Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1966  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:26 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
Enough of my truck. Back to bitzys truck. But Ya jaden you can easily get a loan. I'd jump on it quick.
Can't do anything until mine is sold, and its not even out of the shop yet.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan03CO View Post
If you have an established co-signer you will be all set.

In their mind it's like they are borrowing him the money instead.
That's pretty much what my dad said when I asked him.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1967  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:40 PM
03DJ 03DJ is offline
Ford lover
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 7,058
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Looks nice. An 02 4.0 4x4 with 30k miles popped up for sale near here. I'll find the link. They are asking 10k for it.

----------

http://touch.bismanonline.com/2002_f...0_miles_4_0_l/
That's a pretty dang good deal.
__________________
2003 Ford Ranger FX4: 4.0L V6 | Auto | 4.10s | 265/75R16 BFG AT KO2 | Ion Alloy 174 | Pioneer radio | Alpine Speakers| 06 tails | Thunderbolt turn signal mirrors | Kobalt Toolbox | 22" LED lightbar | Blackout headlights | Headache Rack | 140K miles. DWB!
Build Thread <-- Clicky

March 2015 TOTM

2016 Ford Fusion SE. 1.5L EcoBoost. 6-speed Auto. White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic. 18" 5 spoke black rims. Daily Driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMike View Post
One can never have too many detailing supplies.
Reply With Quote
  #1968  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:48 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03DJ View Post
That's a pretty dang good deal.
It must have been. Its sold apparently already. Click on the link, on the top it says this ad has expired. It wasn't posted for more than a week.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1969  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:49 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
It must have been. Its sold apparently already. Click on the link, on the top it says this ad has expired. It wasn't posted for more than a week.
damn it....
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #1970  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
damn it....
At least it probably means I'll sell mine quickly.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1971  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:50 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
At least it probably means I'll sell mine quickly.
why sell it?? If it's fixed don't sell it
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #1972  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:53 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
why sell it?? If it's fixed don't sell it
To sum things up, ive driven it less than 8k miles in the 2.5 years ive owned it and have almost put 5k worth of repairs in a 6.5k truck at the time. now the truck books for 4k and with all the work being done at the shop the total comes out to about 2.5k. I can't keep dumping money into this truck especially with college around the corner. I need something more reliable.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1973  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:55 PM
ranger_ferd ranger_ferd is offline
smart @$$ 101
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1,875
Default

On the bright side, it'll basically be a brand new truck when it's all said and done lol
__________________
2001 f250 7.3 zf-6
1979 f150 400/c6
Ranger free since December 2015
quote of the day:
The round flowing fenders of this vehicle have been lovingly reconstructed by a Dutch craftsman out of, what could be considered the most precious material on earth, bondo
Reply With Quote
  #1974  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:58 PM
pk9298 pk9298 is offline
Love me some Axels
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 10,456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
To sum things up, ive driven it less than 8k miles in the 2.5 years ive owned it and have almost put 5k worth of repairs in a 6.5k truck at the time. now the truck books for 4k and with all the work being done at the shop the total comes out to about 2.5k. I can't keep dumping money into this truck especially with college around the corner. I need something more reliable.
newer ranger...? Please? Lol

----------

Well hey...if you sell it are you selling the grill guard separately? I'll buy it off you.

----------

Jaden text me. I lost your #
__________________
2020 KW T800
Quad Axle Dump Truck
MX13 PACAR I6
The Lone Ranger
Reply With Quote
  #1975  
Old 01-08-2015, 07:59 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk9298 View Post
newer ranger...? Please? Lol

----------

Well hey...if you sell it are you selling the grill guard separately? I'll buy it off you.
Im looking at rangers but not only them. I will be looking at everything. So far there is not really anything im interested in on Bisman.

I'm keeping everything on the truck just to save some hassle. If I took the brush guard off I would have to drill into the bumper to mount the lightbar and I don't want to do that.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1976  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:16 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Update on the truck:

Got it back from the shop and everything seems good. I took it out for about a 15 mile drive and everything checked out ok.

My dad also had a change in heart and I guess he wants to keep the truck now, and since he has the title, he won't let me sell the truck...

Another side note is that I noticed the 4wd was giving me problems again and would not engage. So since I am going to be keeping it for a while I would like to get this issue fixed. Rugged Ridge manual locking hubs are what I am going to be investing in. I just have one question, is it ok for me to leave the hubs locked all the time? It seems like a real hassle to get out of the truck and lock them when I need 4wd. I would also like to know how easy the install is. Could me and my dad tackle on this job instead of paying a shop to do it?

Link to the hubs: http://www.ruggedridge.com/manual-lo...-15001-70.html
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1977  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:22 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Update on the truck:

Got it back from the shop and everything seems good. I took it out for about a 15 mile drive and everything checked out ok.

My dad also had a change in heart and I guess he wants to keep the truck now, and since he has the title, he won't let me sell the truck...

Another side note is that I noticed the 4wd was giving me problems again and would not engage. So since I am going to be keeping it for a while I would like to get this issue fixed. Rugged Ridge manual locking hubs are what I am going to be investing in. I just have one question, is it ok for me to leave the hubs locked all the time? It seems like a real hassle to get out of the truck and lock them when I need 4wd. I would also like to know how easy the install is. Could me and my dad tackle on this job instead of paying a shop to do it?

Link to the hubs: http://www.ruggedridge.com/manual-lo...-15001-70.html
Lol one problem after another huh?
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #1978  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:23 PM
Jimmyspy Jimmyspy is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
My dad also had a change in heart and I guess he wants to keep the truck now
^glad to hear it!
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4, ext. cab, 4.0L v6
Superlifted
33x12.5 Duratracs

1995 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 ext. cab 4.0l v6 SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1979  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:28 PM
Bitzy Bitzy is offline
13' Focus
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,969
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_house102 View Post
Lol one problem after another huh?
Pulse vacuum hubs are in general crap so I can't really blame the truck itself, more ford for designing such a piece of crap. Most people with 98-00 rangers replace the hubs with manual locking hubs because of this reason.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyspy View Post
^glad to hear it!
I mean it has its benefits, its basically a new truck with all the repairs done to it. lol.
__________________
1999 XLT 4x4 3.0 Flareside
Off Road package, Towing package, 4.10's, 129k miles
Mildly Lifted
My Build
SOLD
Reply With Quote
  #1980  
Old 01-09-2015, 11:28 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,732
Default Re: Bitzy's "Build"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitzy View Post
Pulse vacuum hubs are in general crap so I can't really blame the truck itself, more ford for designing such a piece of crap. Most people with 98-00 rangers replace the hubs with manual locking hubs because of this reason.

----------



I mean it has its benefits, its basically a new truck with all the repairs done to it. lol.
If I ever get my 4.0 going thats what im doing
__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bitzy, build thread, hand wash

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Austins 1991 build "goldy locks" 1991fordranger Project Logs 225 01-09-2014 12:04 PM
Dustin's "John's 4x4" build. DustyXB Project Logs 300 12-30-2013 10:20 PM
Gen 2 "Little Big-Foot" build 1990ranger4x4 Project Logs 6 07-31-2013 03:56 PM
"Fuel prude" build thread edgeman4.0 Off Topic 33 10-20-2012 01:02 AM
How do you replace the Engine coolant overflow "hose." With air conditioning "2.3l" rholder001 4-Cylinder Tech 1 08-02-2011 06:37 AM