Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:14 AM
2010 2010 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,196
Default Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

Who in here moves the threads?? I post something, and then check later and its buried somewhere.... Why do that?? Its getting complicated trying to think what you guys think is the appropiote forum and then I can no longer find it....
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:16 AM
DieHard4rd DieHard4rd is offline
The Old Guy
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,824
Default Re: Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

Probably because you post in the wrong section.

Like this post should have been in off topic.
__________________
www.1fun4rd.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:20 AM
dixie_boysles dixie_boysles is offline
5.Oh All the way

 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 6,581
Send a message via Yahoo to dixie_boysles
Default Re: Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

The admin and mods move it. Put it n the right section the first time and it wont get moved. Also see the navigation bar? there is something that says "My Posts". beside it is a drop down arrow. click that and you have three options:
  • My Threads--> Takes you to Threads you started
  • My Posts--> Takes you to threads that you have posted in
  • Threads I posted In--> Takes you to threads you have posted in



The forum is separated into sections to make it easy to find things. That way if other people have similar questions or answers, they can find a thread easily. Also the threads in each section will be ordered by most recent activity (correct me mods if i am wrong)

Not everything is "General Ford Ranger discussion". If you are talking about wheels or tires, put it in the "Wheels and Tires" Section, If you are selling something, put it in the classifieds section and so on. just trying to help ya out.

Also get to know the Admin and Moderators. They are all friendly and just doing their jobs.

Our site owner and Administrator is :

Tom

Our Moderators are:

STL (Myke)
RangerJustin (Justin)
Alon (Alon)
01_ranger_4x4 (Patrick)

you will see a "Moderator" badge beside their username

(sorry if ive missed any)
__________________
2014 F150 SuperCrew XLT 4x4
275/65/17 Falken Wildpeak AT3W | Shorty Antenna | Tinted Windows | ProClip Phone Mount |5.0 v8 |Tow Package | Oxford White


Sold/Totaled: 2006 Ranger XLT 2D SuperCap 4x4 Torch Red
15x8 Pacer 164P Polished Wheels | 31x10.50 BFG ATs | Level II Tow Hooks | FX4 Red Insert Seats
Tinted Windows | 6000K HIDs | Kobalt Low Profile Toolbox | Pioneer Speakers

Last edited by dixie_boysles; 10-20-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:55 AM
Tom Tom is offline
Ranger Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,829
Default Re: Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 View Post
Who in here moves the threads?? I post something, and then check later and its buried somewhere.... Why do that?? Its getting complicated trying to think what you guys think is the appropiote forum and then I can no longer find it....
That would be yours truly.

I understand that you may find it more convenient to simply post all of your tech questions in the general discussion forum that has a description stating not to post your tech questions inside here. However, posting in the wrong section is an inconvenience to the majority of us here, and consequently you will likely receive less help as incorrectly posted threads require more effort to diagnosis and knowledgeable users may skip over your thread as opposed to putting in that extra effort. So by moving the threads we are actually helping you.

Please spend the extra time reading the forum descriptions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHard4rd View Post
Probably because you post in the wrong section.

Like this post should have been in off topic.
Actually it should be in the site comments/questions as the OP is asking a question about site operations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixie_boysles View Post
The admin and mods move it. Put it n the right section the first time and it wont get moved. Also see the navigation bar? there is something that says "My Posts". beside it is a drop down arrow. click that and you have three options:
  • My Threads--> Takes you to Threads you started
  • My Posts--> Takes you to threads that you have posted in
  • Threads I posted In--> Takes you to threads you have posted in



The forum is separated into sections to make it easy to find things. That way if other people have similar questions or answers, they can find a thread easily. Also the threads in each section will be ordered by most recent activity (correct me mods if i am wrong)

Not everything is "General Ford Ranger discussion". If you are talking about wheels or tires, put it in the "Wheels and Tires" Section, If you are selling something, put it in the classifieds section and so on. just trying to help ya out.

Also get to know the Admin and Moderators. They are all friendly and just doing their jobs.

Our site owner and Administrator is :

Tom

Our Moderators are:

STL (Myke)
RangerJustin (Justin)
Alon (Alon)
01_ranger_4x4 (Patrick)

you will see a "Moderator" badge beside their username

(sorry if ive missed any)
Excellent post Scotty.
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2WD on 32x11.50R15s
-3" Doetsch Spindle Lift


Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-20-2010, 10:56 AM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

anyone know where the post your picture thread went?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-20-2010, 11:00 AM
Tom Tom is offline
Ranger Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 6,829
Default Re: Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004xlmiller View Post
anyone know where the post your picture thread went?
I found it by using this search phrase: post your picture

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-t...r-picture.html
__________________
2006 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 2WD on 32x11.50R15s
-3" Doetsch Spindle Lift


Using the forum:
How to Post on the Forum
Creating a signature (do this before asking any questions)
Upload an Avatar (image of your Ranger)
How to Post Pictures on the Forum
Switch the site layout: Light Theme or Dark Theme

Things to do:
Participate in Truck of the Month
Participate in the Ranger Photo Contest
Participate in the Non-Automotive Photo Contest
Become a Site Contributor
Shop at the FordRangerForum.com Store
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Who moves the threads?? Hard to come back and find arrrrgggh!!

^^thanks tom.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shifter loose and hard to find gears TransAmFSAS Drivetrain Tech 8 12-10-2012 06:56 PM
Why is it so hard to find a manual ranger.. More_Cowbell General Ford Ranger Discussion 6 08-25-2010 07:15 PM
For those hard to find automotive items... sgtsandman Laugh Factory 10 05-08-2010 06:25 PM
for your hard to find auto parts 4banger83 Laugh Factory 3 02-13-2010 10:54 AM