Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   3.0 Vulcan Tech (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/)
-   -   Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. How do I tell if I have flex fuel 3.0 (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/3-0-vulcan-tech/4121-sorry-wrong-forum-tell-flex-fuel-3-0-a.html)

worldclasssniper 11-08-2009 12:56 PM

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. How do I tell if I have flex fuel 3.0
 
Hi Im brand new to this forum but have a bronco and am on fullsizebronco.com, so I do know how the forums work. I apologize if this is posted in the wrong thread set, but I recently picked up a 3.0 1999 ranger. It has a little green sticker on the back looks like a leaf and a road or something, but I wanted to know if this represents the flex fuel.

I will do more research later, but, if you dont mind telling me some of the advantages of the flex fuel vs the regular stuff.

I appreciate your help. I will introduce myself later in the forums, but for now I need to do some work on the truck

Thanks again, in advance

Marc

STL 11-08-2009 01:05 PM

yes that is flex fuel

STL 11-08-2009 01:11 PM

no real advantage with flex fuel. other than its cheaper and better for enviroment. Flex fuel actually burns faster than regular so ur actually using more than a ranger not flexb fuel but paying less.

so if u and a non flex fuel truck took off from the same place drove the same route and speed the non flex fuel would go further

smakes 11-08-2009 06:30 PM

itll have a little leaf logo next to the ford emblem on your tailgate

STL 11-08-2009 07:23 PM

Ya just like this minus the words

http://www.fordvehicles.com/resource...y_03_size3.jpg

davidjsouth 11-08-2009 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 30354)
no real advantage with flex fuel. other than its cheaper and better for enviroment. Flex fuel actually burns faster than regular so ur actually using more than a ranger not flexb fuel but paying less.

so if u and a non flex fuel truck took off from the same place drove the same route and speed the non flex fuel would go further

Agreed. I have a flex fuel Dodge van, and when gas hit $4 a gallon we went to that ethanol stuff for the van, but it does burn faster so you MPG sucks. So stick to regular gas.

Jay FX4 11-08-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smakes (Post 30426)
itll have a little leaf logo next to the ford emblem on your tailgate

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 30447)

Um....
I think he knows that. He's the one who pointed out that he has that emblem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidjsouth (Post 30466)
Agreed. I have a flex fuel Dodge van, and when gas hit $4 a gallon we went to that ethanol stuff for the van, but it does burn faster so you MPG sucks. So stick to regular gas.

Not to mention the decrease in HP/torque.

STL 11-09-2009 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jay FX4 (Post 30503)
Um....
I think he knows that. He's the one who pointed out that he has that emblem.



Not to mention the decrease in HP/torque.

Some others may view the thread wondering what he was talking about

ranger88 11-09-2009 08:00 AM

it may get bad mileage but the price difference makes it about even, you just fill up more often. plus the flex fuel is better for the FFV (flex fuel) engines.

STL 11-09-2009 08:24 AM

not true
e85 is like 45 50 cent diffrence u fill up more and use more to go 500 miles

Jay FX4 11-09-2009 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STL (Post 30562)
Some others may view the thread wondering what he was talking about

Kinda botched the quotes there. I did mean to quote you, but apprently forgot to write whatever it was I was going to say. Can't remember.

ranger88 11-09-2009 04:22 PM

last time i got E85 it was 75 cents cheaper. not anymore though :(

STL 11-09-2009 04:52 PM

If identical trucks left 1 place and drove the same route and same speed. The truck with non E85 would go further. The truck with e85 would have to stop before the regular truck So if they made the return trip the e85 would get more gas totally wiping out the cost difference

Jay FX4 11-09-2009 05:54 PM

It's kind of a joke, and never was a viable solution to reducing dependency on foreign oil.

STL 11-09-2009 06:39 PM

Ya from what I have read about it the farmers supplying the corn have been kinda ripped off also

Missouri use to make it mandatory that all stations have a 10% mix in their gas new democrat gov. :eek: wiped that law off the books


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:29 AM.