Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   3.0 Vulcan Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/)
-   -   3.0L flex squeak (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/5170-3-0l-flex-squeak.html)

mehdi1993 12-17-2009 07:12 PM

3.0L flex squeak

occasionally on cold days, my truck makes a squeeling/squeaking noise when idling and while driving. at first it would go away, but with this recent rain, i realized it doesnt go away even when the engine is warmed up. i did some research and came up with something about the cam position sensor, but the noise isnt coming from there. it sounds like its coming RIGHT from the generator, yet everything works. could it just be the generator squeaking as it spins? any ideas??

STL 12-17-2009 07:16 PM

Generator? there is no generator on your truck just teasing man

Did you test the alternator? Could be the alternator bearings making the noise

Yrac 12-17-2009 07:24 PM

Could be belt squeak. (moisture on belt causing minor slippage)

Turn&Burn 12-17-2009 07:36 PM

the barrings on a pulley could be going

chaddwalters 12-10-2010 11:20 PM

Re: 3.0L flex squeak

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yrac (Post 42170)
Could be belt squeak. (moisture on belt causing minor slippage)

x2 - Replace the belt or deal basically. Welcome to a 3.0. I've went through three belts and every trick in the book almost. Only thing I can figure is moisture gets on it because all pulleys are good and belt is a Gates.

MooDib 12-10-2010 11:49 PM

Ok, next time you have a problem that you fix post a thread about it instead of bringing up EVERY THREAD THAT HAS EVER BEEN POSTED ON A SIMILAR ISSUE.

chaddwalters 12-11-2010 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooDib (Post 264600)
Ok, next time you have a problem that you fix post a thread about it instead of bringing up EVERY THREAD THAT HAS EVER BEEN POSTED ON A SIMILAR ISSUE.

Which is easier for the person who created the post to find - Me ANSWERING their post, or me posting a thread about it that more than likely they won't find (BECAUSE THEY WILL CHECK THEIR POST)

I have an idea for you... don't open the post if you know its about the same issue. Easy enough?

SORRY for helping out someone with their problem, get your panties out of a wad.

MooDib 12-11-2010 12:26 AM

Well, I would hope someone would have fixed this problem a year ago so you didn't really help anyone.

chaddwalters 12-11-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MooDib (Post 264625)
Well, I would hope someone would have fixed this problem a year ago so you didn't really help anyone.

Never know now do you. ;) You would also think that people have better things to do on the forums than mouth off about someone trying to help, I guess you were wrong on that one...

But I am sorry for pissing in your Cherios Mr. Billy Bad Ass :adore: