Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   3.0 Vulcan Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/)
-   -   DPFE hoses blowing off at manifold. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/91716-dpfe-hoses-blowing-manifold.html)

socuriouso 05-17-2013 04:24 AM

DPFE hoses blowing off at manifold.

Was driving merrily down the road, when all of a sudden it sounded as though some hose had blown, and was causing serious damage.

I found the DPFE hoses had blown off the manifold so I swung into the nearest parts store to look further.

The DPFE had melted, so I picked up one of those, replaced it, re-attached the hoses and continued on. Five minutes down the road, same sound. The hoses had been blown back off at the manifold again, but the DPFE was in good shape.

Ive replaced the egr valve, cleaned the throttle body and the map sensor. Ive checked for vacuum leaks with both soapy water and seafoam carb and electronics cleaner.

I replaced the hoses just to be sure to eradicate the possibility of collapsed hoses.

Im still having the same issus. I thought I would toss the problem out here, for Im sure there are more experienced and knowledgeable folks than I.

If it is a clogged cat, i have no issues cutting it out and welding in a "replacement" section. I just need to know if I need to bypass the prior and aft O2 sensors.

Any thoughts?

RoberticusMaximus 05-17-2013 05:39 AM

Re: DPFE hoses blowing off at manifold.

no DTC's? you might scan for pending codes even if the CEL isn't on

Rangerman49 05-17-2013 08:47 AM

Re: DPFE hoses blowing off at manifold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by socuriouso (Post 1436436)
Was driving merrily down the road, when all of a sudden it sounded as though some hose had blown, and was causing serious damage.

I found the DPFE hoses had blown off the manifold so I swung into the nearest parts store to look further.

The DPFE had melted, so I picked up one of those, replaced it, re-attached the hoses and continued on. Five minutes down the road, same sound. The hoses had been blown back off at the manifold again, but the DPFE was in good shape.

Ive replaced the egr valve, cleaned the throttle body and the map sensor. Ive checked for vacuum leaks with both soapy water and seafoam carb and electronics cleaner.

I replaced the hoses just to be sure to eradicate the possibility of collapsed hoses.

Im still having the same issus. I thought I would toss the problem out here, for Im sure there are more experienced and knowledgeable folks than I.

If it is a clogged cat, i have no issues cutting it out and welding in a "replacement" section. I just need to know if I need to bypass the prior and aft O2 sensors.

Any thoughts?

Possible clogged CAT. Check back pressure at the point where the DPFE hose go's to the exhaust manifold , you can use a old school vacuum/pressure gauge.
Back pressure should not be more than 1 psi through the RPM range...