Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Any Divers? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/9824-divers.html)

smakes 03-19-2010 11:38 PM

Any Divers?

what cert levels and gear do you guys have? favorite dive spots/ dive charters?

im advanced open water currently, 2 specialties and rescue diver training away from being a master diver.

as to my gear.. well let me dig up some pics real quick

surfer03133 03-20-2010 08:54 AM

Re: Any Divers?

I'm a free diver. But I am going to get advanced open water and scientific diving cert by the end of summer. I also want the nitrox cert and the wreck diver if i have time. My uncle was a master diver, but he died before he could certify me as a diver.
Favorite place to dive is right off Marsh Harbor, Bahamas. any good dive spots off Souther Cali? I know a lot of white shark charters go out of that area.

smakes 03-20-2010 10:37 AM

mid and northern cali are where the white shark spots are. theyre not too prevalent down here. catalina (where i learned) is rad, nothing on the east coast ive heard compares to our kelp forests. ive spent alot of time under da sea in the channel islands, ive logged easily 40 hours of bottom time in those islands alone.

i also want nitrox but that cert is about 250 bucks and wreckdiver is on my list aswell

surfer03133 03-20-2010 06:19 PM

You guys have farily cold water though. In the bahamas and east florida, its warm and clear. The keys are the 2nd largest reef structure in the world.

smakes 03-20-2010 06:28 PM

yea our waters usually about 60-65 degrees lol. nothin a 7 mil wetsuit and a cup of hot chocolate after you get your gear off wont fix tho

surfer03133 03-20-2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smakes (Post 93235)
yea our waters usually about 60-65 degrees lol. nothin a 7 mil wetsuit and a cup of hot chocolate after you get your gear off wont fix tho

lol, that is cold. The Gulf got down to 56 degrees this year, all our fish died, although it is the clearest i have seen the Gulf in a while. I can see a whole 10 ft. in front of me now!

smakes 03-20-2010 06:36 PM

im glad i got a chest zip wet suit. i did alot of research and that one is by far the best. its got an integrated hood and a big bib on it so water doesnt seep in the zipper. id never get a back zip up suit lol

surfer03133 03-20-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smakes (Post 93248)
im glad i got a chest zip wet suit. i did alot of research and that one is by far the best. its got an integrated hood and a big bib on it so water doesnt seep in the zipper. id never get a back zip up suit lol

i've got a 1 mil chest zip dive skin and a 3/2 full suit with back zipper. I like the back zipper better, but i mostly use it for surfing, so front zippers suck for that.