Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Audio / Video (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/)
-   -   Ford Premium radio buttons (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/audio-video/53623-ford-premium-radio-buttons.html)

onlyme 02-05-2012 10:14 PM

Ford Premium radio buttons

I been searching for an answer, but haven't found one yet, or possibly accidentally overlooked it. I have an 01 Sport with the Premium dual media radio, and have a problem. Some of the radio button lights will not light up, everything else works perfect, display everything. I did a lot of reading, this is not the Mach model with the RDS button, with the light issues.

It's just the regular Premium dual media unit shown below, but the AM/FM, Seek, Tune, and Rew buttons do not light as the rest of the radio does. I know from searching though the Premium, and Mach unit look similar they are different internally. Has anyone took 1 of these apart is there bulbs behind the faceplate, or leds? I can't afford a new radio right now, so only option is repair it if I can, thanks.

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...diosys/sra.jpg

Yeller 02-05-2012 10:16 PM

It's not worth the headache of trying to repair. Just get a new HU

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

OhioMike 02-05-2012 10:26 PM

Re: Ford Premium radio buttons

There is a gentleman on www.explorerforum.com named Duanne Harrison that fixes the radios. It is the circuit board that malfunctioned and soldering is involved. Unfortunately, no bulbs to replace. I sent a newer one to him and he fixed it for $90, but for that price, you can get a new basic aftermarket one. Radios really aren't that expensive unless you need the bells and whistles.

1madRanger 02-06-2012 09:14 AM

Those go out... a lot. Yeah... take the advice of the line share of posts here... get another radio. If you want premium high end equipment... I can hook you up. Want basic sound... Wally World FTW.

onlyme 02-06-2012 11:26 AM

Thanks, I will probably just look around here locally for another, or a possibly a 6 disc CD6 premium unit.

1madRanger 02-06-2012 12:13 PM

If you get another stock radio... count on it doing the same thing. Ford Stock equipment wasnt the best built. Id go ahead and go aftermarket. You'd need only a harness adapter and for single din a plactic install kit. Double din goes right in.

GLH 02-06-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlyme (Post 746572)
Thanks, I will probably just look around here locally for another, or a possibly a 6 disc CD6 premium unit.

I have the 6 disc and speakers from my '02. I will take $250, shipping and insurance included. :)

Yeller 02-06-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 746924)
I have the 6 disc and speakers from my '02. I will take $250, shipping and insurance included. :)

No offense, but I could get a 1000 times better aftermarket HU and speakers for only a few more bucks than that.

GLH 02-06-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OlYeller (Post 746956)
No offense, but I could get a 1000 times better aftermarket HU and speakers for only a few more bucks than that.

1000 times ? Really ? Ah man ! Missed another sell ! :aetsch:

RedLineRanger 02-07-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLH

1000 times ? Really ? Ah man ! Missed another sell ! :aetsch:

250 dam killer. Aftermarket hu is like 90 4 6x8 are like 80. Thats all kenwood. U want 250 for stock lol crazy. I have.all my stock to id take like 125 plus shipping.

GLH 02-07-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLineRanger (Post 748139)
250 dam killer. Aftermarket hu is like 90 4 6x8 are like 80. Thats all kenwood. U want 250 for stock lol crazy. I have.all my stock to id take like 125 plus shipping.

Just saying. I'd soon keep mine. :aetsch: