Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts!

Ford Ranger Forum - Forums for Ford Ranger enthusiasts! (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/)
-   Off Topic (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/)
-   -   Kinda bummed about this :/ (http://www.fordrangerforum.com/off-topic/39222-kinda-bummed.html)

Rangernator 08-02-2011 12:28 PM

Kinda bummed about this :/

My cousin signed up for the AirForce when he graduated highschool this year, I thought he would be stationed here for bootcamp and everything since North Carolina's Symour Johnson Airforce base is like 30minutes from here but instead he is being sent off to Houston, Texas in a couple more weeks. IdK what to do to make his last week here memoriable, any ideas? I was thinkin like big party or something.

Fordzilla80 08-02-2011 12:29 PM

Re: Kinda bummed about this :/

Well at least he's not a seaman.

Rangernator 08-02-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 (Post 505652)

Ha I was considering the Navy for me but I blew out my knee playin highschool football so I can't pass the fitness tests anymore so im stickin with college instead haha just one more year

Fordzilla80 08-02-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangernator (Post 505655)
Ha I was considering the Navy for me but I blew out my knee playin highschool football so I can't pass the fitness tests anymore so im stickin with college instead haha just one more year

No branch of military would ever take me, I have a colorful medical history. :(

Rangernator 08-02-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 (Post 505658)
No branch of military would ever take me, I have a colorful medical history. :(

Haha I feel you on that one up to date I have had a broken Collar bone, tendenitous in my right arm (baseball), Torn MCL in my right knee (football), and Torn ACL in my right knee (football)

All this and Im only barely 17 years old can you believe that

Fordzilla80 08-02-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangernator (Post 505664)
Haha I feel you on that one up to date I have had a broken Collar bone, tendenitous in my right arm (baseball), Torn MCL in my right knee (football), and Torn ACL in my right knee (football)

All this and Im only barely 17 years old can you believe that

I have stuff I was born with. My two biggest ones are Asthma and Degenerative Disk Disease. Supposedly my back is a ticking time bomb and has been slowly disintegrating since I was born. At least that's what I got out of what the doctor told me.lol.

Rangernator 08-02-2011 12:47 PM

Wow that sucks man my dad has something similar his vertabrate in his spine were sticking together so he has little mobility in his spine the Chiropractor really helped him now his back is doing way better

Fordzilla80 08-02-2011 12:49 PM

Yea mine came up during a chest x-ray. Never knew I had it, never had any serious symptoms, so I don't worry about it. I have occasional back pain when it gets cold, but it never really affects anything, it's more of an annoyance. My mom says she has it too, but at a worse degree than I do. Mine's just been noted in my medical file.

99rangerguy 08-02-2011 12:53 PM

I had a tumor. :/

TerrenceStuart 08-02-2011 12:54 PM

I was a seaman and Damned proud of it.
There is no reason to belittle someone because he/she enlisted in the armed services. Usually, when someone belittles someone it's because they are jealous of that person, or what he/she has done.

I'm a damned proud US Navy Veteran.

Fordzilla80 08-02-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machine090767 (Post 505698)
I was a seaman and Damned proud of it.
There is no reason to belittle someone because he/she enlisted in the armed services. Usually, when someone belittles someone it's because they are jealous of that person, or what he/she has done.

I'm a damned proud US Navy Veteran.

Lollers, usually when someone gets upset over a simple common joke it's because that person takes life too seriously and has intense hatred toward the world and the way things are.

I don't care who it is, but please get laid for all of us.

Skoonae 08-02-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangernator (Post 505655)
so im stickin with college instead haha just one more year

Good choice! :p

cacher 08-02-2011 02:38 PM

They threw me out 30+ years ago since I can't breath "good enough" for them.

oldcarfart 08-02-2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fordzilla80 (Post 505652)

OUCH! WTF? OldCarFart, USN, Ret.

Christianguy 08-02-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangernator (Post 505651)
My cousin signed up for the AirForce when he graduated highschool this year, I thought he would be stationed here for bootcamp and everything since North Carolina's Symour Johnson Airforce base is like 30minutes from here but instead he is being sent off to Houston, Texas in a couple more weeks. IdK what to do to make his last week here memoriable, any ideas? I was thinkin like big party or something.

Sure!
-Throw him a nice send off party !
-Take him on a wheeling adventure with you and your buddies
-detail you truck ,and sit on the porch with him
showing him what he'll be missing!