Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Truck of the Month (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/truck-of-the-month/)
-   -   Questions and Answers (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/truck-of-the-month/7042-questions-answers.html)

Tom 02-01-2010 12:46 AM

Questions and Answers

Since we are keeping all chitchat out of the TOTM nomination thread if you have a question about TOTM, post it in this thread.

STL 02-01-2010 05:30 AM

When you second a truck just simply quote who ever nominated the truck.

U dont need to leave the picture or the reasson they nominated the persons name will work. Then just post "second"

When u see another ride u like just quote it also and copy paste into you 1st "second" post

blueovelboy 02-01-2010 09:44 PM

question can we put someone in if say like john thay had a awesome truck and it was wrecked or stolen or only trucks that are still around?

Tom 02-01-2010 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueovelboy (Post 61773)
question can we put someone in if say like john thay had a awesome truck and it was wrecked or stolen or only trucks that are still around?

Interesting question. I'm going to have to say no. Otherwise I could see this leading into an excuse to nominate trucks as they were during one particular modification stage. It's not unheard of for users to wreck their Ranger, and simply use that as an excuse to modify their Ranger more. For example, getting rear ended then buying a roll-pan. Same happens even with totaled Rangers, where the user buys back the truck and continues to modify it (or simply put it back to stock).

Furthermore, if the users truck is permanently gone, I doubt they would be an active member of this forum, which is a requirement for TOTM.

So to answer your question, we should limit TOTM nominations to trucks in their current conditions.

blueovelboy 02-02-2010 01:48 AM

thanks tom for a speedy replay now of to totm thanks.

TrePaul86 02-02-2010 02:20 AM

AHHHH that's why when I looked my post was gone! Thanks for the update though Tom!

Fx4wannabe01 02-02-2010 02:51 AM

When the "vote for TOTM" thread pops up and there's pictures of the nominated person's truck, can the nominee choose the photo which will be on display for voting consideration?? So long it's a current/currentish picture?? Or are we stuck with the nomination pic from the nomination thread?

STL 02-02-2010 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fx4wannabe01 (Post 61941)
When the "vote for TOTM" thread pops up and there's pictures of the nominated person's truck, can the nominee choose the photo which will be on display for voting consideration?? So long it's a current/currentish picture?? Or are we stuck with the nomination pic from the nomination thread?

No if they would like to submit a new picture they can simply just PM me the picture. It will need to be done within 2 days of the thread opening. I wont change after 2 days

TrePaul86 02-02-2010 03:13 AM

Hell, I didn't even know it was happening!

Can I submit a new one to you on Wednesday, Mykhael? I should have a new, more updated on then.

TrePaul86 02-02-2010 03:21 AM

So for TOTM winners, is there a banner that gets placed on the winner for the next month? Say whoever wins Feb gets a banner during the month of March or maybe it stays there? Like a sticky under their name? That'd be kinda cool.

STL 02-02-2010 03:25 AM

Thats fine

Just remember just because your nominated does not mean you will be in the voting. If people "second" other rides and all you get is one nomination with no seconds you might be out of the running.

Also if you second 2 rides your still allowed to nominate a truck.

TrePaul86 02-02-2010 03:36 AM

Yeah, I got that much... Democracy ftw! lol

STL 02-02-2010 03:41 AM

Tom will have to get back on the banner deal. As far as I know nothing is in the works for such a thing.

You may just edit ur signature with a link to the announcment of winner thread.

Tom 02-04-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrePaul86 (Post 61949)
So for TOTM winners, is there a banner that gets placed on the winner for the next month? Say whoever wins Feb gets a banner during the month of March or maybe it stays there? Like a sticky under their name? That'd be kinda cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 61953)
Tom will have to get back on the banner deal. As far as I know nothing is in the works for such a thing.

^^ This is correct, nothing is in the works. I'm not a fan of plastering a bunch of images on the forum, I like keeping things clean and simple. So I seriously doubt I'll be convinced to have a "TOTM winner" image attached to usernames anytime soon. However, I could see having a very small icon (like a star, or one of those "1st place" style banners) underneath the usernames but that would be a PITA to setup so it would have to wait for quite a few months at least.

Remember though, TOTM is occurring simply because a lot of you asked to be able to do it, so basically for now what you see is what you get.

TrePaul86 02-04-2010 02:20 AM

Yeah... I gotcha Tom..

Hey another cool idea... Maybe set the home page to display the TOTM winner in like the upper right or left corner for the month? Just throwin out ideas.. I have no idea what it takes to make these all happen, so bear with me lol

Smokey 02-04-2010 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrePaul86 (Post 63111)
Yeah... I gotcha Tom..

Hey another cool idea... Maybe set the home page to display the TOTM winner in like the upper right or left corner for the month? Just throwin out ideas.. I have no idea what it takes to make these all happen, so bear with me lol

Lol. Atleast we have a few thinkers in this forum. I mean FEW.:D JK

FX4 02-09-2010 07:58 AM

can you nominate more then one truck? the same user nominate maybe 2 or 3 trucks or does everyone have to nominate some one different?

STL 02-09-2010 08:22 AM

U can only nominate 1 truck but can "second" 2 other trucks that u think deserve to be in the running.

so u could nominate member A and then second member E and member Y

Johnbaum13 02-09-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 61869)
Interesting question. I'm going to have to say no. Otherwise I could see this leading into an excuse to nominate trucks as they were during one particular modification stage. It's not unheard of for users to wreck their Ranger, and simply use that as an excuse to modify their Ranger more. For example, getting rear ended then buying a roll-pan. Same happens even with totaled Rangers, where the user buys back the truck and continues to modify it (or simply put it back to stock).

Damnit, why did I have to wreck my truck!!!

You are very correct though Tom, by the time my truck is put back together, it will be very different. After all, getting backed into WAS how I got my roll pan, lol!

blueovelboy 02-09-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnbaum13 (Post 66556)
Damnit, why did I have to wreck my truck!!!

i asked tom if i could put you up there john. and yes keep it positive it will be much better when done!

varanger 05-03-2011 11:07 AM

Re: Questions and Answers

how do i post a picture of the truck i want to nominate?

dixie_boysles 05-03-2011 11:22 AM

find a good picture of it, right click on it get the location link for it and then use the little icon in the post box that looks like a mountain and a sun and paste that link in the dialogue box

varanger 05-03-2011 11:23 AM

ok thanks

klinger86 05-03-2011 11:42 AM

What about taking the 12 winners of TOTM and making a truck of the year out of them. I don't know if this is already happening. If it is the mods can go ahead and delete this post.

STL 05-03-2011 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klinger86 (Post 410579)
What about taking the 12 winners of TOTM and making a truck of the year out of them. I don't know if this is already happening. If it is the mods can go ahead and delete this post.

All the trucks that won TOTM in 2010 were put into a poll.

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/truck...ruck-year.html

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/truck...ruck-year.html

pooleo 02-14-2012 09:57 PM

Had a question about FEB truck of the month. Before I second anyones truck.

Is machine disqualifyed from being nominated by a banned neo? and Is neo being ban remove his trucks and his 'seconds'?

Need an answer ASAP! :D thanks staff.

Tom 02-15-2012 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleo (Post 760932)
Had a question about FEB truck of the month. Before I second anyones truck.

Is machine disqualifyed from being nominated by a banned neo?

No.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooleo (Post 760932)
and Is neo being ban remove his trucks and his 'seconds'?

Need an answer ASAP! :D thanks staff.

Yes.

darksyde 04-05-2013 07:19 PM

Question, can you second someone you put in to be nominated for? I.E. I nominate Dixie or Tom can I therefore quote and second them.

Tom 04-05-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darksyde (Post 1345496)
Question, can you second someone you put in to be nominated for? I.E. I nominate Dixie or Tom can I therefore quote and second them.

No.

Baller 04-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1345849)

No.

Its not listed in the rules that you can't.

Sent from my galaxy s3 using FRF App

RagerTom 04-05-2013 10:26 PM

wouldnt your nominating them be voting for them in a sense.... i mean they wouldnt be on the list if you hadnt nominated them so...... seems like getting them on the list should be satisfaction enough, no?

----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom (Post 1345849)
No.

You let that free vote blow right by ya :p

Baller 04-05-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagerTom (Post 1345865)
wouldnt your nominating them be voting for them in a sense.... i mean they wouldnt be on the list if you hadnt nominated them so...... seems like getting them on the list should be satisfaction enough, no?

But it's not listed in the rules that you can't second the truck you nominated. And as you know if more then 5 trucks are nominated that the 5 trucks with the most seconds are the ones that make it to the voting thread.

RagerTom 04-05-2013 10:30 PM

Right but They wouldnt be up for consideration if you hadnt nominated them so whats the big deal? I dont understand.....

Baller 04-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagerTom (Post 1345871)
Right but They wouldnt be up for consideration if you hadnt nominated them so whats the big deal? I dont understand.....

Its not a big deal, but if tom doesn't want people to do that it should be listed in the rules.

RagerTom 04-05-2013 10:34 PM

I have a feeling it will end up in the rules shortly ;)

Baller 04-05-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RagerTom (Post 1345876)
I have a feeling it will end up in the rules shortly ;)

Me too ;)

darksyde 04-08-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baller (Post 1345872)
Its not a big deal, but if tom doesn't want people to do that it should be listed in the rules.

Why should it be listed in the rules? Where do you come from or have seen where someone nominates somebody then turn around and second your own nomination. In jobs across america and in schools nominations to elect someone, the person doesn't stand up front, say hey I nominate so and so and then go on to say I also second my nomination.

gcextreme 05-03-2013 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baller (Post 1345869)
But it's not listed in the rules that you can't second the truck you nominated. And as you know if more then 5 trucks are nominated that the 5 trucks with the most seconds are the ones that make it to the voting thread.

Thats not how it works....its called a 2nd because the 1st was the nomination.

Glenn says: i nominate person A.

Another person: i second person A.

Its how city councils and meetings and elections have taken place for many years...

Try seconding your own nomination at an official meeting..lol.

At a city council meeting it would go like this:

Member1: i nominate Jack for Treasurer.
President would say : We have a nomination for Jack for Treasurer. Are there any Seconds?
Member 2: i second Jack for treasurer.
President would say: we have a second for Jack for treasurer. All those in favor say Aye.....now all those Oppose say Aye...

And so forth...so member one would look like a retard if he seconded his own nomination..
Also at a real official meeting or election that same guy who nominated Jack would also look stupid if someone else was nominated and he seconded that person.. because when it comes to voting time...who is he going to vote for...? The guy he actually nominated or the other guy whom he seconded...cuz he only gets one vote...and if hes not going to vote for the guy he nominated then thats freaking stupid..might as well be saying.."im going to nominate u but im not going to vote for u"

gcextreme 09-15-2013 09:00 AM

Bump..i want to bump this to adress a different issue.
TOTM rules state that if a member is nominated he cant be nominated consecutive months and if he wins he wont be elgible for 12 months.

The wording is more towards the member, not the truck...so what if a member like me, low2.3, roadkill, and others who have more than one ranger truck??

For instance...low2.3 has a sweet lowered red 2wd truck and a cool 4x4 white truck. So if one month someone nominates his red truck...then it wins, well then his white truck isnt elgibile??

When nominating youre suppose to post a pic of the members truck and why it should be TOTM....
Its truck of the month not member of the month...and when u win...youre not really winning anything, no prize, just bragging rights.

I just want to address this issue becuz there are many of us who have more than 1 ranger...and i can see this being an issue eventually...

----------

Also..i see that low2.3's red lowrider did in fact win TOTM in June....so according to the current rules his white ranger wont be elgible for 12months!

Tom 09-15-2013 09:06 AM

Those TOTM rule line items do not refer to members. No where in that area of the rule is "member" or any relation to a "person" mentioned. The rule specifies a "candidate" which is referring to a specific truck.

So, using your example, low2.3 is still able to compete using his other ranger.