Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #31  
Old 05-29-2010, 04:20 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: PROJECT: Big Bird !

hey jill (of thats ur name ) i have the same exact truck, literary. extened cab, same rims, bed cover same color. i had a question on how u paint ur rims becuase i wanted to do the same thing to mine. what prep work did u do to it, what kinda paint, and anything else that is importen. Thanks, Pat.
sweet truck by the way it kinda remindes me of someones but im not sure whos
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 05-29-2010, 04:45 PM
Jilllyy Jilllyy is offline
Yellow Edge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 34
Default Re: PROJECT: Big Bird !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01DangerRanger View Post
hey jill (of thats ur name ) i have the same exact truck, literary. extened cab, same rims, bed cover same color. i had a question on how u paint ur rims becuase i wanted to do the same thing to mine. what prep work did u do to it, what kinda paint, and anything else that is importen. Thanks, Pat.
sweet truck by the way it kinda remindes me of someones but im not sure whos
Hey Pat... & yeah, its jillian actually - nice to meet ya!
i love that we have the same truck lol, and painting the wheels was fairly simple. Just had to take the wheels off, then they were cleaned with a wire brush which also was used to off the weather seal and scuff them a little so that the paint would stick. Then they were sprayed down with the matte black wheel paint (it was just from auto zone ... i don't remember the brand). Then I just let em' dry .. put the wheels back on. Oh! and the tires had to be taped off bc I was afraid the paint would pull moisture from the tire and make them crack ..

You should def go for it .. I'll stop in autozone and see what I bought when I get around to it!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: PROJECT: Big Bird !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilllyy View Post
Hey Pat... & yeah, its jillian actually - nice to meet ya!
i love that we have the same truck lol, and painting the wheels was fairly simple. Just had to take the wheels off, then they were cleaned with a wire brush which also was used to off the weather seal and scuff them a little so that the paint would stick. Then they were sprayed down with the matte black wheel paint (it was just from auto zone ... i don't remember the brand). Then I just let em' dry .. put the wheels back on. Oh! and the tires had to be taped off bc I was afraid the paint would pull moisture from the tire and make them crack ..

You should def go for it .. I'll stop in autozone and see what I bought when I get around to it!
nice to met u to and yea we have the awesomeest trucks ever thanks for the advise i wasnt sure if it would look good until i saw ur pics and then i was like "i got to do this NOW" yea ill probably do this soon and ill post pics of how it turns out. just a quick question, how many coats did u put on them? thanks for the help
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-29-2010, 06:01 PM
Jilllyy Jilllyy is offline
Yellow Edge
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 34
Default Re: PROJECT: Big Bird !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01DangerRanger View Post
nice to met u to and yea we have the awesomeest trucks ever thanks for the advise i wasnt sure if it would look good until i saw ur pics and then i was like "i got to do this NOW" yea ill probably do this soon and ill post pics of how it turns out. just a quick question, how many coats did u put on them? thanks for the help
One coat of primer, two of the paint
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-29-2010, 07:03 PM
01DangerRanger 01DangerRanger is offline
Custrom User Title Here
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 4,104
Default Re: PROJECT: Big Bird !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilllyy View Post
One coat of primer, two of the paint
Ok good to know, thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
project: 06 FoMoCo Project Logs 14 12-24-2012 12:31 AM
t-bird turbo coups greyghost 4-Cylinder Tech 3 10-03-2009 01:41 AM
Project section? bigtoys2004 Off Topic 11 09-30-2009 06:03 PM
My project truck Superlifted06FX4 Vehicle Snapshots 11 09-27-2009 05:11 AM
This ... is Big Bird :) Jilllyy Vehicle Snapshots 13 06-09-2009 07:16 AM