Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Moment of Silence for Capt. Phil Harris of Deadliest Catch (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/7652-moment-silence-capt-phil-harris-deadliest-catch.html)

dixie_boysles 02-10-2010 05:41 AM

Moment of Silence for Capt. Phil Harris of Deadliest Catch

Quote:

CNN0 -- Capt. Phil Harris of the Discovery Channel show "The Deadliest Catch" died Tuesday of complications from a stroke suffered late last month. He was 53.

Harris, the tattooed and gruff captain of the Cornelia Marie, was a fan favorite in the reality show about crab fishing off Alaska.

"Discovery mourns the loss of dear friend and colleague Captain Phil Harris. He was more than someone on our television screen. Phil was a devoted father and loyal friend to all who knew him," a statement from the network said. "We will miss his straightforward honesty, wicked sense of humor and enormous heart."

Harris suffered a massive stroke on January 29 while his crew offloaded crab at St. Paul Island, Alaska.

"It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad -- Captain Phil Harris," said a statement from his sons, Jake and Josh Harris. "Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end
For anyone who watches Deadliest Catch on Discovery Channel, Capt. Phil Harris passed away :atear:

Deadliest Catch is by far my favorite show on T.V. I have alot of respect for those guys and the hell they have to go through to earn a buck. I think we all need a moment of silence for a good man

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/de...h/phil-harris/

RangerNDog 02-10-2010 06:01 AM

Dang that sucks. I love Deadliest Catch. IIRC this past season he has a blood clot in his lungs. The way they eat/drink energy drinks/smokes it doesn't surprise me.

jduffield1974 02-10-2010 06:25 AM

deadliest catch

i use to watch deadliest catch when i could. that is very sad to here he has past. i dont know how those guys do what they do. i have a lot of respect for all of them. my sympathies to his friends, fans, and family.

wesvo 02-10-2010 06:29 AM

that sucks man i love that show :eek:

Kingoverace 02-10-2010 06:42 AM

Salute
....My fav Capt. The thread title alone sent chills through my spine...Even the one of the deadliest job couldn't get you brother!

Loggy 02-10-2010 08:36 AM

DAMN IT!!! Well we all knew something was coming sooner or later. After his whole ordeal on the show two seasons ago. But, he was one of my favorites on the show. He will be missed. (Moment of silence)

FireRanger 02-10-2010 09:13 AM

Its a shame he died but this is kinda ridiculous. Some guy in Alaska on a TV show dies and people are crying and having moments of silence. I'm not going to get a national moment of silence when I die and I go to work every day. Why is this guy different?

surfer03133 02-10-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 67735)
Its a shame he died but this is kinda ridiculous. Some guy in Alaska on a TV show dies and people are crying and having moments of silence. I'm not going to get a national moment of silence when I die and I go to work every day. Why is this guy different?

He was on T.V. Are you on T.V? That is the main difference. I feel bad that he died, and i wish his family the best, but he lived a pretty unhealthy life-as evident on the show when he had that blood clot that passed through his heart. If there is anything to be taken away from this I believe this is it: It doesn't matter what type or how deadly your job is, If you don't take care of yourself you will be the cause of your own death.

dixie_boysles 02-10-2010 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireRanger (Post 67735)

Its not that he's different, i liked him and the show that he was on and i feel sorry for any person that has passed as well as for thier family. I don't know him, nor do I you, but you can believe that if you died as well, we would have a moment of silence for you too. Its just a matter of respect, that's all; after all he did leave two childeren about our age...

BigT8600 02-10-2010 11:46 AM

Wow. Thats my wife's and my favorite show. That is sad. I was really pullin for him.

Ranger_EDGE 02-10-2010 12:10 PM

that guy smoked so much on that show. i was surprised he didn't have lung cancer. i also thought he was a goner when he cracked his ribs and had internal bleeding. that was weird right there. love the show! its my summer time fav show! love watching it all day long on saturdays when they do the marathon lol cant wait for the new season to come out. and soory to capt phill. he was a trooper for sure! so who the capt of the Cornelia marie now?

aaron_ariens 02-10-2010 01:03 PM

Yeah, my friend is a deck hand, he is taking hard. =/

surfer03133 02-10-2010 02:29 PM

when he had to go the hospital it was like the engineer that acted as relief captain, but he didnt catch too many crabs, lol. I've always liked the Northwestern and Sig the best. Capt. Phil will be missed though

XLT08 02-10-2010 03:42 PM

Rest in peace, Captain.

When ya live in the fast lane, you know you gotta pay the piper some day.

TerrenceStuart 02-10-2010 05:00 PM

Ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding.