Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #766  
Old 04-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Thanks guys. The flares are gonna go back to white, but the bumper will stay for a little while until I can fix my original valance.
Reply With Quote
  #767  
Old 04-20-2015, 05:49 PM
camodown camodown is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
It's REALLY hard to accept going from a 5" lift down to a 3" lift.
Especially when it is still 2wd, wut
__________________
Lifted and junk

Double Lifted Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #768  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:07 PM
Ty S Ty S is offline
Buy a Ford
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 184
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Looks better now than it did before. Better equilibrium if that makes sense. Flows better at that height.
__________________
1994 Ford ranger - single cab - manual - lifted 2" - tonneau cover
Reply With Quote
  #769  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:16 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
Especially when it is still 2wd, wut
That's okay, I know of a nice black Edge with a 5.5 RCD kit and manual transfer case that would make a great parts donor.
Reply With Quote
  #770  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:24 PM
camodown camodown is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
That's okay, I know of a nice black Edge with a 5.5 RCD kit and manual transfer case that would make a great parts donor.
There is a special sale price this week only. $29,500 delivered anywhere in the continental 48.
__________________
Lifted and junk

Double Lifted Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #771  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
There is a special sale price this week only. $29,500 delivered anywhere in the continental 48.
I'll give 29 dollars, and tickets to the 2005 Daytona 500.
Reply With Quote
  #772  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:32 PM
camodown camodown is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,839
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
I'll give 29 dollars, and tickets to the 2005 Daytona 500.
Make it $40 and 2 tickets to Super Bowl XVII.
__________________
Lifted and junk

Double Lifted Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #773  
Old 04-20-2015, 06:38 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
Make it $40 and 2 tickets to Super Bowl XVII.
I may actually have tickets to that game. You'll need to furnish your own time watch.
Reply With Quote
  #774  
Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 PM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Haven't updated this in close to a month. Been doing a lot of maintenance on the truck, and just enjoying it.

I ditched the black flares and black valance, since I didn't like the way it looked. I still need to repaint my flares, but at least I didn't make the mistake of painting my valance.

Anyways, my tires are getting close to 30-40% tread, which means it's time to start thinking about new tires, and new wheels. And like I always do, I've changed my mind again, and will not be going with the aforementioned 17" Pro Comps. I have decided to go with 18's, and will upgrade to 35's. I've already picked the wheels, and am still researching the tires.

Also, I'm abandoning my plans for 4x4. This IFS front axle has given me nothing but problems (Brand new seals that leak, and a CV axle that moves upwards when you spin the pinion). I'm tired of fighting it, so I'm yanking it all back out and putting 4" lift spindles back on the truck.

So what about the body lift? I originally considered removing it, but after hanging out with a buddy of mine who has a double lifted Ranger, I'm leaving the body lift. So yea, the truck's gonna be double lifted.

Finally, I still only have 4.10 gears. So to rectify that, I plan on grabbing an Expo 8.8, converting it to SOA and installing a set of 4.88 gears with some sort of LS unit. I figure I can knock out a few birds with one stone that way versus re-gearing my current axle, and having to convert it to discs down the road.

Just a few randoms of what the truck looks like now since everybody loves pictures:





Reply With Quote
  #775  
Old 06-15-2015, 06:17 PM
shawn_house102 shawn_house102 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,729
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 View Post
Haven't updated this in close to a month. Been doing a lot of maintenance on the truck, and just enjoying it.

I ditched the black flares and black valance, since I didn't like the way it looked. I still need to repaint my flares, but at least I didn't make the mistake of painting my valance.

Anyways, my tires are getting close to 30-40% tread, which means it's time to start thinking about new tires, and new wheels. And like I always do, I've changed my mind again, and will not be going with the aforementioned 17" Pro Comps. I have decided to go with 18's, and will upgrade to 35's. I've already picked the wheels, and am still researching the tires.

Also, I'm abandoning my plans for 4x4. This IFS front axle has given me nothing but problems (Brand new seals that leak, and a CV axle that moves upwards when you spin the pinion). I'm tired of fighting it, so I'm yanking it all back out and putting 4" lift spindles back on the truck.

So what about the body lift? I originally considered removing it, but after hanging out with a buddy of mine who has a double lifted Ranger, I'm leaving the body lift. So yea, the truck's gonna be double lifted.

Finally, I still only have 4.10 gears. So to rectify that, I plan on grabbing an Expo 8.8, converting it to SOA and installing a set of 4.88 gears with some sort of LS unit. I figure I can knock out a few birds with one stone that way versus re-gearing my current axle, and having to convert it to discs down the road.

Just a few randoms of what the truck looks like now since everybody loves pictures:





__________________
Because Race Truck!
Reply With Quote
  #776  
Old 06-16-2015, 09:26 AM
camodown camodown is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 4,839
Default

Weak, some people just can't handle that 4x4 life. Lol

How much up movement in the cv and which side, also 4wd's are kind of like male dogs, we dribble a little fluid to mark our territory.
__________________
Lifted and junk

Double Lifted Rangers
Reply With Quote
  #777  
Old 06-16-2015, 10:20 AM
LilRed02EDGE LilRed02EDGE is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 637
Default

Sounds like a poorly machined cv axle I had issues with a leak when I replaced my cvs, got new ones and problem was fixed
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 4.0 V6, 4.10s, 5spd BTF 4x4 long travel, fox 2.0 coilover conversion, 265/70r16 bfg rugged trails, g2 aluminum diff cover, cowl hood, custom paint, cab lights, kc lights behind grill, sport trac 4x4 emblem, mbrp stainless exhaust dumped, procomp aal, expo roof rack, rci front skid, lvl 2 hooks, t-case and gas tank skids, trail gear rock sliders, and 06+ mirrors, tube bumper in progress with two kcs
Reply With Quote
  #778  
Old 06-16-2015, 10:28 AM
Fordzilla80 Fordzilla80 is offline
Welcome to FRF!
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 8,952
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by camodown View Post
Weak, some people just can't handle that 4x4 life. Lol

How much up movement in the cv and which side, also 4wd's are kind of like male dogs, we dribble a little fluid to mark our territory.
I'm definitely one of those people. But at the same time, I live in Florida. 4x4 never gets used here except when you intentionally try to get stuck, which I never do. I just wanna mall craaawwwwllll.

Probably about 1/2". When I spin the pinion, you can see it jump up first, and then it starts to turn.

I'm still keeping my twin sticks though so I can pretend to shift into 4Low when I'm at stoplights.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRed02EDGE View Post
Sounds like a poorly machined cv axle I had issues with a leak when I replaced my cvs, got new ones and problem was fixed
It probably is. Just the cheap garbage from Advance. Not willing to deal with it any more though.
Reply With Quote
  #779  
Old 06-16-2015, 04:23 PM
2004xlmiller 2004xlmiller is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 12,689
Default Re: Sticks-2003 Ranger Edge

The ground clearance, good tires and a locker alone will take a 2wd ranger almost as far as a stock/bl'd ranger before the 4wd starts dragging hardware. Almost..

There is a part of me that wishes id just left my truck double lifted a few years ago, put 35s on and called it a day. Yours will look great, can't wait to see it.
Reply With Quote
  #780  
Old 06-16-2015, 07:20 PM
LilRed02EDGE LilRed02EDGE is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 637
Default

And here I prefer minimal lift, 33s, skids and 4x4 to each there own. Your truck will look nice double lifted on 35s
__________________
2002 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 4.0 V6, 4.10s, 5spd BTF 4x4 long travel, fox 2.0 coilover conversion, 265/70r16 bfg rugged trails, g2 aluminum diff cover, cowl hood, custom paint, cab lights, kc lights behind grill, sport trac 4x4 emblem, mbrp stainless exhaust dumped, procomp aal, expo roof rack, rci front skid, lvl 2 hooks, t-case and gas tank skids, trail gear rock sliders, and 06+ mirrors, tube bumper in progress with two kcs
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need New 3.0 Engine For Sons 2003 Ranger Edge Macs Dad General Tech 4 01-01-2011 10:39 PM
For Sale: 2003 Ford Ranger Edge 4.0 ~Fast*Life~ Trucks 7 10-06-2010 02:44 PM
For Sale: 2003 Ford Ranger Edge standard 3.0 v6 MattFetters Trucks 11 01-18-2010 02:18 PM
2003 Ford Ranger EDGE turboo Lifted Suspension 5 12-27-2009 11:50 PM
[SOLD] 2003 Ford Ranger EDGE scrillasherv Trucks 17 11-15-2009 07:35 PM