Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Electrical Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/)
-   -   PLEASE HELP! Turn Signal Problem (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/electrical-tech/59742-please-help-signal.html)

JayWalk 04-13-2012 11:00 PM

PLEASE HELP! Turn Signal Problem

I have a 99 ford ranger. My left blinker blinks fast (like I have a bulb bad), right blinker blinks fine......Bulbs are good, Both front and back blinkers blink, I have pulled front and back blinker bulbs, flipped them, replaced them. cleaned wiring terminals. On the other hand, Hazzard lights both blink just fine. have searched for the flasher, no luck, even tho i dont think that could be it because my right blinker blinks on time. I got a ticket yesterday because of this, which isnt right because the blinker on the left does blink. Just blinks fast. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellas!

JayWalk 04-18-2012 08:21 PM

Re: PLEASE HELP! Turn Signal Problem

UPDATE!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

After 31 views and no replies, i figured either A. i must be a *******. or B. serious problem!
I took the the headlights out to inspect the bulbs one more time. Decided to cut the wire wrap and tape off of the wires to check them. there is was. ground wire had been pinched and has hanging on by a strand! literally! BOO YA problem solved primos

OhioMike 04-18-2012 08:37 PM

Not to be a jerk, but the different color sentences are bad for the eyes, very hard to read, and unnecessary. Glad that you were able to solve the issue.

JayWalk 04-18-2012 08:54 PM

thats why the second post is one color. THANKS!!

FireRanger 04-18-2012 09:07 PM

That's probably why nobody replied to the first one.

JayWalk 04-19-2012 01:52 AM

Lol everyones a smart ass

Bobbyd963 04-19-2012 02:02 AM

I have the same problem both blinkers blink fast but when my hazards are on they blink normal. I checked and wiring seems to be fine, no blown fuses and the bulbs are good........I dont know where to go from here.

FireRanger 04-19-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobbyd963
I have the same problem both blinkers blink fast but when my hazards are on they blink normal. I checked and wiring seems to be fine, no blown fuses and the bulbs are good........I dont know where to go from here.

Replace the flasher next.

[Sent with the FRF Android App. So people can hate me even when I'm not at my desk!]

AMoon 10-09-2012 10:36 PM

Try repositioning your steering wheel. Sometimes the wiring connection to the blinker toggle switch can get "stretched" and not connect correctly.

gracianoh 01-20-2014 08:21 PM

I have same exact issue. Both side blinkers blink fast. On hazards they're normal. So more than likely it's the flasher relay?? So I can go buy one