Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   What to wear to funeral? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/75193-wear-funeral.html)

haybo19 10-22-2012 11:29 AM

What to wear to funeral?

Hey guys, so story is that a good friend of mine's dad passed and I am going to the funeral. Problem is that Im at college and all my "formal nice " stuff is at home, what would be acceptable to wear. Again I do not have a suit so im SOL there. Thanks

RoberticusMaximus 10-22-2012 11:40 AM

Re: What to wear to funeral?

do you have any dress pants at all?

djfllmn 10-22-2012 11:40 AM

all the funerals i went to i went in jeans and a tshirt...all that matters is if you go not what you look like

03 SB FX4 10-22-2012 11:40 AM

Do you have a nice pair of jeans (like what you would wear on a date)? Those would be ok with a nice button down shirt. Hell, if you don't have anything like that, then just go to Wally World and get you a nice pair of dark jeans and a nice button down. You can be in an out for under 40 bucks and if you have a date you got something already!

RoberticusMaximus 10-22-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfllmn (Post 1062204)
all the funerals i went to i went in jeans and a tshirt...all that matters is if you go not what you look like

yeah, i've gone to funerals in jeans before...and i'm glad i went.

nobody would even think about it as long as you go with clean clothes...IMO

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03 SB FX4 (Post 1062205)
Do you have a nice pair of jeans (like what you would wear on a date)? Those would be ok with a nice button down shirt. Hell, if you don't have anything like that, then just go to Wally World and get you a nice pair of dark jeans and a nice button down. You can be in an out for under 40 bucks and if you have a date you got something already!

yeah, nice pair of dark jeans and a button up/pearl snap can look really nice.

djfllmn 10-22-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertmcclure (Post 1062210)
yeah, i've gone to funerals in jeans before...and i'm glad i went.

Nobody would even think about it as long as you go with clean clothes...imo

^^^this

HazardousRanger 10-22-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfllmn (Post 1062204)

not to be rude but i wholeheartedly disagree. i had my grandpas funeral recently and it pissed me off how some of these people were dressed. where is the honor and respect for the dead? my cousin showed up in her usual im a hot chick outfit with the cleavage and all that and then her sister showed up with her very blue hair.wtf. if my grandpa was mick jagger, i would understand. He was not, he was in the army and a very great guy. RESPECT goes a long ways. IF the persons funeral is YOUR family member, dress how you want. if you are not a family member, you are unoffically expected to dress appropiately. it was in the summer and i still wore a long sleeve dress up with my dress pants.

jcpennys sells both pants and a shirt for about 35 to 40 dollars. if you cannot do that, at least get a dress shirt and wear your cleanest jeans

RoberticusMaximus 10-22-2012 11:47 AM

yeah, your friend would probly like to see you there.

if 'my friend' didn't go because he didn't have nice clothes, i would have said 'dude, just come...no worries!' :)

i would let any of my friends borrow clothes if it were my parents' funeral. i know that's out of YOUR control though :)

djfllmn 10-22-2012 11:47 AM

the only thing that matters is if they are there IMO...hell ive gone to weddings in short sleeves and shorts already...and i get thanked for showing up

HazardousRanger 10-22-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djfllmn (Post 1062224)
the only thing that matters is if they are there IMO...hell ive gone to weddings in short sleeves and shorts already...and i get thanked for showing up

its a wedding, it is not near as serious as a funeral.

RoberticusMaximus 10-22-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger (Post 1062215)
not to be rude but i wholeheartedly disagree. i had my grandpas funeral recently and it pissed me off how some of these people were dressed. where is the honor and respect for the dead? my cousin showed up in her usual im a hot chick outfit with the cleavage and all that and then her sister showed up with her very blue hair.wtf. if my grandpa was mick jagger, i would understand. He was not, he was in the army and a very great guy. RESPECT goes a long ways. IF the persons funeral is YOUR family member, dress how you want. if you are not a family member, you are unoffically expected to dress appropiately. it was in the summer and i still wore a long sleeve dress up with my dress pants.

jcpennys sells both pants and a shirt for about 35 to 40 dollars. if you cannot do that, at least get a dress shirt and wear your cleanest jeans

good point!
i've been to a lot of funerals...i guess i'm a little desensitized to a lot of aspects...

djfllmn 10-22-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertmcclure (Post 1062220)
yeah, your friend would probly like to see you there.

if 'my friend' didn't go because you didn't have nice clothes, i would have said 'dude, just come...no worries!' :)

me too...its the fact that they went...thats what counts

bear_claw_91 10-22-2012 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger

not to be rude but i wholeheartedly disagree. i had my grandpas funeral recently and it pissed me off how some of these people were dressed. where is the honor and respect for the dead? my cousin showed up in her usual im a hot chick outfit with the cleavage and all that and then her sister showed up with her very blue hair

Now I'm not trying to be rude but what was she supposed to do dye her hair natural for the day then wait for it to grow back out so she can re dye it? Not as easy as you'd think. My girlfriend has colorful hair like that and on this issue especially I would think there would be respect for her too...

But yeah I'd just say wear your nicest clothes. Or go with the Walmart idea

HazardousRanger 10-22-2012 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbachjr

Now I'm not trying to be rude but what was she supposed to do dye her hair natural for the day then wait for it to grow back out so she can re dye it? Not as easy as you'd think. My girlfriend has colorful hair like that and on this issue especially I would think there would be respect for her too...

But yeah I'd just say wear your nicest clothes. Or go with the Walmart idea

they make nice formal hats

Sent from my HTC Glacier using FRF App

RoberticusMaximus 10-22-2012 11:56 AM

i might add a recent funeral...

My great uncle died a few years ago (last of 4 brothers including my grandad). many of his immediate family wore jeans and pearl snaps. but us too, the other three extended families kinda dressed that way...and the immediate family didn't like the way we dressed IIRC...they seemed to resent us being there for one reason or another...

anyway, all the friends that showed up were in jeans. we had a nice time visiting just like when my grandad died, and the other two great uncles. it seems to be case by case.