Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/)
-   -   bank 2 too rich and bank 1 too lean need help (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-tech/66658-bank-2-rich-bank-1-lean-help.html)

midnit369 07-16-2012 10:17 PM

bank 2 too rich and bank 1 too lean need help

Ford ranger 2003 3.0 flex fuel 2 wheel

My rpms went for 3000 to 850. I had recently changed out the left exhaust manifold cuz the old one crack around number 6 area so I change that out that's when I had lost rpms. I also had misfires on 4, 5, 6 in which I corrected. The crack manifold was burning up number 6 wire and 4 and 5 well I changed out the intake manifold gasket n corrected that problem I also change the mass air flow sensor. I also changed out the o2 sensor one the left. After all that my rpms went up 1500 to 1800. The truck feels like its dragging. When its not in gear it sounds good no misfires but when I put in drive its starts losing power. Anyone has an idea what it could be. I am thinking catalytic convertor which one don't know. Can someone help me greatly appreciate it.

Rangerman49 07-16-2012 10:40 PM

Re: bank 2 too rich and bank 1 too lean need help

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnit369 (Post 951729)
Ford ranger 2003 3.0 flex fuel 2 wheel

My rpms went for 3000 to 850. I had recently changed out the left exhaust manifold cuz the old one crack around number 6 area so I change that out that's when I had lost rpms. I also had misfires on 4, 5, 6 in which I corrected. The crack manifold was burning up number 6 wire and 4 and 5 well I changed out the intake manifold gasket n corrected that problem I also change the mass air flow sensor. I also changed out the o2 sensor one the left. After all that my rpms went up 1500 to 1800. The truck feels like its dragging. When its not in gear it sounds good no misfires but when I put in drive its starts losing power. Anyone has an idea what it could be. I am thinking catalytic convertor which one don't know. Can someone help me greatly appreciate it.

If you can get your hands on a scanner, pull the codes and post.
That will give us a better idea of whats going on.

midnit369 07-17-2012 02:09 PM

Codes P0175 bank 2 system too rich
P0171 bank 1 system too lean
Those are the only two I have now the top two

Before P0304 cyclinder 4 misfire
P0305 5
P0306 6
those were taking care of after exhausted manifold was replaced and intake manifold gasket was replaced

P1152 lack of headed oxygen sensor (bank 2 sensor 1) swith, indicates rich

That went away after the o2 sensor was replaced.

Any ideas anyone

midnit369 07-18-2012 12:49 PM

I have rechecked the intake manifold for leaks no leaks were found

Danger_Ranger00 07-18-2012 01:09 PM

Re: bank 2 too rich and bank 1 too lean need help

if its running too lean try getting your truck hooked up to a smoke machine to look for any leaks. when i bought my 00 2.3l i had a coke for it running too lean (too much air) and i hooked it up to a smoke machine. then found that one of my breather hoses were kinked and it blew out my PCV valve, causeing it to run lean. so i would say to look for any leaks in the hoses and see if the code goes away

SebastianTH1 09-22-2012 05:36 PM

I don't know if its possible but maybe your left and right upper oxygen sensors are mixed up? I would think if that was the case the computer might see that bank 1 is running a bit lean, but because its the wrong sensor it would actually be reading bank 2s output and then pump more fuel in causing it to run rich in the wrong bank and creating a cycle of rich bank 1, lean bank 2.