Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Site Announcements, Comments and Suggestions (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-announcements-comments-and-suggestions/)
-   -   why did you join us and how did u find out about us (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/site-announcements-comments-and-suggestions/4626-join.html)

2001xlt4d 11-28-2009 10:29 PM

why did you join us and how did u find out about us

just like the title says, how did you find us and what made u join us?

not saying that anyone dont need to be here just curious as to why we all moved.

By no means is this a bash the other ranger sites. not what the purpose is. if it gets out of hand i will delete the post.

1993Ranger 11-28-2009 10:42 PM

First site I found on the internet search on Ford Rangers, and liked what I found.

DisturbedESV 11-28-2009 10:46 PM

I was already tired of the drama on R-F (my home for about 1.5 yrs) and when the new owner came in and shit on the place I was over it. I knew I didn't like TRS and RPS (that's why I ended up at R-F) but I talked to Brian (turbo) and he recommended FRF... after talking to a few other people and checking the place out I fell in love with the vibe... haha...

smakes 11-28-2009 10:47 PM

im with marie, but mine was a forced exodus lmao

2001xlt4d 11-28-2009 10:49 PM

okay, here is mine:
i joined because i didnt like what rich was doing. I did some research and it said that he was doing some illeagle and un ethical stuff. not going into details but it wasnt pretty. i basically just left there and STL reccomened me to FRF. I fell in love and decided this was my home and like the others have said, i really like the vibe, everyone is calm, quiet and content. no big fights where a admin has to get into the middle of it. no bans besides the people who needed them. all in all i give Tom and all of his crew a big thumbs up. Im sure he knew what he was getting himself into, and decided to do it anyways. so i think we all need to be thankful that we had somewhere to go once the other ranger site took a bigggggg dump.

DisturbedESV 11-28-2009 10:51 PM

^^ WTF Andy?! haha

2001xlt4d 11-28-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DisturbedESV (Post 36259)
^^ WTF Andy?! haha

sorry, i am using chrome and apparently hit the wrong key and it went ahead and sent it. oops...

blueovelboy 11-28-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1993Ranger (Post 36255)
First site I found on the internet search on Ford Rangers, and liked what I found.

^^^^^
as was i, and stl, snowball09 and countless other just made me feel at home!

wesvo 11-28-2009 11:19 PM

my truck was too hot for other sites lmao had to hang with the big boys and girls recemended to me from my cardomain :cool:

usmcwpntech 11-29-2009 12:45 AM

I was pretty active on Jeep sites when I had one, they were a lot of fun, so thought I'd give this a go. I just googled "Ranger Forum" and this and another one came up, the other one didn't appear as pleasing to the eye, so I chose this one, plus it didn't just focus on Rangers.

Fx4wannabe01 11-29-2009 01:28 AM

I joined cuz it was the hot thing to do.....join FRF. Even though I'm a staffer of Ranger-Forums, I didn't like what was happening there. Though I still don't like it. But frequent this site quite a bit. Reminds me of RF back in '05-06ish.

Marie...you finally joined because I said you need to join...unless I was mislead...

Andy...you changed since you got the boot from RF. You used to be an ******* prick...now, you're cool. loll.....IDK if that makes sense...but...uh...yeah. lol.

mcpink 11-29-2009 06:49 AM

I joined because all the cool kids were doing it...

Seriously, been on RF for a while, and have not liked the way it's been heading. This forum looks good and, from what I've seen so far, the dialog has been civil.

Jay FX4 11-29-2009 07:27 AM

I started off at ORR - bad idea. That experience almost made me write off Ranger forums altogether. Then I found TRS. I think someone on TRS linked to this site, so I checked it out. I just thought it was cool that there was a brand new, squeaky clean Ranger forum, so I joined. At the time when I joined, there were very few regular posters. Although FRF still isn't very big (yet?), when I joined it was like a ghost town compared to now.

TRS will always be my home, but it's nice to see FRF gain some momentum. For a while, I wasn't sure if it was going to.

Fx4wannabe01 11-29-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay FX4 (Post 36325)
but it's nice to see FRF gain some momentum. For a while, I wasn't sure if it was going to.

LOL! Been waiting for Generation-Edge to gain some steam since '05.....Ain't gonna happen. lol. This would be the 'new' G-E, not the huge old G-E that died in early '05. Too stubburn to stray from it's roots to make it easily usable to the member/user. It's really too bad...because most all of us started there back in '02 ish. All the popular Ranger mods were developed by members from the old G-E (blinker mod, third brake blinker mod, headlight mod, fog light mod, efan mod, explorer ohc mod, etc...) It was virtually the site dedicated to 01+'s. TRS was all gen1-3's. RPS was all Gen3 lowriders. G-E's death is what got RF it's big boost in '05. Similar to FRF's boost when RF got just too big and changes started happening.

RangerNDog 11-29-2009 08:44 AM

Didn't like the way RF was going. When I had my first Ranger back in 04-05 RF was great. Then over the last year I was there it has gone down the tube. I still frequent there but don't post nearly as much. I always surf here at FRF everyday and get over to RF when I feel like it.