Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Texas woman, not cowgirl though (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/introduce-yourself/664-texas-woman-cowgirl.html)

g-ann 03-02-2009 10:21 PM

Texas woman, not cowgirl though

Women need trucks too. Finally got an '04 Black Edge reg cab. I really like it. Developed a problem though, hope someone can help me figure out a solution.

htjunkie 05-04-2009 09:59 AM

What problem are you having?

g-ann 05-05-2009 05:07 PM

rain coming into cab

Hi, you ask about the trouble I'm having with my Ranger. Bought used from Ford assembly plant through Carmax. Looked great. During hard rains I'll have standing water in passenger floor board and started noticing a water stain over passenger door headliner. A puzzle as to where it was coming in. Couple months later, power washing truck I see the windshield popping out of rubber molding, I mean out! at the center top. I had this reglued and it seemed to fix the water problem but later during rain noticed it was still coming in. I think I will take truck back to windshield place for more glueing and hope that fixes it. Also noticed it coming in over the back window. Windshield guy said something happened to windshield and when replaced it wasn't glued in. Can anyone relate to this problem. I'm getting a little rust on the door sill screws. GLoria

beaujt 05-05-2009 08:26 PM

I'd just pull the whole windshield out, and the back window too... and reseal/glue it all! The newer rigs i'm pretty sure just take like a silicon glue that isn't pre-molded or anything so you can just cut right through it without any worries, but i'm not completely positive about that.

Kierstien 05-06-2009 05:19 AM

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

I can relate to this problem even if I dont have a solution. My last vehicle, Saturn. Damn good on gas. Has this problem. Every time it rained it leaked in water, and I mean alot! it wasnt just from the sunroof either It was coming from the windshield. I siliconed and siliconed.. and it still rained in there.

Carmax is supposed to have good cars.. Perhaps it was in a wreck and twisted something on the frame causing the seals to loosen? Just a thought.

You WILL want to have this fixed. The water in my saturn caused mold.. mildew.. (It was disgusting) falling headliner.. In the wintertime since all the moisture was always inside of the car, not only did the outside of the window get frost, but the INSIDE too. Try doing that without a heater for 2 years... NOT FUN! I replaced the water pump, thermostat, radiator but I never got deep enough to change out the heater core. Some idiot used barr's leak, wrong and screwed up the whole coolant system. So I drove it til the wheels about fell off, sold it for 800 hundred bucks (Paid $1,500 someone ran into me and totaled it, giving me $2,500) and bought my truck for $3000.00. Yeah I did pretty good on that deal.

Sorry so long and.. off topic.. But it was relevant to start with! lol

htjunkie 05-06-2009 09:53 AM

I was going to say that I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like maybe it was in a wreck or something, and maybe got the cab twisted a little.

beaujt 05-06-2009 10:20 PM

to check and see if it was in wreck you should take it to a body shop, and have them take a look at the frame. they of all people should be able to tell if it has been "redone" and where... cause if the cab was banged up, i'd bet money the frame was dinged up pretty good too.

Kierstien 05-06-2009 11:02 PM

I'd take it back to carmax before I put any more money into it. They supposedly do SO many inspections (which supposedly is why they can charge so much) And tell them what's going on with it. I supposed there is no warranty, but you still get 30 days no matter what.

beaujt 05-06-2009 11:07 PM

not to go off topic, but whats carmax? is it just in a certain region or something? Cause i ain't ever heard of it... but i'm also from the northwest:D

Kierstien 05-06-2009 11:11 PM

It's one small step down from a dealership. They sell used cars, but pretty much at new car prices.. (No offense ann) They put them through rigorous checks and inspect them from bumper to bumper so that you get basically a new car for the price your paying. which is yes less than a brand new car.. but still pretty steep compared to a buy here pay here place.

Supposedly they stand behind their work. I'd let them know they let that one slip under the radar.

ajmsinc 03-31-2010 05:35 AM

Re: Texas woman, not cowgirl though

This sounds like a rare problem. Maybe an accident had caused the cab to twist a bit. Hard to say but I feel for ya. A good auto glass person should make it work.

g-ann 03-31-2010 06:38 AM

windshield repair

Hi to all who replied to my windshield problem. Leaking and whistling! I had it repaired, seems remedied now so wanted to share the fix. Glass shop took out both windshields along with a dried up strip of black adhesive putty like .... They called it "butyl adhesive tape" and said it eventually dried up, shrank, and becomes inflexible. They used a caulk gun black adhesive and so far no more problems. Those guys made the fix look easy and put duct tape at top to hold in place for a day, no car washing. Cost $200.

richarddhoward 03-31-2010 10:21 AM

Good luck with that, the heat can beat down and cause that problem. The seals on my back window leaked on my Ranger when it was 40 below outside and I was driving cross country. Let us know how it goes!!

Welcome to the FRF too!!

STL 03-31-2010 03:05 PM

Welcome to FRF

TerrenceStuart 03-31-2010 03:50 PM

though you've been a member for 12+ months, this is an introduction section, so....
Welcome to FRF, g-ann!