Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Suspension Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/suspension-tech/)
-   -   Rear Axle not centered under truck? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/suspension-tech/74460-rear-axle-centered-truck.html)

The Twanksta 10-12-2012 01:27 PM

Rear Axle not centered under truck?

Ive heard mention of this in a couple threads, but could not find any information on it or if its something that I can correct. My axle seems to be about .5-1" off center towards my passenger side. It was like this before I installed the DJM drop kit and with my 10" wheels and drop, it has just become more noticeable. The truck drives perfectly straight and handles great, its just visual for the most part.

Normally, I wouldnt care, except I am finding that my tires are getting cut by the fender(even after rolling) on the passenger side and the driver side has never touched the fender at all.

Is there any fix to this that I am not away of to "re-center" the axle under the truck? Ill try to grab some pictures this weekend.

Thanks in advance for any help on this!

RoberticusMaximus 10-12-2012 01:39 PM

Re: Rear Axle not centered under truck?

The Twanksta 10-12-2012 01:41 PM

The truck does not "dog-track", I know what that looks like and that would mean the axle is actually turned one way or the other. The axle is perfectly straight, its just offset to the passenger side.

RoberticusMaximus 10-12-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Twanksta (Post 1051398)
The truck does not "dog-track", I know what that looks like and that would mean the axle is actually turned one way or the other. The axle is perfectly straight, its just offset to the passenger side.

ok ok i see you're not happy...sheesh sorry

The Twanksta 10-12-2012 01:43 PM

haha, sorry, did not mean to come off in a bad way, just trying to explain whats going on.

Ranger_EDGE 10-12-2012 02:02 PM

is cant be off centered. the leaf pack goes right on top the the axle which has a center pin that goes threw it all and the stud goes into the axle on its plate. are you sure your bed isnt screwed on right? my has offset when i first got it. finally fixed it last year when my fuel pump went south

The Twanksta 10-12-2012 02:05 PM

Yeah, it doesnt make sense to me, was curious if maybe it was something all rangers had from the factory, since there really is no left/right adjustability. Seems like a lot of Superduties and F-150s have this problem too after doing a google search though. Another member also mentioned the body/bed not being centered on the frame. I will have to check that out next time I get under it.