Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   General Ford Ranger Discussion (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/)
-   -   Loud humming 40-45 mph. (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/general-ford-ranger-discussion/42670-loud-humming-40-45-mph.html)

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 02:10 PM

Loud humming 40-45 mph.

Not sure what section to put this in. But my truck is making an annoyingly loud humming and slight vibration at 40-45 mph during accelerateing and de-accelerating.? It very obnoxious. I'm not sure if its mAybe a wheel out of balance its just recently started this and now getting worse. Any help wud be nice and if this is the wrong section a mod to move

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

djfllmn 09-17-2011 02:11 PM

Re: Loud humming 40-45 mph.

might have a bearing going bad

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 02:49 PM

I don't think its popping though. But il def check. The bearings r not that old though

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 07:20 PM

It's a vibrating hum at that speed. Any ideas somebody?

ObsoleteE 09-17-2011 07:28 PM

Bad bearings don't pop, they hum. The humming will become higher pitched the faster you go.

The vibrating sounds like your tire/s could be out of balance, or have broken belts. A shop will be able to tell you what the issue is.

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsoleteE (Post 555877)
Bad bearings don't pop, they hum. The humming will become higher pitched the faster you go.

The vibrating sounds like your tire/s could be out of balance, or have broken belts. A shop will be able to tell you what the issue is.

Umm last time mine went the were clicking in the turn but bearings sounds like it. There under warranty so guess il take them off soon as I can. And tires r only 6000 miles on them. It rele don't feel like an outa balanced tire though

Ranger Sport 09-17-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB03Ranger (Post 555885)
Umm last time mine went the were clicking in the turn but bearings sounds like it. There under warranty so guess il take them off soon as I can. And tires r only 6000 miles on them. It rele don't feel like an outa balanced tire though

You never know.
Once i crossed the border, the us roads fucked up my truck so badly i lost the weights on two of my rims and had to re-balance all four.

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Sport (Post 555904)
You never know.
Once i crossed the border, the us roads fucked up my truck so badly i lost the weights on two of my rims and had to re-balance all four.

I'm def not ruling it out lol. Soon as I get paid il take it to see. My apartment complex is full of speed bumps

HazardousRanger 09-17-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Sport (Post 555904)
You never know.

typical candian blaming us for candian incompetence haha just kidding

seriously tho isnt hard to knock off a weight off a rim?

Ranger Sport 09-17-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HazardousRanger (Post 555914)
typical candian blaming us for candian incompetence haha just kidding

seriously tho isnt hard to knock off a weight off a rim?

dude, we have pot holes issues here, like deep and wide, but you guys have speed bumps everywhere on highways! Almost lost control of the truck a couple times in high traffic in NY, and i wasn't even speeding.

you should have seen the tech guy when he asked me about the missing weights lol

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger Sport (Post 555917)
dude, we have pot holes issues here, like deep and wide, but you guys have speed bumps everywhere on highways! Almost lost control of the truck a couple times in high traffic in NY, and i wasn't even speeding.

you should have seen the tech guy when he asked me about the missing weights lol

yea i know how it is. they salt the roads so heavy its chewed huge holes all in the roads back n forth to my parents. so im sure i cuda easily knocked them off. but its annoying. il check the wheels and the bearings when i can get to my shop

Ranger Sport 09-17-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SB03Ranger (Post 555919)
yea i know how it is. they salt the roads so heavy its chewed huge holes all in the roads back n forth to my parents. so im sure i cuda easily knocked them off. but its annoying. il check the wheels and the bearings when i can get to my shop

actually no, the mob owns every construction company out here, so they cheap out on materials (while charging more than anywhere in the world) and we have to patch up roads yearly. since the gov is in it, every investigation is halted and they keep doing business.

but you guys didn't have holes, it was like the road lifted and created small jumps, which was harder on my truck's suspension, and ripped off the weights.

in any case, i hope its nothing major for ya

SB03Ranger 09-17-2011 08:33 PM

yea me too. cause i just dont have the money for anything major right now. school is taking a huge blow to my financials.

SB03Ranger 09-18-2011 08:28 PM

bump

OhioMike 09-18-2011 08:33 PM

Quote:

dude, we have pot holes issues here, like deep and wide, but you guys have speed bumps everywhere on highways! Almost lost control of the truck a couple times in high traffic in NY
Ohio and PA have some rough roads, but neither compare to parts of NY.