Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   What do you do for a living? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/5837-living.html)

dixie_boysles 01-07-2010 02:51 PM

What do you do for a living?

Not sure if this is a re-post, but I'm interested in seeing the array of jobs.

I'll start:

I went to school for a degree in Mechanical Drafting Technology. I knew in college that I did not want to become a mechanical draftsman. I wanted architectural, but the local college didn't offer it. I graduated May 08' and received a call from the local granite quarry that I had put a resume in to. I went through three interviews and landed the job. I work in dimensional stone which is architectural related. My company is NC Granite Corp. I draw up. And design how stone is to be cut in order for it to go on/in a building/monument/structure. We have provided granite to such things like the Hyatt Center in Chicago, the WWII memorial in DC, the Wright Memorial in Kill Devil Hills and MANY other things. As of the moment, I am working on the Virginia War Memorial. On site, we quarry Mt Airy Granite which is your typical grayish white granite with black fleck. But we fabricate any type of stone from marble to limestone to granite. So you can see is is a neat job.

MattFetters 01-07-2010 02:55 PM

I am a personal trainer and my family has started and own a couple personal training studios in orange county california.

www.tspot.org

surfer03133 01-07-2010 02:59 PM

well my summer jobs and internships(i'm a full time college student) are pretty different from eachother.
In summer i work on a changeout/install crew for my dad's air conditioning company. we work REALLY long hours, basically be at the shop by 6:30 and we can't leave the customer's house till they have full a/c, which is usually around 7-8 pm, sometimes we've been working till 10:30 pm. its a really fun job i think, i learn a trade that will be useful throughout my life and it keeps me occupied during summer. we also work on commercial 20 ton units and stuff. if your ever flying into MIA and see a massive, really massive A/C unit ontop of the airport mall...i got to put that in:D
i used to work in the forensics lab for Florida Fish and Wildlife Comission as internship

Dcrymes99ranger 01-07-2010 03:05 PM

Right now im unemployeed. I do help Brent aka sandman in his lawn care business. I am also going to school at Virginia College to study to be a CMA.

RangerJustin 01-07-2010 03:52 PM

Desk Jockey...work for Cooper Industries as a buyer/planner...have a degree in psych though...

STL 01-07-2010 03:55 PM

Diesel Tech

Fun job get to see a lot of crazy things. Since the economy has tanked see some pretty interesting things to keep that engine running till they can afford to have it overhauled.

talkington 01-07-2010 04:00 PM

i was working as a helicopter mechanic until the company i was working for went under now i work for my dad selling helicopter parts while im waiting to leave for the navy

bigtoys2004 01-07-2010 04:42 PM

I am a dimensional control/industrial measurement technician at northrop grumman newport news shipbuilding. I use laser trackers and photogrammetry to measure parts and units of subs. Its amazing to think I use equipment that cost as much as houses everyday!

Sandman 01-07-2010 05:22 PM

i'm a ford diesel tech and like stl stated its interesting to see what people do to keep their trucks running and the way that they make their trucks run

DisturbedESV 01-07-2010 06:36 PM

Work for a company that sells industrial cleaning equipment (mostly pressure washers). I do a little of everything but mostly just receptionist/parts/scheduling our driver.

ranger101 01-07-2010 06:53 PM

Hired badass.

smakes 01-07-2010 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJustin (Post 49556)
Desk Jockey...work for Cooper Industries as a buyer/planner...have a degree in psych though...

as in cooper lighting? my moms company used to do a shit ton of business with them

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranger101 (Post 49605)
slacker.

thats your real job title :D

blueovelboy 01-07-2010 07:23 PM

i work with free electrons, sign waves, and radio waves! as an electrician. when i am at second job iam a drunk and very good at it!

feather 01-07-2010 07:27 PM

college professor

Jp7 01-07-2010 07:49 PM

I tune performance cars (95% turbocharged), do cosmetic vehicle work including body & paint.