Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Lifted Suspension (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/lifted-suspension/)
-   -   Checking Interest: Coilover bracket models (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/lifted-suspension/76996-checking-coilover-bracket-models.html)

01RangerEdge 11-13-2012 03:45 PM

Coilover conversion bracket drawings

So I have a set of RCD coilover brackets, and I wanted to see how many people would be seriously interested in buying CAD models of this bracket?

Another engineer at work has Solidworks on his computer and offered to draw and dimension them, for a fee of course.

I don't know what I want to charge yet, but I just want to give people the opportunity to get these brackets made on their own terms. I'm not trying to take business away from the guy who's having them made. I know that some of you have access to your own shops and this model would be helpful.

Here is what the brackets look like

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/y...t/IMG_0005.jpg

(I'm posting this in this sub-forum because it has more traffic, a mod can move it if it's that important)

07fx4II 11-13-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge
So I have a set of RCD coilover brackets, and I wanted to see how many people would be seriously interested in buying CAD models of this bracket?

Another engineer at work has Solidworks on his computer and offered to draw and dimension them, for a fee of course.

I don't know what I want to charge yet, but I just want to give people the opportunity to get these brackets made on their own terms. I'm not trying to take business away from the guy who's having them made. I know that some of you have access to your own shops and this model would be helpful.

Here is what the brackets look like

(I'm posting this in this sub-forum because it has more traffic, a mod can move it if it's that important)

Where was this 2 weeks ago..?? Lol I might be interested though... Let me know if you come up with a reasonable price...and why are these not on your truck already?

01RangerEdge 11-14-2012 11:12 AM

Re: Checking Interest: Coilover bracket models

I'm surprised at the little interest, I figured more people here would want coilovers

Redneckstone 11-14-2012 11:52 AM

I would highly

01RangerEdge 11-14-2012 12:45 PM

If more people are interested I would be willing to do it

01RangerEdge 11-14-2012 04:59 PM

I guess I should also say this is a limited time offer. These will be going on my truck in a couple weeks

afdude88 11-14-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01RangerEdge
I'm surprised at the little interest, I figured more people here would want coilovers

Give it some time...not everyone gets on here everyday. I would definetely buy this, were I not about to sell my truck.

2004 Ford Ranger FX4, 4.0L, 5-speed, 63000 miles.....For Sale!!!!!

mbxmitch 11-25-2012 10:28 PM

I want coil overs !!!

liftedminiranger 11-26-2012 12:02 AM

I want a set, I have been looking forever to swap over to coil overs

01RangerEdge 11-26-2012 11:16 AM

Well I'm glad there is more interest, I just wish you guys were quicker. I have about another week before this offer is off the table.

Would you guys be willing to front money towards this, or will you only pay after they are available? If so, how much?

I just don't want to pay to have it done, then no one ends up buying them

Neo 11-26-2012 11:21 AM

Id buy a set.

01RangerEdge 11-26-2012 04:11 PM

So, does everyone understand I'm not offer to make the actual brackets? It's the models so you can have them made on your own

And I'm also asking if anyone would front money to do it

Neo 11-26-2012 04:27 PM

Depends on how much. But I would

mbxmitch 11-26-2012 09:30 PM

You live to far from me to "front" money for a business deal. However , I would gladly put coil overs on my truck when my Dana swap comes around , problem with this is that most people who are doing extensive work to their suspension , have the expertise and the know how to make their own brackets probably cheaper and faster the ordering them you know

01RangerEdge 11-27-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbxmitch (Post 1116305)
You live to far from me to "front" money for a business deal. However , I would gladly put coil overs on my truck when my Dana swap comes around , problem with this is that most people who are doing extensive work to their suspension , have the expertise and the know how to make their own brackets probably cheaper and faster the ordering them you know

If you're swapping a solid axle these brackets are useless.

I know there are a lot of people that could figure out how to make brackets, I'm not targeting those people. This is for someone who wants coilovers but doesn't know a lot about suspension geometry.