Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/)
-   -   Need Some Help (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/8579-help.html)

DakotaRanger 02-25-2010 05:27 AM

Need Some Help

I got my truck back from the shop tuesday with my lift kit installed and i drove it home and it was fine, no problems, but yesterday i was driving home from work and i felt my brake pedal had hardly any pressure, then next thing you know my abs light popped up on my dash and theres something going on with my front driver side wheel. everytime i make a right turn now it just screechs and im not sure if thats part of my brake problems too or what, if anyone has any ideas please let me know

01_ranger_4x4 02-25-2010 05:28 AM

did you check your fluid level? notice any leaks anywhere?

STL 02-25-2010 05:35 AM

what kinda lift also body or suspension? If it is suspension I would have it towed back and have it looked at by the installer

DakotaRanger 02-25-2010 05:45 AM

ya i checked the fluids and there fine, sometimes i have brake pressure and sometimes i dont. the lift is a superlift suspension lift

STL 02-25-2010 05:52 AM

I bet ur problem is with the install they did then. I would have them look at it. If the problems were not there before and now they are.

DakotaRanger 02-25-2010 08:11 PM

ya the abs light went off today so some dirt or dust or something was prolly on the sensor for that one but my truck goes back into the shop tomorrow to get looked at i told them there was something screwy with the brakes but they said they didnt touch them during the install so that wasnt them which pisses me off cause like you said it wasnt doing it before the lift but ill just have the guy doing my alignment tomorrow look at my brakes too

DakotaRanger 02-26-2010 06:58 PM

well i got a call from the guy at the shop, turns out a bearing was out on the front drivers side, so thats what my screeching problem was but nowhere in town has a bearing in stock for my truck so i wont get it back till tomorrow sometime (fingers crossed) and i have to reschedule my alignment

Redrocket 02-26-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DakotaRanger (Post 78838)
ya the abs light went off today so some dirt or dust or something was prolly on the sensor for that one but my truck goes back into the shop tomorrow to get looked at i told them there was something screwy with the brakes but they said they didnt touch them during the install so that wasnt them which pisses me off cause like you said it wasnt doing it before the lift but ill just have the guy doing my alignment tomorrow look at my brakes too

thay said thay didnt touch your brakes??? the superlift kit should come with longer brake lines. if thay didnt change em no wonder you dont have brakes.

DakotaRanger 02-26-2010 08:18 PM

ya no kidding haha but my brakes seem to be working fine now but ill find out when i get it back and hopefully its fine

Areyouforcereal? 02-27-2010 02:07 PM

Just some fyi. I seam to go threw a lot of front wheel bearings and found that they can get pricey. Just ordered one the other day though. Found it from a company on e-bay. Brand New for only $75.00. The best part is it has a lifetime warranty. So that means that if it goes out a year from now, (they always seam to do) i get a replacement for free. The company is called Auto Parts Direct to you.

04bigranger 02-27-2010 10:04 PM

If the abs light is on you definitely have a problem with your brakes probably.

Areyouforcereal? 02-28-2010 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04bigranger (Post 80103)
If the abs light is on you definitely have a problem with your brakes probably.

A bad front wheel bearing will trigger the abs light as well. I removed the abs sensor from the my bad hub ans put some bearing grease in threw the hole then re-installed the sensor, Light went off and the bearing is a little quieter. Should hold me over till the new one comes in.

DakotaRanger 03-01-2010 05:32 AM

ya im pretty sure the bearing is what set the abs off on my dash, right now im just hoping ill get my truck back from them sometime today