now in rivers, it's an all day thing lol - those fish will swim upstream like banshees after that smell
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Pats8092 Pats8092 is offline
Ford Pickup
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 114
Default

Got this striper on cape cod. ~30 lbs, 41 inches



image-445105374.jpg



image-2943322465.jpg
__________________
2011 XLT 4.0 4x4 Auto
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 05-29-2013, 09:31 AM
TBarr TBarr is offline
Light Up
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,854
Default

View from the float tube last night. Had a really nice brown on but it got off right before I could reach it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1361553288.jpg (48.0 KB, 17 views)
__________________
2004 Step-side xlt4x4 4.0L 5-speed
Build Thread
37-14.5-15 Toyo M/T, 3 inch body liftProjected HID's, smoked tails, LED '06 corners, LED tails, LED back up lights
Intake, Chip, Straight Piped
Black interior with silver accents, LED Gauges, '04 Fx4 buckets, '99 expo full length console, Hurst Shifter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Official Flex Thread Demon-FX4 Vehicle Snapshots 818 06-08-2017 09:38 AM
The Official Happy Thread DrIftKi7Vg Off Topic 277 09-17-2011 01:47 PM
Official comedian thread southbama man Laugh Factory 20 07-20-2011 09:37 PM
Official Ink Thread 99RangerAlfredo Off Topic 58 12-21-2010 09:25 AM
Official Repo Thread! Ranger01 Off Topic 12 11-15-2010 07:09 AM