Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Interior Parts (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-parts/)
-   -   Who wants to sell me a factory radio? (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-parts/4441-sell-factory-radio.html)

wmowson 11-19-2009 12:09 PM

Who wants to sell me a factory radio?

Howdy y'all.

I just joined up, and it looks like you've got a pretty kickass board here. My reason for joining is as follows:

About a week ago, the factory radio in my girlfriend's 2005 Ranger FX4 started acting up, and since then I've been scouring the earth for a fairly specific OEM radio for that vehicle. I've developed an unhealthy knowledge of recent ford radio part numbers and features, and I've decided what I need is this:

06-07 Ranger Single CD AM/FM radio with AUX input.
I'm looking for the newer style (but still clip mounted) radio with the 16-pin power and speaker connector AS WELL AS the 20-pin aux port on the back.

I'm pretty sure the following part numbers will fit my needs:
7L5T-18C869-**
6L5T-18C869-**
I suspect there may be other numbers that will work as well.
If you have one of these parts sitting around your garage in working condition I would very much like to buy it. I'm willing to talk $100 plus shipping (if shipping is necessary) for a 100% functional unit in good physical condition. I prefer to pay via Paypal, or by cash in person if you're within a couple hours of Ithaca NY.

In keeping with my personal tradition of doing everything at the absolute possible minute, I need this by next TUESDAY. (Nov. 24th)

Note:
She has a 4L5T-18C869-AC and neither that nor a 5L5T-18C869-** I looked at has the 20-pin aux port I'm looking for. Either of these parts would do the trick in a pinch, but are worth significantly less to me. If you're willing to ship me one of these units that works for, say, $60, I may be interested.

STL 11-19-2009 02:24 PM

Anything from 1998 2009 will work

I pretty sure the AUX input wont work without some other stuff to make it work

Keep a eye one ebay there are some that pop up there

RangerJustin 11-19-2009 09:35 PM

Your 05 doesn't have the Aux input though. The aux input isn't actually on the radio on the OEM models. It is routed down to where your airbag switch is now.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/assets/i...5_int_full.jpg

West 11-19-2009 09:39 PM

Try looking on http://car-part.com/

edgeman4.0 11-19-2009 09:59 PM

go to your local best buy... look in the car audio dept and ask them about an i-simple ipod adapter kit. it integrates into the factory radio. the kit cost 49.99 and they'll charge another 49.99 to install it, but trust me... it works great and sounds amazing. why trust me you may ask? b/c i'm an installer and i do them all the time.

RangerJustin 11-19-2009 10:15 PM

And the install is basically just pulling the HU and plugging in an adapter correct?

wmowson 11-20-2009 08:44 PM

Wow guys. Thanks for all the speedy replies.

I've actually already addressed all of those suggestions in some manner or another, and what it boils down to is I (on behalf of my girlfriend) am looking for a very specific aesthetic paradigm, control interface, and feature set found only on the 7L5T-18C869 radio, in combination with something like an iSimple or a P.I.E FRD04. (thanks, edgeman4.0) I believe this radio was only in the 2007 Ranger, with the console auxiliary jack (thanks, RangerJustin)

Believe me, were it my truck, I would have popped in a pioneer or alpine headunit a week ago, and the problem would have been long gone. But my girlfriend wouldn't have any of that. She lives on a college campus and doesn't want to give anyone any reason to break in to her truck. I can't blame her.

At the end of the day the radio needs replaced because the CD player doesn't really work anymore, and I was just wondering if in the world of Ranger enthusiasts, there wasn't somebody who had put in an aftermarket headunit and had their factory one collecting dust in their garage.

Kudos go to West, for referring me to car-part.com. It looks like they have these units by part number for a little over 150. Thanks a bunch, friend.

RangerJustin 11-20-2009 09:28 PM

I would sell ya my OEM one, but the day I pulled it out it started having CD player issues...

wmowson 11-20-2009 10:42 PM

Haha yeah I don't think thats gonna help much...

Thanks again for the help guys, I think I'll have what I need by early next week.

edgeman4.0 11-21-2009 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerJustin (Post 34079)
And the install is basically just pulling the HU and plugging in an adapter correct?

yes and no, the isimple kit is also capable of charging the ipod while switch power is on. therefore you must wire it to switch power on the radio harness. the reason i recommend install is due to the fact of the uncertainty of OP's technical knowhow.

RangerJustin 11-22-2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeman4.0 (Post 34468)
yes and no, the isimple kit is also capable of charging the ipod while switch power is on. therefore you must wire it to switch power on the radio harness. the reason i recommend install is due to the fact of the uncertainty of OP's technical knowhow.

Alrighty, I was just trying to see if it was a splicing procedure or just a plug n play thing.

lrwfx4 11-25-2009 05:12 PM

where you live ? I just took a stosk radio out of my 05 fx4

STL 11-25-2009 06:45 PM

His location says Location: Ithaca, NY

gillentine23 12-17-2009 03:10 PM

i've got one too

Bighomedog11 12-17-2009 06:04 PM

I have a stock radio i can sell you that works! I took it out my truck because i upgraded radio's!
Also i have feedback on ebay 100% trustworthy person!
I also accept paypal if interested!

Feedback(Bighomedog11)