Hey everyone. I am posting my build for everyone to to see, give me advice and maybe even criticize me. I hope you all enjoy. I am open to all comments.
This truck is was my first vehicle and started off completely stock. It always lacked power and capability.
Stuck, Stuck, and Stuck again.
I finally got my first up grade. 31 in m/t tires. (I could get through anything with those )
After awhile I wanted to make a new bed for it but once i took one thing off I couldnt stop there.
I grew up taking things apart
First thing i made for it was a rear bumper. ( I dont know why I started with one of the least important things at this time....)
Then I bought Stuff or got it free out of friends farm yards.
Ya its dirty....
Then it was clean up time.
I also managed to get my frame blasted and painted.
And my front coils are in.
I got some chevy 63 inch leaf springs and had them blasted and painted.
Then I beefed up and extended my radius arms.
Then made my own shackles.
And rebuild my drum brakes
And put the rear together.
Painted my NP205, NP435, and rear bumper and several other things.
I also built my own dana 44 diff guard.
Now here we are at my current state. I have the coil bucket mounts welded on and a dumby block in with the tranny and t-case. I am working on making a skid plate for the belly and a mount for the T-Case.
Also here is a model of a front bumper i would like to build. I know it looks like a toyota version but its different in its own ways.
Thank you all very much. It has been a long a slow process. I wont be able to give updated every weekend because I live in Faribault, MN now and dont get to WI every weekend... Sorry but please hang with me and thank you for all the praises.
What do you all think of my concept front bumper? Do you like it? Does it look like it would work? Would you buy it? Give me the pros and cons of it. It is modeled up as 1.75X .120 tubing. Not everything is figured out with it such as how I would mount it to the frame.
I kinda flew through my first year and the half of my build so I will give you guys some back ground of my troubles. This will be a story of my drive train.
I am going with a 302 V8 engine. I got my first from a conversion van from my girl friends dad for a very good price. Along with the engine I was able to get the rear axle from it. A Ford 9 inch.
It was a very dirty process....
I then took it home and like a stupid rookie I put it up on a engine stand and thought hmmm I will take this apart and take all the parts to a shop that rebuilds engines and it will cost less cause I took it apart for them.... Fast forward to present time and I have engine parts scattered all over the barn...... Not smart. But at least i know I can take a engine apart now
Trying to keep things "organized" ha ha right......
After the engine I found myself a set of axles, trannny, and t-case.
Frame all torched up.
Front and Rear
And the Tranny and T-Case
C18 no Low gear t-case
A while goes by and i get to thinking hmmmm.... I am making a rock crawler and i have a t-case with no low not good. then i realize i have another t-case sitting in the barn and I have no idea what it is. So I go out clean it up and figure out what it is.
Its a NP205... From what I have read, one of the strongest t-cases out there, I know it doesnt have the lowest of gears but it is certainty better then 1:1.
O and when I had decided to use this I had already rebuilt my tanny with a overhaul kit (not cheap...) and little C18....
Now is when I try to mate the NP435 and NP205..... Didnt work... I did some more research and come to find out I have a 2 wheel drive NP435 and the NP205 (t-case hang with me) has the bolt pattern of the 4 wheel drive version.......... not cool... So i go on the search on craigslist. "love that sight" and found me a 302 engine mated with a 4 wheel drive Np435 Now I was smart with this engine and stuck it up in the haymow and covered it up until its resurrection time and the Np435 was cleaned up, painted and mated with the Np205 and that completes my drive train
00 Ford F-250...5.4L with some goodies, 4x4, Auto out of a 7.3 powerstroke w/ stage 2 TC , Crew Cab, Burnt orange, 35x12.5 MT Baja ATZ's on 20x10 Motometals, Pioneer Deck, Scanguage, Magnaflow exhaust, LED signal tow mirrors, and a Hidden hitch gooseneck