Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

View Poll Results: Political section.
Yes 5 17.24%
No 24 82.76%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 03-28-2011, 04:54 PM
pooleo pooleo is offline
Ban Survivor. (x2)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,764
Default How about a political section...?

As the title says. How about a section of the forum to discuss political topics...?

I lke it!
__________________
1999 | Ext. Cab | 4.0 | 4x4 | 4.10's
Quote:
A Gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Each time he enters the arena, he slips his c0ck in the mouth of the beast, and prays to thrust home before the jaws snap shut. - Oenomaus
Ball Joints/Upper A-Arms How To
Replace Door pin/bushing
Repair broken dome light tabs
VIDEO OHC Install
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-28-2011, 04:57 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: How about a political section...?

I personally think its not a good thing, I come on here to get away from the world.
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
STL STL is offline
...............

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 23,398
Default Re: How about a political section...?

I have seen it turn pretty ugly on another ranger site.
__________________
2005 Edge

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:01 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: How about a political section...?

Politics ruin friendships.
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:02 PM
DHEM DHEM is offline
Resident Red
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,003
Default Re: How about a political section...?

It will just turn into a shit throwing contest in a day, I say no.
__________________
'05 2wd Ranger xl with the 3.0

MODS-Alpine head unit, throttle cable mod, Black Rock wheels, FX4 lvl II axle swap, pooleo's camo painted bezel and mustang dome, painted/aftermarket headlights/tails fold-a-cover and over 100 hp in stickers
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: How about a political section...?

eh, sensitive subject to some people, it would be like having a religion section.... lets just keep this forum as neutral as posibble.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:04 PM
DieHard4rd DieHard4rd is offline
The Old Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,824
Default Re: How about a political section...?

I say no.. Just asking for trouble.
__________________
www.1fun4rd.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:10 PM
bugz1racing bugz1racing is offline
That sums it up!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,198
Default Re: How about a political section...?

Personally I don't like the idea but it isn't up to me.
__________________
1999 XLT 4X4 4.0 Auto
3" BL, T-bar crank, 6400 shackles & 33" BFG AT KO's
More mods to come...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:12 PM
DangerRanger2000 DangerRanger2000 is offline
Twist It Back!
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 772
Default Re: How about a political section...?

I say no too, as DiabloBlanco said i also come here to get away from the world. Its a Ranger forum not a political forum, i would hate to see it turned away from that.
__________________
2000 XLT 4x4 EXT. CAB 4.0/Auto Trans/3.73 gears/
31x10.50 BFG Rugged Terrains on MB Motoring Wheels/Pioneer Head Unit/JBL 12"/Camo Interior/'03 black and grey 60/40 seats/ green LED's Under Dash/T-Bar Crank/Windows-20% on the front, 5% on the back/Mustang Dome Light/06 Tails/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Decepticon Decepticon is offline
Black & Orange
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: How about a political section...?

will turn into 98% people not knowing their facts and 2% of people that actually do their homework but have no effect because the other 98% is ignorant
__________________
1999 Ranger XLT V6 4.0 Orange
EXTERIOR:
- Black signals & Corners (not tinted) | Clear Headlights | silverstar Ultra Bulbs | Black Taillight covers | Painted Black Grille/Valance | Painted black top step on rear bumper | Painted black exhuast & aftermarket Tip | Painted black emblems | Black toolbox | Decepticon Ford badges | 20% tint

INTERIOR:
- JVC Head unit | 4 Kicker door speakers | LED white floor lights |
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Rango88 Rango88 is offline
N/A
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9,031
Default Re: How about a political section...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
will turn into 98% people not knowing their facts and 2% of people that actually do their homework but have no effect because the other 98% is ignorant
x2 LOL
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:19 PM
FireRanger FireRanger is offline
Blinded by the light
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7,674
Send a message via AIM to FireRanger
Default Re: How about a political section...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
Politics ruin friendships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHEM View Post
It will just turn into a shit throwing contest in a day, I say no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
eh, sensitive subject to some people, it would be like having a religion section.... lets just keep this forum as neutral as posibble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard4rd View Post
I say no.. Just asking for trouble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerRanger2000 View Post
I say no too, as DiabloBlanco said i also come here to get away from the world. Its a Ranger forum not a political forum, i would hate to see it turned away from that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
will turn into 98% people not knowing their facts and 2% of people that actually do their homework but have no effect because the other 98% is ignorant

x100

I spent 5 years of my life moderating -another ranger forum- that had a politics and a religion section. Horrible horrible horrible idea. It does nothing but create enemies and ruin an otherwise peaceful and cool atmosphere.
__________________
(Formerly)
FireRanger
2003 Edge 4.0 4wd

How to: Aux light wiring, relays, & fuses
Info: 300+ intake threads here on FRF
Info: HID Projectors
How To: NO HEAT Troubleshooting Guide
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default Re: How about a political section...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL View Post
I have seen it turn pretty ugly on another ranger site.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco View Post
Politics ruin friendships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHEM View Post
It will just turn into a shit throwing contest in a day, I say no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowd88 View Post
eh, sensitive subject to some people, it would be like having a religion section.... lets just keep this forum as neutral as posibble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard4rd View Post
I say no.. Just asking for trouble.

this X1000. i say no way, politics is a sensitive subject to many and things get heated and out of hand quickly. the occasional political topic here in the OT section is one thing but an entire section devoted to it is a bad idea. it would be a pain to moderate to say the least. in fact some forums im on prohibit political/ religious toned topics because of it.
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Decepticon Decepticon is offline
Black & Orange
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 441
Default Re: How about a political section...?

Yeah, dont get me wrong, i love current issues and politics, I actually follow them avidly, like some others on here im sure. But lets be honest most people dont. And then you get the truth versus the "truth" ("what they heard from that guy").
__________________
1999 Ranger XLT V6 4.0 Orange
EXTERIOR:
- Black signals & Corners (not tinted) | Clear Headlights | silverstar Ultra Bulbs | Black Taillight covers | Painted Black Grille/Valance | Painted black top step on rear bumper | Painted black exhuast & aftermarket Tip | Painted black emblems | Black toolbox | Decepticon Ford badges | 20% tint

INTERIOR:
- JVC Head unit | 4 Kicker door speakers | LED white floor lights |
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-28-2011, 05:25 PM
DiabloBlanco DiabloBlanco is offline
Get Lifted.
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,402
Default Re: How about a political section...?

the chasm between what we are told and whats really happening is huge
__________________
YZ the way to be!
The Brotherhood!

Mods to come: Camburg entry 6.0 system. FiberwerkX Fenders and bedsides. Tube bumper.
R.I.P. Jeff Ashton. 1992-2011
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Political Ads TurdFX4 Off Topic 8 10-28-2010 08:37 PM
political dis-likes should get a stir azgilamonster Off Topic 59 10-07-2010 12:56 PM
why is there no lowered section? 813_lowered_EDGE Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 10 04-08-2010 08:06 PM
New Section RoadDotWarrior Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions 4 05-13-2009 02:22 PM