Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Trucks (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/trucks/)
-   -   Want to Buy: 99 Jalapeno Green Ranger Ex-Cab (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/trucks/7700-99-jalapeno-green-ranger-ex-cab.html)

Carpe Demon 02-11-2010 12:11 AM

99 Jalapeno Green Ranger Ex-Cab

I am simply looking for a Jalapeno Green Ex Cab Ranger, would prefer the 4.0 and 4x4, but I can deal with the 3.0 and 2wd, no biggy. Anyone knows of one for sale or has one they want to let go please let me know. you can email me, message me on here, reply, all of the above. My email is minusphil@gmail.com if you want to do it that way, Thanks people!

dixie_boysles 02-11-2010 05:12 AM

you know, you're looking for a rare color truck, may be hard to find.

aaron_ariens 02-11-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie_boysles (Post 68210)

Thats what I was thinking.

paintballer4758 02-11-2010 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dixie_boysles (Post 68210)

thats probably why he wants it lol

99offroadrngr 02-11-2010 07:42 AM

buy one and paint it that color lol. i have only seen two that color around here. they are very rare. same with that orange/copper color they had in 98-00, also very rare lol.

Carpe Demon 02-11-2010 02:40 PM

Yes I know that it's a rare color, was only on the 99 models, right? Well Green's my favorite color and when I saw the first Jalapeno Green Ranger I almost cried in happiness. Beautiful. It being a rare color I'm really concerned that I wouldn't be able to match it. I did find one place that supposedly sells the actual color, expensive. So I figured I'm going to try to find one in that color first. Worst case, I have to settle for having it painted and what not but I figured why not ask.

Btw my dad had that Burn Orange color Ext Cab and he got rid of it. A part of me has never forgiven him... lol, jk.

CornFedBeast 02-11-2010 03:31 PM

A friend of mine has the copper orange colored 1998 ranger, it is pretty cool.

Carpe Demon 02-11-2010 04:22 PM

I love that color! Does he want to sell it? lol, jk.

CornFedBeast 02-12-2010 03:37 PM

He just bought it late last year around fall i think... I never really knew they were rare but now that i think of it ive only seen like 2 copper/oranger rangers. Him, his brother and I all have ford rangers and love them so we're not going to sell them any time soon.

01STEPASIDE 02-12-2010 10:06 PM

That is pronounced "hal-a-pain-yo" green. Just in case anybody was wondering. lol

Carpe Demon 02-12-2010 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CornFedBeast (Post 69462)
He just bought it late last year around fall i think... I never really knew they were rare but now that i think of it ive only seen like 2 copper/oranger rangers. Him, his brother and I all have ford rangers and love them so we're not going to sell them any time soon.

Haha, I was kidding, that's awesome though! The color is called Bright Amber, I have the color code for it and I'm tossing around the idea of painting my Red 2.3 that color. I used to think I saw a lot of them, then I realized it was the same guy, lol.

wvcat 02-13-2010 08:56 AM

I have one(bright amber) I'm going to sell but your a million miles away...lol

greyghost 02-13-2010 09:01 AM

it would be worth more if the paint code on the truck matches the actual color of paint on the truck.

STL 02-13-2010 09:31 AM

1999 Ford Ranger XLT - $7,377

Palm Coast Ford
888-812-5498
1150 Palm Coast Pkwy Palm Coast FL

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DM...48/T101391.jpg

1999 Ford Ranger XLT - $7,495

Rick Hill Imports
888-221-4873 865 East Stone Drive Kingsport TN

http://images.cars.com/supersized/DM.../8133-4.02.jpg

Carpe Demon 02-14-2010 02:17 AM

Yeah I saw that first one on ebay and I don't like the whole bidding thing for vehicles and I'm not looking for a stepside, but oh my how pretty is that color, *happy sigh*. Thanks though for digging those up, I appreciate the help.

Since I'm not worried about matching numbers or anything I think I'm going to hold out and get a newer model maybe 02 or 03 and refinish it in the Jalapeno Green. I have the paint code and such. If I happen to find a 99 Ex Cab Jalapeno Green Ranger, that's not on ebay, then I will be happy but I'm fine with repainting at this point. Not to mention I will be putting fiberglass fenders and bedsides on it so A) I might as well paint the whole thing so it truly matches and B) I would hate to cut up a real Jalapeno Green truck seeings how there aren't a whole lot out there.

So with that, I appreciate the help guys but I think I'm going to go a different route. This is after a few days of thinking things over.

Realizing that an Explorer 5.0 performs as well as 01 and newer 4.0's really put things in perspective. Why spend money to swap an engine for 8 more horse power that will suck more gas? Then I figured I might as well get a later model 4.0 and paint it the color I want instead of screwing with swapping and stuff.