Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Go Back   Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! > > >
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Welcome to Ford Ranger Forum

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread

  #1  
Old 11-13-2013, 12:56 PM
erich066 erich066 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Default maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Buyers beware of member maggied6.0ranger !!
I purchased a rear disc conversion off of this member.
Here is the OP
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/engin...sion-ohio.html
*Note how it says "the only thing needed is a 3$ part from summit."*
He was always very quick to respond and very cordial. He asks me to pay with paypal as "send money to family and friends" to avoid fees. I tell him I will cover the fees and proceed to pay as a purchase of goods. (thank goodness) 3 days later I receive the package with all the parts lumped together with no packaging in a flimsy and ripped box and immediately realize the following problems

- I am short 2 caliper mounting bolts. Only one caliper had mounting bolts in it (came with 2/4)
- I am short 1 nut to hold anti-moan bracket on (came with 3/4)
- both stainless steel lines are as flat as pancakes
- 1 rubber caliper slide pin boot has puncture wound in it. Other three are fine.
- Rotors are pitted and beat up from shipping
- One caliper piston is chipped on contact surface

I proceed to let him know of these problems and OFFER HIM the options of replacement parts, partial refund or full refund with return merchandise. He then sends me this email.
"Well not sure how the brake hoses are flat as pancakes or how the boot was ripped but that wouldve been how I got it. All I did was take out of box and take pic of setup and relist it. You can tell by the original guys post that what was missing is exactly what was missing when he sold it to me.I never took anything apart,mounted or anything. I had to resell b/c its the smaller setup and I was doing Cobra which is 12" setup."

This is the first i hear of another post and he admits the knowing about the missing parts and misrepresenting the items on his post. When I say Ill take the full refund and will even EAT RETURN SHIPPING COSTS, he clams up and have not heard from him all week. I will be opening a paypal claim right after i hit post. Thanks for your time and hearing me rant.
BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK FROM MAGGIED6.0RANGER!!!!
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
4x2 Auto 3.0 V6 FFV
Auto Dimming mirror w/ Autolamps - OHC w/ LEDs - Dome conversion with LEDs - Pioneer touch screen CD/DVD head unit with 4 kenwood speakers - Modded double din Bezel - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod - K&N Filter - Ultragauge custom mount - "CAI" Airbox (I just like the sound)
  #2  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 PM
Rooks Rooks is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 26
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

To be fair, he bought the kit from me originally over on RPS. I've removed the thread from RPS per their classified rules, but you can find a copy of the same listing I had over on R-F.

EDIT: Tried posting a link, but for some reason the link keeps getting garbled. Not sure what's going on. Just go to the Engine & Drivetrain Classifieds over at R-F and look for "Rooks". You should see the original ad.

I honestly don't know if those bolts were missing and what the condition of the boots was when I sold the kit (I bought the calipers, anti-moan brackets, and brackets a long time ago and they sat in a box until I realize the project wasn't getting done), but I know the rotors were in good shape and the stainless steel lines packaging was solid when I shipped them and I used plenty of packaging stuff (peanuts, bubble wrap, newspaper). You can see in the photo I still have on R-F.

That said, I feel bad that a kit I sold, even indirectly is causing some issues. Sending you a PM to discuss further.
__________________
1999 Ranger XLT -- "Project Unknown"
2010 Subaru Impreza -- "The Daily"

Last edited by Rooks; 11-13-2013 at 01:18 PM.
  #3  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:33 PM
erich066 erich066 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooks View Post
To be fair, he bought the kit from me originally over on RPS. I've removed the thread from RPS per their classified rules, but you can find a copy of the same listing I had over on R-F.

EDIT: Tried posting a link, but for some reason the link keeps getting garbled. Not sure what's going on. Just go to the Engine & Drivetrain Classifieds over at R-F and look for "Rooks". You should see the original ad.

I honestly don't know if those bolts were missing and what the condition of the boots was when I sold the kit (I bought the calipers, anti-moan brackets, and brackets a long time ago and they sat in a box until I realize the project wasn't getting done), but I know the rotors were in good shape and the stainless steel lines packaging was solid when I shipped them and I used plenty of packaging stuff (peanuts, bubble wrap, newspaper). You can see in the photo I still have on R-F.

That said, I feel bad that a kit I sold, even indirectly is causing some issues. Sending you a PM to discuss further.
Haha. Thanks Rooks. I appreciate the sentiment. Whether they were or were not missing does not fall on you, since you were not the one describing the item. And when I received the box via UPS, I cringed when I realized it was a 30 lb Maraca. There was not even a remnant of any sort of packing in this box.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
4x2 Auto 3.0 V6 FFV
Auto Dimming mirror w/ Autolamps - OHC w/ LEDs - Dome conversion with LEDs - Pioneer touch screen CD/DVD head unit with 4 kenwood speakers - Modded double din Bezel - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod - K&N Filter - Ultragauge custom mount - "CAI" Airbox (I just like the sound)
  #4  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:42 PM
Maggied6.0Ranger Maggied6.0Ranger is offline
Dropped & Fast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 528
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Wow youve got some F'in nerve!!! If anyone wants to read his bs rant you can go to this post

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/exter...er-w-fogs.html

Well that was nice of you Rooks, it was nice doing business w/ you. I had no problems at all w/ you and what I got except for I wish I woulda read a lil more careful and saw size of setup Lmao. Thanks again Rooks!
__________________
White 02' SCSB w/ many mods too come
  #5  
Old 11-13-2013, 01:53 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich066 View Post

Haha. Thanks Rooks. I appreciate the sentiment. Whether they were or were not missing does not fall on you, since you were not the one describing the item. And when I received the box via UPS, I cringed when I realized it was a 30 lb Maraca. There was not even a remnant of any sort of packing in this box.
Did you ask for better pictures than what was posted by the seller? Did you reject the package for damage done by UPS or are you assuming it was the shipper?
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
  #6  
Old 11-13-2013, 02:02 PM
Maggied6.0Ranger Maggied6.0Ranger is offline
Dropped & Fast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 528
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

And if the box was so badly damaged why should it be on me? That would be the shippers fault for messing up the package. I guess I wont be using UPS anymore.
__________________
White 02' SCSB w/ many mods too come
  #7  
Old 11-13-2013, 02:20 PM
erich066 erich066 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Nice to hear from maggied! care to respond to any of my e-mails sir?
And it's your fault because packaging falls on the seller. I would have packaged it if i could have, but i can't. Who does the packaging fall on, if not you? And what about the issues that extend beyond packaging? Please be a man and make this right. Don't try and pass the buck for you purchasing the wrong kit.

And no I did not refuse package, it was left on my doorstep.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
4x2 Auto 3.0 V6 FFV
Auto Dimming mirror w/ Autolamps - OHC w/ LEDs - Dome conversion with LEDs - Pioneer touch screen CD/DVD head unit with 4 kenwood speakers - Modded double din Bezel - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod - K&N Filter - Ultragauge custom mount - "CAI" Airbox (I just like the sound)
  #8  
Old 11-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Maggied6.0Ranger Maggied6.0Ranger is offline
Dropped & Fast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 528
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich066 View Post
Nice to hear from maggied! care to respond to any of my e-mails sir?
And it's your fault because packaging falls on the seller. I would have packaged it if i could have, but i can't. Who does the packaging fall on, if not you? And what about the issues that extend beyond packaging? Please be a man and make this right. Don't try and pass the buck for you purchasing the wrong kit.

And no I did not refuse package, it was left on my doorstep.
First of all you have never sent me any emails! Ive talked w/ you thru PMs and thats it. What issues? There are none that I know of. How am I passing the buck? Im not passing off anything I just resold exactly how I got it!!

Like I told YOU yesterday and even posted the PM about refund, can you not read or something????!!!!!
__________________
White 02' SCSB w/ many mods too come
  #9  
Old 11-13-2013, 02:42 PM
erich066 erich066 is offline
Liking the Ford Ranger Forum
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 16
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggied6.0Ranger View Post
First of all you have never sent me any emails! Ive talked w/ you thru PMs and thats it. What issues? There are none that I know of. How am I passing the buck? Im not passing off anything I just resold exactly how I got it!!

Like I told YOU yesterday and even posted the PM about refund, can you not read or something????!!!!!
Then refund my money. I rescind the paypal dispute.
__________________
1999 Ford Ranger XLT Supercab
4x2 Auto 3.0 V6 FFV
Auto Dimming mirror w/ Autolamps - OHC w/ LEDs - Dome conversion with LEDs - Pioneer touch screen CD/DVD head unit with 4 kenwood speakers - Modded double din Bezel - Blinker mod - Throttle cable mod - K&N Filter - Ultragauge custom mount - "CAI" Airbox (I just like the sound)
  #10  
Old 11-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Maggied6.0Ranger Maggied6.0Ranger is offline
Dropped & Fast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 528
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by erich066 View Post
Buyers beware of member maggied6.0ranger !!
I purchased a rear disc conversion off of this member.
Here is the OP
http://www.fordrangerforum.com/engin...sion-ohio.html
*Note how it says "the only thing needed is a 3$ part from summit."*
He was always very quick to respond and very cordial. He asks me to pay with paypal as "send money to family and friends" to avoid fees. I tell him I will cover the fees and proceed to pay as a purchase of goods. (thank goodness) 3 days later I receive the package with all the parts lumped together with no packaging in a flimsy and ripped box and immediately realize the following problems

- I am short 2 caliper mounting bolts. Only one caliper had mounting bolts in it (came with 2/4)
- I am short 1 nut to hold anti-moan bracket on (came with 3/4)
- both stainless steel lines are as flat as pancakes
- 1 rubber caliper slide pin boot has puncture wound in it. Other three are fine.
- Rotors are pitted and beat up from shipping
- One caliper piston is chipped on contact surface

I proceed to let him know of these problems and OFFER HIM the options of replacement parts, partial refund or full refund with return merchandise. He then sends me this email.
"Well not sure how the brake hoses are flat as pancakes or how the boot was ripped but that wouldve been how I got it. All I did was take out of box and take pic of setup and relist it. You can tell by the original guys post that what was missing is exactly what was missing when he sold it to me.I never took anything apart,mounted or anything. I had to resell b/c its the smaller setup and I was doing Cobra which is 12" setup."

This is the first i hear of another post and he admits the knowing about the missing parts and misrepresenting the items on his post. When I say Ill take the full refund and will even EAT RETURN SHIPPING COSTS, he clams up and have not heard from him all week. I will be opening a paypal claim right after i hit post. Thanks for your time and hearing me rant.
BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK FROM MAGGIED6.0RANGER!!!!
I didnt misrepresent anything, I posted what I bought which didnt work then relisted and sold. How can you say I clammed up all week? I just PMed you yesterday and then 2 days prior w/ UPS track info. You sir need to get your facts straight! Like I said in PM and even posted the PM out in the open that you could have your refund. So sorry I didnt do it first thing this morn when you PMed at 4:35am!!! Some of us have jobs and have to work instead of playing on the damn internet all day!!!

Then you have the nerve to PM this?!

"Please let me know how you would like to proceed. I will start the wheels in motion when I get home from work today if I have not heard from you."

So sorry I had to work today instead of catering to you.

Like I said youll get your refund and long as I get everything back as I shipped it to you without anything missing that was sent and complete as it was sent!!

Now I hope when people see how you do things nobody will sell or buy from you!!!!
__________________
White 02' SCSB w/ many mods too come
  #11  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:05 PM
doyouquaxu doyouquaxu is offline
Almost ******
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,480
Default

OP sounds like a princess who slept on a pea. OP, are you my brother? He's a whiny little bitch like you are.
__________________
Why does everyone think prerunners just jump stuff?


Please click HERE to watch this video!
  #12  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:14 PM
buggman buggman is offline
Do not touch the trim!
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,018
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

Hate to hear about the issues you guys are having.
I've had dealings with both guys & everything went smoothly.

Take a deep breath & maybe give each other a call to talk things through & hopefully you can come to a amicable resolution.

If the box was taped up & sturdy enough to handle what sounds like a rather heavy load, but UPS drop kicked it off the back of the truck (which they've been known to do & worse) you could have refused the package due to shipping damage or filed a claim with UPS if their negligence during transit damaged the contents.

I always try to over package my stuff 'cause I know what they'll go through at usps... I've received quite a few old bulb holder packages from guys who got my led mods only to find an empty envelope with a gaping hole on the side where the bulb holder dropped out somewhere along the way. I don't blame those guys or their "minimal" packaging skills, it just happens sometimes.

If the parts can be used with a little work, maybe you guys could settle on a partial refund to make things whole again.

Sounds like PayPal is involved, so I'm sure their dispute process will ask for info from both parties too. They may decide that if the parts are returned then you can get a refund, but you'll probably have to foot the bill for the return shipping. You'll probably be required to provide a tracking # and/or insurance in case the packages gets lost or further damaged. Most times they won't refund & let you keep the parts until they can verify they have been delivered back to the original seller.

Hopefully this will come to a peaceful resolution.
__________________
'96 XLT, 4.0L, 4x4 Auto, Super Cab, K&N Filter, Dual Exhaust, 200a Alt, Clear Corners, BUGGMAN LED's, Expo Power Seats & Console, LED modded '01 Tails

Need LED's? Send me a PM
LINKS... Click 'em - - -> BUGGMAN PICS - - -BUGGMAN'S YouTube Channel - - -BUGGMAN'S FaceBook
  #13  
Old 11-13-2013, 03:25 PM
ranger024x4 ranger024x4 is offline
dumpster fire
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 5,372
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

pics of said chipped calipers and rotors?
__________________

2017 Ford Fiesta ST
2014 Ford Escape Titanium Ecoboost AWD
  #14  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:28 PM
Maggied6.0Ranger Maggied6.0Ranger is offline
Dropped & Fast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 528
Default Re: maggied6.0ranger - Buyers beware

And if the items in the box were damaged in shipping thats the carriers fault. Like I said send EVERYTHING back as what was sent to you and Ill issue refund. What part of that did you not get from my PM that was sent yest before you go on this bs rant? I guess I shouldve sent you all new parts so you woulda been happy. And yes pics of damage would be nice to see also.
__________________
White 02' SCSB w/ many mods too come
  #15  
Old 11-13-2013, 04:35 PM
01_ranger_4x4 01_ranger_4x4 is offline
OIF Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,043
Default

Let's chill out a bit, that's fit everyone. Name calling and personal attacks will not be tolerated here.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using FRF App
__________________
2001 Ranger 4x4 Stepside
-RCD Suspension lift
-33x12.5 BFG KM2's on Mickey Thomson classic locks
-4:56 gears
-Auburn gear LS
-James Duff traction bars
-Headers
-Flowmaster duals
-SCT X-Cal2 and some small exterior mods

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2321189

2005 F-150 Lariat 4x4
-LED third brake light
-Weathertech floor liners
-Edge tuner
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Beware of Ebay !!! Ranger_Up Product/Company/Member Reviews 15 03-13-2013 07:18 AM
Seat Cover buyers Beware redxlt Interior Tech 15 02-07-2011 02:39 PM
Buyers' Guide prowlerjc General Ford Ranger Discussion 0 09-16-2010 08:17 AM
Ford Unveils New Car For Cash-Strapped Buyers Tom Laugh Factory 10 02-24-2010 10:31 AM