Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Same as? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/6881-same-as.html)

hunterranger 01-28-2010 11:48 PM

Same as?

I just picked up a very used 2001 Ranger Edge 3.0 V6 automatic.

What other year / style Rangers can I get parts from?

What other model truck will match up? (mozda?)

Is 2001 a split year where they made one style the first half and another during the second part?

I will be doing a bunch of junk yard searches and would like all available options.

Thank you all in advance,

Dave

Fx4wannabe01 01-29-2010 12:43 AM

95-01 explorer/mountaineer, 95-05 explorer sport, 01-05 explorer sport trac, 98-current ranger/mazda b-series(b2300, b2500, b3000, b4000).

What kind of parts are you after? There's alot you can and can't use depending on your year, cab, and what you want.

2001 is not a split year.

TrePaul86 01-29-2010 01:06 AM

2001 was a year they debuted a new motor, and left the old motor as an option... As far as I know that's the only difference between the years...

But Shane nailed it, hell he probably has what you're after.. Lol

hunterranger 01-29-2010 07:46 AM

Need

For now I am hunting for body parts and pieces.

We need both of the plastic bed rails (son likes to raised look of the stock ones)

Tail rail cover

Seats that will fit and operate correctly

Mounting hardware for head lights. (metal slides that hold them and the black cam twisties the hold the head light pins in place) This is a guess... I need to see what this area "Should" look like to be sure.

Plastic pieces that go from carpet to bottom of door frames.

rear area cargo net and side flip up seats or some other options for the space. Maybe a tool box?

Question... Does the stock hood have springs to assist in lifting it? Our is very heavy to open and I see no springs, yet it looks like there are holes for them to be.

I am sure I will need other, more important things like relays, controls, bushings and such, we just have not got into it enough to trouble shoot those areas yet.

Dave

Bapple60 01-29-2010 12:25 PM

Hi All,
I just picked up a 2006 Ranger (no frills) stick shift to replace a Buick Rendezvous I was glad to see go. I'm liking it so far but I must say it doesn't like slick (icy!) roads. It spent the first years of it's life as a fleet vehicle for a company in Colorado Springs, and it has a really basic radio. I would like to upgrade to include a cd player (but not pay very much!).
Any suggestions?
Bill

MattFetters 01-29-2010 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bapple60 (Post 59856)
Hi All,
I just picked up a 2006 Ranger (no frills) stick shift to replace a Buick Rendezvous I was glad to see go. I'm liking it so far but I must say it doesn't like slick (icy!) roads. It spent the first years of it's life as a fleet vehicle for a company in Colorado Springs, and it has a really basic radio. I would like to upgrade to include a cd player (but not pay very much!).
Any suggestions?
Bill

haha, Bill you need to make a new topic for this and not add to someone elses.

As far as the hood thing goes, I have the same truck, it is a heavy hood, no springs but it does have the option on mine as well yes. you can purchase that as I've seen many people ditch the hood support it comes with but I see no point as it's rarely open for me haha.