Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #886  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:14 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

What is the piece covered in oil?

__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #887  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:21 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
What is the piece covered in oil?
Cv axle if Im not mistaken.
Reply With Quote
  #888  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:23 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

cv axle. Mine leaks too. You just have to take apart a bunch of stuff to get to it which is why I haven't fixed mine yet. Its just another seal that isn't liking the cold
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
  #889  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Could it be causing my noise?
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #890  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Could it be causing my noise?
I doubt it, but I spose its possible.
Reply With Quote
  #891  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Ok. And I went back under and the diff isn't leaking. The oil pan was. It wasn't right at all. So I tightened that and the oil filter was loose. Dripping down causing a little mess. I tightened that to the best of my abilities too.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #892  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:44 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Could it be causing my noise?
No
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
  #893  
Old 02-09-2014, 07:47 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingCanHappen View Post
No
Ahhh. Darn. When I take my truck in to get the tire fixed I'm ganna ask them what they think it is.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #894  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:26 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Ok. And I went back under and the diff isn't leaking. The oil pan was. It wasn't right at all. So I tightened that and the oil filter was loose. Dripping down causing a little mess. I tightened that to the best of my abilities too.
Stop takin it to a shop and you wont have that problem. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #895  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Stop takin it to a shop and you wont have that problem. Lol
I know. :/
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #896  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post

I know. :/
Lol. Thats why Im the only one that works on my vehicles anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #897  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Lol. Thats why Im the only one that works on my vehicles anymore.
Yes but I don't have the knowledge or know-how that you do. Working on my own vehicle would probably be worse than taking it to a shop.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #898  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:48 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post

Yes but I don't have the knowledge or know-how that you do. Working on my own vehicle would probably be worse than taking it to a shop.
Ummm.... How do you think I learned? I didnt have anyone to teach me. I googled how to do something and then tore it apart. Hell I still dont know half as much as some of the guys one here. Up until this past fall, I couldnt even tell the difference between an hei distributor and one with points. Only way to learn is to dive in. And the beauty of the internet is that no matter what kinda problem you run into, theres prolly someone thats already dealt with it. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #899  
Old 02-09-2014, 08:53 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey2011 View Post
Ummm.... How do you think I learned? I didnt have anyone to teach me. I googled how to do something and then tore it apart. Hell I still dont know half as much as some of the guys one here. Up until this past fall, I couldnt even tell the difference between an hei distributor and one with points. Only way to learn is to dive in. And the beauty of the internet is that no matter what kinda problem you run into, theres prolly someone thats already dealt with it. Lol
x2 for my dirt bike but my step dad helps me alot with my truck!
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #900  
Old 02-09-2014, 09:08 PM
Spidey2011 Spidey2011 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,958
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_house102 View Post

x2 for my dirt bike but my step dad helps me alot with my truck!
I started with basically no knowledge at all, and now I can tear down an engine and put it back together in a couple afternoons. Lol. Still need to learn some more about carb tuning, though. Lol
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bitzy, build thread, hand wash

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austins 1991 build "goldy locks" 1991fordranger Project Logs 225 01-09-2014 12:04 PM
Dustin's "John's 4x4" build. DustyXB Project Logs 300 12-30-2013 10:20 PM
Gen 2 "Little Big-Foot" build 1990ranger4x4 Project Logs 6 07-31-2013 03:56 PM
"Fuel prude" build thread edgeman4.0 Off Topic 33 10-20-2012 01:02 AM
How do you replace the Engine coolant overflow "hose." With air conditioning "2.3l" rholder001 4-Cylinder Tech 1 08-02-2011 06:37 AM