Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #481  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:46 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post

What do you mean by that?
Take the filter off and spray the maf sensor cleaner at the maf. Let it dry out and put the filter back on
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
  #482  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:46 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Yep. Sophomore.
you play football? I'm a junior. But I'm
Pretty darn sure I've seen you before. And you sir have a nice ranger. Have you considered a bully bar?
Not my truck in the pic. But it shows how nice your truck would look with one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-1998757958.jpg (58.7 KB, 26 views)
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #483  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:49 PM
ford4thot ford4thot is offline
2019 SSVT Ford 'Maro
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 14,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
you play football? I'm a junior. But I'm
Pretty darn sure I've seen you before. And you sir have a nice ranger. Have you considered a bully bar?
Not my truck in the pic. But it shows how nice your truck would look with one.
-_- did you look at his thread?
Reply With Quote
  #484  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:50 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default

Or undo the blue silicone adapter and the maf sensor and air filter will come out as one in your hand
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
  #485  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:51 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
you play football? I'm a junior. But I'm
Pretty darn sure I've seen you before. And you sir have a nice ranger. Have you considered a bully bar?
Not my truck in the pic. But it shows how nice your truck would look with one.
No football for me. I did play basketball last year though.

Thanks for the compliment. I was debating on a brush guard and a bull bar a couple months back and ended.up with the brush guard.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #486  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:53 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

You've played at Williston right? And That's a nice grill guard. What brand? Have you considered bed rails?
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #487  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingCanHappen View Post
Or undo the blue silicone adapter and the maf sensor and air filter will come out as one in your hand
I see what you and mike mean now. Might give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the help!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
You've played at Williston right? And That's a nice grill guard. What brand? Have you considered bed rails?
Didn't travel there. And thanks its from truckgeardirect.com.

Bed rails won't work because of my tonneau cover extends to far otherwise I probably would have gotten some chrome ones.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #488  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:55 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post

I see what you and mike mean now. Might give it a shot tomorrow. Thanks for the help!
Your doing it the hardest way possible. Also clean the filter while you are at it.
Oh and clean your engine bay too lol
Oh and also clean you icv while you are at it with the same spray
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
  #489  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingCanHappen View Post

Your doing it the hardest way possible. Also clean the filter while you are at it.
Oh and clean your engine bay too lol
Oh and also clean you icv while you are at it with the same spray
Engine bay isn't really dirty. Idk why but the pics make it look terrible.

How would I clean the air filter?
And what is an ivc and how do I clean it? Sorry still a beginner lol!
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #490  
Old 12-07-2013, 10:58 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Didn't travel there. And thanks its from truckgeardirect.com. Bed rails won't work because of my tonneau cover extends to far otherwise I probably would have gotten some chrome ones.
I've seen you somewhere. I can't remember. But anyways. Really? Darn. Dakota diesels shop truck has tonnea cover and bed rails. I'd have to look how they got em attached. But they fit.
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #491  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:00 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post

Engine bay isn't really dirty. Idk why but the pics make it look terrible.

How would I clean the air filter?
And what is an ivc and how do I clean it? Sorry still a beginner lol!
Just take it off and rinse it with soap and water. Then let it dry before putting it back on (put it over heater vent in the house) also icv is idle control valve. Not sure where it is locater on your truck. But its just two bolts for that


Edit. Don't scrub the filter just rinse with soap and water
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
  #492  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
I've seen you somewhere. I can't remember. But anyways. Really? Darn. Dakota diesels shop truck has tonnea cover and bed rails. I'd have to look how they got em attached. But they fit.
Whatever you do, don't get a snap on tonneau. Go with a Velcro or trifold.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #493  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:03 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Whatever you do, don't get a snap on tonneau. Go with a Velcro or trifold.
I wouldn't dare do snap. Lol I got a theory with anything that has snap in the name. Snap on. Break off. I'd do a roll up cover.
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #494  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:04 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnythingCanHappen View Post

Just take it off and rinse it with soap and water. Then let it dry before putting it back on (put it over heater vent in the house) also icv is idle control valve. Not sure where it is locater on your truck. But its just two bolts for that

Edit. Don't scrub the filter just rinse with soap and water
Ok. Thanks for all the help. To remove both the maf and air intake, I just have to remove the two lower clamps on the cai? Correct?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
I wouldn't dare do snap. Lol I got a theory with anything that has snap in the name. Snap on. Break off. I'd do a roll up cover.
That's what I got and I have no complaints about it.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #495  
Old 12-07-2013, 11:06 PM
AnythingCanHappen AnythingCanHappen is offline
and AnythingWillHappen
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,538
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post

Ok. Thanks for all the help. To remove both the maf and air intake, I just have to remove the two lower clamps on the cai? Correct?

----------

That's what I got and I have no complaints about it.
Just one of the band clamps around the blue silicon adapter (flat head screwdriver) just loosen it and slide the maf sensor and air filter out then take the air filter apart from the maf. Be sure to unplug the maf sensor. And separate the two before you clean anything
__________________
2010 Fx4 F150
2003 Ford SVT Cobra
2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Offroad =====SOLD
5.0 V8 with L/S 4.10's and a lot of other crap
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bitzy, build thread, hand wash

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austins 1991 build "goldy locks" 1991fordranger Project Logs 225 01-09-2014 12:04 PM
Dustin's "John's 4x4" build. DustyXB Project Logs 300 12-30-2013 10:20 PM
Gen 2 "Little Big-Foot" build 1990ranger4x4 Project Logs 6 07-31-2013 03:56 PM
"Fuel prude" build thread edgeman4.0 Off Topic 33 10-20-2012 01:02 AM
How do you replace the Engine coolant overflow "hose." With air conditioning "2.3l" rholder001 4-Cylinder Tech 1 08-02-2011 06:37 AM