Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Ever had to slim jim a Ranger? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/44938-slim-jim-ranger.html)

Stitt1988 10-19-2011 05:44 AM

Ever had to slim jim a Ranger?

So I locked my keys in the truck and guess what I was doing yesterday? Going to Baxters auto parts to buy a slim jim.

Now I have a spare key, I normaly always do but its a new truck and I hadn't got around to it yet.

03RangerFX4 10-19-2011 05:53 AM

Re: Ever had to slim jim a Ranger?

Nope, never locked my keys in my truck!!! My keys go right in my pocket before I get out of the truck!!! Good luck!!

reconjb 10-19-2011 06:00 AM

Yep once at subway luckily a cop passed by and had a slim Jim popped the lock in about 2seconds got a spare the next day
------
I even tried the antenna almost had it to

ob269 10-19-2011 07:00 AM

Dude, I had NO idea what you were talking about when you said slim jim your ranger! Lol I know now but I didn't know that was the name..

haybo19 10-19-2011 07:06 AM

it happend to me as i was getting out of my truck for work. the keys were in my hand but there is a lanyard on them and it got caught on the door handle and i closed the door hard and it took the keys with it.

luckily i work at a car parts store where we had a slimjim

infinitiranger 10-19-2011 07:14 AM

ive locked mine out once or twice, i keep a piece of thick ground wire in the bed and just go through my sliding glass window and either fish the keys out or once i was actually able to open the door handle with the wire :D its more fun than crawling under my truck to get my spare haha

pooleo 10-19-2011 07:15 AM

rangers are stupid easy to pop. Coat hanger bent like a J does it. Slide in with hook part to the hood. Drop about 7" turn the hook to you, pull up. I have locked my keys in before. Usually first thing I do is lock the door upon opening, well, forgot to get the keys :eek:

sullys_ranger 10-19-2011 07:20 AM

its easier than that
LINK DELETED

01RangerEdge 10-19-2011 10:32 AM

You need a keybox, they're nice even though I've never been locked out.

DadsFordGirl 10-19-2011 10:47 AM

I have a hidden keybox now. But I've had to pop my lock with my radio antenna before.

SalRanger2 10-19-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DadsFordGirl (Post 592585)
I have a hidden keybox now. But I've had to pop my lock with my radio antenna before. Just stick it in the handle hinge, feel around and you'll pop the lock.

was just thinking this lol i think theres a news vid somewhere

Smasher 10-19-2011 07:03 PM

I have a spare set at my house..but I really need to get just a flat key cut to keep somewhere either outside my truck, or in my wallet. Never heard of a key box, everyone I know usually zip ties it under their vehicle somewhere :P

klinger86 10-19-2011 07:05 PM

i've locked myself out a couple of times. used a cb antenna to pop the lock up. fed it thru the door and hooked the lock and pulled... but of course i have after market lock pieces on my truck....

MikeLoco 10-19-2011 07:06 PM

yea man, i hve a stash full of slim jims in my truck, there so good!

----------

lol j/k

camodown 10-19-2011 07:18 PM

And I will edit to say:

oh yeeeaaahhh!!!

http://i850.photobucket.com/albums/a...n-slim-jim.jpg