Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #91  
Old 07-13-2010, 05:52 PM
ranger101 ranger101 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,571
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

All depends on your lift. You could easily run 35's
__________________
2002 XLT 4X4
Auto 4.0L SOHC
8.8 w/ 4.10 L/S

Mods: Xcal 2, K&N Drop-In, Line-X, DSG Heads/Corners, 6000k Hi/Low HID's, 6K HID Fogs, Foglight Mod, Throttle Cable Mod, 6.5" Digital Designs, Rockford P400.4, 2 Sundown SA-15's, MB Quart DSC 2000.1d, Cranked T-Bars, 285/75/R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-13-2010, 05:53 PM
Demon-FX4 Demon-FX4 is offline
I'm a Demon, So F off!
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 6,075
Send a message via Skype™ to Demon-FX4
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

with a 6 or 7 inch lift i know 35s but could i go bigger or would the engine not have the power and the tranny strain to much ?
__________________
2003 FX4 LEVEL II
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 View Post
My D-max - will pull the Cummin' Stroke it all night long!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99RangerAlfredo View Post
Nooo Demon does badd things to me when no one looks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawall View Post
Don't worry I next time I will just buy bolt ons so I can be just like you. Then I can drive around with unpainted fender flares and have a real prerunner
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 PM
ranger101 ranger101 is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,571
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

If you geared it right you won't have any problems. With 35's you want something like 4.88's and anything above 35's I would do 5.13's
__________________
2002 XLT 4X4
Auto 4.0L SOHC
8.8 w/ 4.10 L/S

Mods: Xcal 2, K&N Drop-In, Line-X, DSG Heads/Corners, 6000k Hi/Low HID's, 6K HID Fogs, Foglight Mod, Throttle Cable Mod, 6.5" Digital Designs, Rockford P400.4, 2 Sundown SA-15's, MB Quart DSC 2000.1d, Cranked T-Bars, 285/75/R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

im running 4.10's and a 4.0 v6 and i wont have any problems moving my 36's
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-13-2010, 06:05 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
brake line from caliper to stock hard line is about 2-2.5ft and theres TONS of stock line to deal with...
thanks!
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:04 PM
rstangboi rstangboi is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger101 View Post
If you geared it right you won't have any problems. With 35's you want something like 4.88's and anything above 35's I would do 5.13's
exactly...its all in the gears. im running 4.88's on 35s and its just as good as it was stock...kinda lol the size tire you wanna run is all about how much you either wanna cut up your truck or how much higher youw ant it. i dont see the point in uber large tires imo....i got a friend with 40's and its cool and all, but my truck keeps up fine for the most part with 35s. maybe 37s some day but i dont plan on goin larger than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLuc View Post
im running 4.10's and a 4.0 v6 and i wont have any problems moving my 36's
tell me that when your - a) tryin to get infront of a semi while getting on the freeway
b) in 4lo and tryna climb a rock ledge...

i wouldnt say NO problems...just a feeling of lack of torque and increased stress on your drive train.. Not to say my gearing and etc could be better...butim just sayin.
__________________
Current : 04 F250 6.0 - 03 Mazda B2300 - 01 Stepside : 3.slow, SAS'ed, 35's, locked, cased, d44 and d60

Sold : 98 Mazda B2500 - 01 Explorer Sport - 98 Ranger - 05 F150
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-13-2010, 07:07 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
exactly...its all in the gears. im running 4.88's on 35s and its just as good as it was stock...kinda lol the size tire you wanna run is all about how much you either wanna cut up your truck or how much higher youw ant it. i dont see the point in uber large tires imo....i got a friend with 40's and its cool and all, but my truck keeps up fine for the most part with 35s. maybe 37s some day but i dont plan on goin larger than that.



tell me that when your - a) tryin to get infront of a semi while getting on the freeway
b) in 4lo and tryna climb a rock ledge...

i wouldnt say NO problems...just a feeling of lack of torque and increased stress on your drive train.. Not to say my gearing and etc could be better...butim just sayin.
oh i already know its gunna be slow. but my bros got a tacoma on 35's with 4.10 gears and hes got a smaller engine than me and his truck spins his tires no problem. so im not worried about it. the only thing ill keep my eye on is the trans
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-14-2010, 06:21 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

got my axle back today, spent a little more than i wanted to but its pretty much a brand new axle
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-15-2010, 12:00 AM
rstangboi rstangboi is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLuc View Post
got my axle back today, spent a little more than i wanted to but its pretty much a brand new axle
....brand new axle and no pics?
__________________
Current : 04 F250 6.0 - 03 Mazda B2300 - 01 Stepside : 3.slow, SAS'ed, 35's, locked, cased, d44 and d60

Sold : 98 Mazda B2500 - 01 Explorer Sport - 98 Ranger - 05 F150
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-15-2010, 04:40 AM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
....brand new axle and no pics?
lol ya ya. ill post some tomorrow, i dont have a camera right now
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
stephen.g.fiddes stephen.g.fiddes is offline
Next-best to Chuck Norris
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 795
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

WOOT!! Toreador SAS!!!
__________________
Schwinn Super-Sport, Nikon D90 ROLLED: 2001 Ford Ranger XLT Super Cab 4X4MODS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourliter Dan View Post
and as for boobs, as long as the cant hold up a book with sag, pointed in the right direction and not peperoni or canadian bacon nips were good to go!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 View Post
ok...i'll just come out and say it... you got's an auto. That alone revokes your right to brag about being part of the elite Level II's! Take that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinton View Post
Oh come on....every girl likes pink....even Demon
Buy my pictures at Imagekind!
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 07-17-2010, 10:53 AM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

im ordering my leafs today, but which front leafs should i get? i found these that are for a f-150, will those work?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/high-lift-l...41&zmap=293731
or these...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS44044/
i believe these are the ones your running up front randy?
damn, no one has those in stock. plus, it says those only give you 3" of lift?
but i found these and am probably going to order them monday...
let me know what u think of them
http://www.trail-gear.com/leaf-springs
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends

Last edited by RangerLuc; 07-17-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 07-17-2010, 05:14 PM
rstangboi rstangboi is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLuc View Post
im ordering my leafs today, but which front leafs should i get? i found these that are for a f-150, will those work?
http://www.jcwhitney.com/high-lift-l...41&zmap=293731
or these...
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RAN-RS44044/
i believe these are the ones your running up front randy?
damn, no one has those in stock. plus, it says those only give you 3" of lift?
but i found these and am probably going to order them monday...
let me know what u think of them
http://www.trail-gear.com/leaf-springs
for the front right? i wouldnt run the first ones....anything for a fullsize is just gunna ride like a brick for ya.

ya, i got rancho 44044's n i love em. theyre perfect.
if you get the yota ones id be careful...theres a guy who used em on his ranger on RF and they ended up arcing the opposite way fast...

and again...dont focus on the amount of "lift" your getting. cuz 3inches of lift for a waggy, is not the same as 3inches of lift on a yota when put on ur truck. remember your height also depends on the heights of ur crossmembers and shackles.
__________________
Current : 04 F250 6.0 - 03 Mazda B2300 - 01 Stepside : 3.slow, SAS'ed, 35's, locked, cased, d44 and d60

Sold : 98 Mazda B2500 - 01 Explorer Sport - 98 Ranger - 05 F150
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 07-17-2010, 05:17 PM
RangerLuc RangerLuc is offline
yup
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,407
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstangboi View Post
for the front right? i wouldnt run the first ones....anything for a fullsize is just gunna ride like a brick for ya.

ya, i got rancho 44044's n i love em. theyre perfect.
if you get the yota ones id be careful...theres a guy who used em on his ranger on RF and they ended up arcing the opposite way fast...

and again...dont focus on the amount of "lift" your getting. cuz 3inches of lift for a waggy, is not the same as 3inches of lift on a yota when put on ur truck. remember your height also depends on the heights of ur crossmembers and shackles.
ok gotcha.
im pretty sure im ordering these monday. and thats my final decision lol.
http://www.marlincrawler.com/suspens...ring-kit-front
__________________
2001 XLT 4x4 V6 4.0L auto
SAS'd D44 and 8.8. dual lockers, 38s, 12 bolt h1's, some other odds and ends
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 07-18-2010, 02:17 AM
rstangboi rstangboi is offline
Ford Ranger Driver
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,031
Default Re: rangerluc's SAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLuc View Post
ok gotcha.
im pretty sure im ordering these monday. and thats my final decision lol.
http://www.marlincrawler.com/suspens...ring-kit-front
nice. you know, u could always search pirate4x4 forums real quick to see if theres anything...
__________________
Current : 04 F250 6.0 - 03 Mazda B2300 - 01 Stepside : 3.slow, SAS'ed, 35's, locked, cased, d44 and d60

Sold : 98 Mazda B2500 - 01 Explorer Sport - 98 Ranger - 05 F150
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
sas d44? DEBO Solid Axle Swap 5 05-30-2010 08:55 AM
My 83 FullWidth SAS Tbmitchell Solid Axle Swap 3 04-25-2010 02:02 PM
Looking for sas research links frodeezy Solid Axle Swap 1 02-06-2010 10:30 PM
85 SAS questions cheade Solid Axle Swap 3 06-19-2009 05:13 PM