Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/)
-   -   IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/95007-iac-valve-coolant-squeaking.html)

bplturner 07-07-2013 05:37 PM

IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking

First off, I cleaned the IAC valve and holy shit! It idles like it's brand new. Upon cleaning my IAC, I noticed that the coolant reservoir was empty so I checked the radiator and noticed that it was bone dry. The cap was rusted shut and looked like it was coming apart, so I replaced it and refilled the radiator to full.

So, here's my real question. When I was filling the coolant, I spilled a little because I'm clumsy and I think it landed on one of the belts. Now the belt is making some terrible squeaking noise. Will this go away when the belt dries off?

Thanks!

96_4x4_XLT 07-07-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplturner (Post 1536892)
First off, I cleaned the IAC valve and holy shit! It idles like it's brand new. Upon cleaning my IAC, I noticed that the coolant reservoir was empty so I checked the radiator and noticed that it was bone dry. The cap was rusted shut and looked like it was coming apart, so I replaced it and refilled the radiator to full.

So, here's my real question. When I was filling the coolant, I spilled a little because I'm clumsy and I think it landed on one of the belts. Now the belt is making some terrible squeaking noise. Will this go away when the belt dries off?

Thanks!

yup
You could always take the belt off and clean it

sent from my iPhone 5....PSH!!! I don't have money for a iPhone 5

modelageek 07-07-2013 06:01 PM

Re: IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking

Buy a new Goodyear gatorback.

Where did the coolant go? My guess is you still have a coolant issue.

1993ranger4x4 07-07-2013 06:05 PM

Where is the iac and how do u clean it and what do u clean it with?

1993 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L 5 speed 181,000 miles

bplturner 07-07-2013 06:24 PM

Re: IAC Valve, Coolant and Squeaking

Quote:

Originally Posted by modelageek (Post 1537018)
Buy a new Goodyear gatorback.

Where did the coolant go? My guess is you still have a coolant issue.

That's the million dollar question and one kind of afraid to answer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1993ranger4x4 (Post 1537038)
Where is the iac and how do u clean it and what do u clean it with?

1993 Ford Ranger STX 4x4 4.0L 5 speed 181,000 miles

The IAC is the idle air control valve. There's a howto on this forum. I used mass air flow sensor cleaner but you can use brake, sensor or electronic cleaner. I just sprayed some in there and used several q-tips to scrape out the carbon and associated gunk.

96_4x4_XLT 07-07-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bplturner (Post 1537118)

That's the million dollar question and one kind of afraid to answer.

The IAC is the idle air control valve. There's a howto on this forum. I used mass air flow sensor cleaner but you can use brake, sensor or electronic cleaner. I just sprayed some in there and used several q-tips to scrape out the carbon and associated gunk.

when I bought my truck tank was bone dry
flushed the whole system filled it to the proper level and haven had a issue

when I flushed the coolant it was black btw

sent from my iPhone 5....PSH!!! I don't have money for a iPhone 5