Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/)
-   -   Armrest console: I hate it! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/4919-armrest-console-hate.html)

Dang 12-09-2009 10:02 PM

Armrest console: I hate it!

I never been much of a armrest driver. Usally I just flop 'em up and forget about them. But the design of the Ranger's makes it unfortable to drive even flipped up!
Why am I bitching about something like this when their are worst things happening in the world? I dunno. Nor do I care! I just want to loose it. It's too big, doesn't even lay flush with bench seats when it's up for some poor sob who's stuck in the middle.
I wonder if any genious out there ever came up with a better idea then what the Ford engineers did.

RangerJustin 12-09-2009 10:30 PM

You can take it off and just leave the gap...

Jay FX4 12-09-2009 10:33 PM

Word. Remove it and be done with it.

Fx4wannabe01 12-09-2009 10:46 PM

remove seats. add milk crates. zip tie female seat plugs onto milk crates. mission successful!

Tom 12-10-2009 01:40 AM

You guys are weird, I feel totally lost without my armrest.

Fx4wannabe01 12-10-2009 02:20 AM

I too feel lost. Of course, I am an arm armrester. Nothin' quite like resting the elbow on the armrest and shifting all 5 of those gears. I miss it. Removed because of Ford's piss poor "shorty" console armrest design that cracks WAY too easily. Metal replacement coming soon!

mcpink 12-10-2009 04:46 AM

Can't go wrong with the explorer console and seats.

Clem 12-10-2009 09:00 AM

Just replace the bench with buckets and leave the console out. or just take out the console and the two attaching pieces on the floor. Problem solved.

Ray

Dang 12-10-2009 10:21 AM

lots of good ideas here including Shane's, I wold love to install bucket seats like the ones in my caravan. My wife is a armrest user. I don't think my budget will allow new seats anytime soon though. Shane whats this replacement you got coming?

RangerJustin 12-10-2009 12:16 PM

Check your JYs for some Expy bucket seats.

greyghost 12-10-2009 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJustin (Post 39715)
Check your JYs for some Expy bucket seats.

agree since cfc the junk yards around me are full of expy's.:D

Dang 12-10-2009 11:23 PM

Let's see if this newbie old fart is figuring this jive out correctly....
JY: Junk Yard.
Expy: Expedition?
CFC:????? I have no idea what cfc is. Cash for clunkers maybe?

Anyway do Expy buckets bolt right in?

RangerJustin 12-10-2009 11:30 PM

expy usually refers to the exploder or explorer as it is an RBV (Ranger Based Vehicle) so a lot of the parts are interchangeable.

And yes they will bolt in. JY is junkyard, and CFC I am guessing is cash for clunkers especially since explorers were the #1 traded in for it.

Dang 12-11-2009 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJustin (Post 39882)
expy usually refers to the exploder or explorer as it is an RBV (Ranger Based Vehicle) so a lot of the parts are interchangeable.

And yes they will bolt in. JY is junkyard, and CFC I am guessing is cash for clunkers especially since explorers were the #1 traded in for it.

Thank you Justin. Hope Santa is extra good to you!

RangerJustin 12-11-2009 09:07 AM

Hope so too haha. Where in Nor*Cal are ya? I spend x-mas in Stockton.